Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: see ya

Player

see ya

When I first started doing Aby for real and not just xp, I saw a shout out for a Raja party. I thought, cool, I can knock him off the list. Better yet, the guy shouting for him wanted to do 2 more I needed. So I got some of my LS friends together and we joined his party. That's when I recognized the guy as a lousy player. But I thought, who cares so long as I get the win.

9 hours later with much complaining from him and people coming and going from the party and after he kicked me out 3 times because he thought I was going to steal his drops when I kept telling him all I wanted was the win (the other members in pt would tell him to invite me back or they would leave) I finally quit on the party. It was 2 am, half the pt left again and he was still shouting for help. All that this guy offered to the fight was shouting for people and most people had him on BL. I myself added him to my BL after and told everyone still in the pt they should do the same. 9 hours sitting in Jeuno waisted, an entire RL day waisted sitting in front of this game doing nothing.

2 days later I got the win with minimal effort with another pt.

How this game is being run by SE is like that a lot. We are waiting and waiting for good content while SE keeps promising us something but after months and years of waiting we keep getting crap. We keep telling ourselves its worth the wait but really its not and the only way to get out of that lousy situation is to just quit. So that's what I'm doing.

For those who will say "See you next month" I've already sold everything in game worth selling and the rest I gave to my last remaining LS friend who still plays the game along with my over 32M in Gil. So I have nothing remaining to play this game with. Not to mention that I will be deleting my characters before I close my account.

So for people who recognized me in Asura, goodbye and goodluck.

For any SE people that read this, listen to your customers and give them better stuff to do. No one likes to wait around for something that will never happen. i.e. expanding the PS2 memory. That was the only thing I was waiting on for the last 6 months and with no more word on it...

To steal a line from a movie and a Mithra friend who quit years ago...

"Good bye and thanks for all the fish"

I quit
    (6)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhon View Post
    For those who will say "See you next month" I've already sold everything in game worth selling and the rest I gave to my last remaining LS friend who still plays the game along with my over 32M in Gil. So I have nothing remaining to play this game with. Not to mention that I will be deleting my characters before I close my account.
    None of that helps. And it doesn't make your act any more convincing. This is clearly a rage quit, as such I don't trust your judgment. But everyone will be saying that, and I'm not like everyone else. Instead I'm gonna say this: Save the drama for your mama.

Buh-bye!
    (8)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    See ya next week!
    (8)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    /ragequit aside, nearly all good gear these days are rare/ex. It doesn't matter that he "gave everything away."
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So you quit over abyssea content? Seriously? LOL, I mean did you not see tons of contents added in the past year or so? You could not run out of things to do even if you wanted to. From Voidwatch, Walk of Echoes, Neo Nyzul, Legion, etc... tons of stuffs to do, not including crafting. Granted some of the new contents are in dire needs of adjustment, but that does not means there is nothing to do.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Why do people insist of informing us this nonsense, for future reference: WE DON'T CARE!!!!
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I realize people usually post "I'm quitting" threads to inform the powers that be what their problems are, but there's really no point in doing so. SE's not going to change the game to your personal precise tastes to try to win you back.
    (4)

When I first started doing Aby for real and not just xp, I saw a shout out for a Raja party. I thought, cool, I can knock him off the list. Better yet, the guy shouting for him wanted to do 2 more I needed. So I got some of my LS friends together and we joined his party. That's when I recognized the guy as a lousy player. But I thought, who cares so long as I get the win.

9 hours later with much complaining from him and people coming and going from the party and after he kicked me out 3 times because he thought I was going to steal his drops when I kept telling him all I wanted was the win (the other members in pt would tell him to invite me back or they would leave) I finally quit on the party. It was 2 am, half the pt left again and he was still shouting for help. All that this guy offered to the fight was shouting for people and most people had him on BL. I myself added him to my BL after and told everyone still in the pt they should do the same. 9 hours sitting in Jeuno waisted, an entire RL day waisted sitting in front of this game doing nothing.

2 days later I got the win with minimal effort with another pt.

How this game is being run by SE is like that a lot. We are waiting and waiting for good content while SE keeps promising us something but after months and years of waiting we keep getting crap. We keep telling ourselves its worth the wait but really its not and the only way to get out of that lousy situation is to just quit. So that's what I'm doing.

So for people who recognized me in Asura, goodbye and goodluck.

For any SE people that read this, listen to your customers and give them better stuff to do. No one likes to wait around for something that will never happen. i.e. expanding the PS2 memory. That was the only thing I was waiting on for the last 6 months and with no more word on it...

To steal a line from a movie and a Mithra friend who quit years ago...

"Good bye and thanks for all the fish"

I quit
    I bolded the parts that were actually required from your post.

Here is what you actually mean:

I joined a party for a win I needed, but the leader was an idiot.

Lots of other people who also joined the party noticed this fairly quickly and left, but I was too stubborn/stupid to do so.

If I'd thought about it sensibly, we could have re-formed the party with all the people who left, and just left out the idiot shouting.

Unfortunately, due to my stubbornness/stupidity, I stayed in this party for 9 hours, and yet I apparently already know that half the server has him /blacklisted, so they couldn't have joined even if they wanted to.

For this reason alone I'd have been better off shouting myself.

This has absolutely nothing to do with abyssea content or SE themselves, it's just a run-in I had with 1 particular person, but I was too stubborn/stupid to leave the party and do it without him, or find something else to do with my day.

Despite that I'm going to blame SE and /ragequit, making a big post about it and making myself look like an idiot, while thinking that anything will be done about it.
    Not only will nothing be done about it, but it won't matter to you if they do, because you have quit.
    (19)

Player
    Eh, yall missed the point, he was trying to make an analogy to how terrible SE runs this game, mind you a bad one but it does apply.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins
    "So long and thanks for all the fish"
    <3 Douglas Adams <3
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast