Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-05-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Alhanelem is also a SMN and a PUP, so he knows where I'm coming from. But for those that play other "mage" jobs it's no big thing, but a SMN's power lies in its Bloodpacts, and I like subbing SCH to clear up status effects with AoE Erase or -na but If I could do that with my BPs, I'd use the charges for other things.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    letting the NPC fellow be treated more like a party member in general would help a lot in terms of them getting used. This would definitely be a step closer to bringing them back into use (It's pretty rare that I see anyone with one anymore except sometimes soloing at low levels).
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The biggest problem is not that they are themselves functionally weak; a leveled fellow is a fair, if not huge, buff to kill rate. The problem is that you can't actually use them in any activity where a modest buff to kill rate would actually provide meaningful assistance (Dynamis and Abyssea, as the game stands right now). If you could summon an NPC in Dynamis, we might still argue about whether enough's being done with the concept as a whole but nobody would say they weren't worth leveling.

Of course, the new zones we'll be able to summon them in this summer will probably be sea and sky, two more places where kill speed does not especially matter.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It would be totally awesome if I could summon my fellow in dynamis, or abyssea. The fellow would get used alot more than also, I could see people doing the quests involved in them alot more too. I'd be counting down the days my tactical pearl could be renewed again, like pre-abyssea, instead of carrying the same pearl from last month...
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    For sure. The fellow's mainly been a grinding/farming tool up until now and has fulfilled that role really well; some increased functionality and customization wouldn't hurt but the one thing it really needs is the ability to be used where people are actually grinding/farming.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

I've said before I'd welcome my adventuring fellow in Dynamis excursions and her spamming magic ways; at least there she may pull off a proc.

They should have Sea, Sky and Dynamis access; I'd welcome this adjustment.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

TGIF adventurers,
    (and adventuring fellows!)

Sorry for the delay on this but I was able procure some information from the development team regarding adding pet buffs to your adventuring fellows.

If they were to unlock the ability for adventuring fellows to receive AoE buffs from (for example) avatars, it would allow for other pets to receive these buffs as well. Therefore, this currently can't be done.

Hopefully this will cheer up your fellows though:
    A few of you asked in this thread if we can summon adventuring fellows in areas that are currently restricted. Development is actually looking into this as we speak! We'll keep you updated as we progress~
    (4)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    TGIF adventurers,
    (and adventuring fellows!)

Sorry for the delay on this but I was able procure some information from the development team regarding adding pet buffs to your adventuring fellows.

If they were to unlock the ability for adventuring fellows to receive AoE buffs from (for example) avatars, it would allow for other pets to receive these buffs as well. Therefore, this currently can't be done.

Hopefully this will cheer up your fellows though:
    A few of you asked in this thread if we can summon adventuring fellows in areas that are currently restricted. Development is actually looking into this as we speak! We'll keep you updated as we progress~
    Than make it available to pets as well. In case you haven't noticed it's not easy keeping (for example) Wyverns alive.
    (13)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Than make it available to pets as well. In case you haven't noticed it's not easy keeping (for example) Wyverns alive.
    They just did a bunch of updates for wyvern survivability. If bst pets could be buffed they would be way too strong. I don't understand how there can't possibly be a way to differentiate between pets.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast