Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    If pets get damage from AoE, its only fair that they get AoE buffs also... its not game breaking and would for a change, motivate SMNs to use more avatars and be happier with defensive roles (also it not very common anyway to have more than 2 pet jobs in the same party at any given time)
    (4)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Player
    Probably to avoid pets getting stupid things like Embrava/SV songs/PD/etc and would make things like Empathy completely pointless.
    (0)

Player
    eesh... cant say i wouldnt like seeing pets get aoe buffs but would dramatically shift power in pet jobs direction, 4x pup 2x SCH NNI 1 Soulreaver 2 Sharpshooter and 1 Whm maybe? thay'd be a team to recon with i think. would be hard to balance basically because any aoe party buff would be twice as effective in a 5/6 pet job party.

(on a side note /shudder i used the word balance and meant it too... im going to wash my mouth out with soap now...)
    (1)

Character
    Cyranda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    eesh... cant say i wouldnt like seeing pets get aoe buffs but would dramatically shift power in pet jobs direction, 4x pup 2x SCH NNI 1 Soulreaver 2 Sharpshooter and 1 Whm maybe? thay'd be a team to recon with i think. would be hard to balance basically because any aoe party buff would be twice as effective in a 5/6 pet job party.

(on a side note /shudder i used the word balance and meant it too... im going to wash my mouth out with soap now...)
    I don't know that the buffs would be twice as effective. In the case of PUP, for instance, the master does significantly more damage than its pet, so it's not like giving the Valoredge or Sharpshot buffs would suddenly turn them into another player (or even half of another player). Honestly, it's more like pets not being able to get any buffs from other players means they don't actually benefit as much as other people do from being in a party, and I think that's part of the reason why they're often not as effective in some circumstances compared to other jobs that don't have pets.

For example, say an automaton is currently doing 37% of the PUP's damage, the master 63%. A warrior does 100% of its own damage. If a BRD uses a March and a Minuet on a group with those classes, the WAR gets 100% benefit from the attack speed and attack, but for the PUP, only the master's portion of the damage benefits from those buffs. The more buffs you add that the automaton can't receive, the farther behind the PUP's damage falls. So if you have a samba, bard buffs, haste, and food in one party, 37% of the PUP's output is not affected any of those.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cyranda; 07-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranda View Post

For example, say an automaton is currently doing 37% of the PUP's damage, the master 63%. A warrior does 100% of its own damage. If a BRD uses a March and a Minuet on a group with those classes, the WAR gets 100% benefit from the attack speed and attack, but for the PUP, only the master's portion of the damage benefits from those buffs. The more buffs you add that the automaton can't receive, the farther behind the PUP's damage falls. So if you have a samba, bard buffs, haste, and food in one party, 37% of the PUP's output is not affected any of those.
    I AGREE, I underlined/bolded the most relevant sentence in this topic. Thumbs up!

If you are part of a party or alliance and your pet is part of the team then they are included as your utility in the group. If only you benefit from the buffs you're only and the pet does not you're getting one half or less of your jobs potential.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 07-24-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4