Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't worry, the fun is starting to seep into the game now that Boss Tanaka has been defeated. Ironically I like how his defeat has given everyone an Atma effect of:
    "
    FFXI will now increase in playability and fun by 50 (Major)"

following the release of Abyssea etc.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Give pets the occ. does 2.5X damage that's given to the master with the guttler.
    (1)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post
    Don't worry, the fun is starting to seep into the game now that Boss Tanaka has been defeated. Ironically I like how his defeat has given everyone an Atma effect of:
    "
    FFXI will now increase in playability and fun by 50 (Major)"

following the release of Abyssea etc.
    Poor choice of words considering the cirumstances. Keep in mind, Tanaka has been at the helm since the game launched, and it's been good enough that people have kept their subscriptions and kept playing all those ten years. The game isn't suddenly going to "get fun" with him gone.

As far as the system telling the difference between PCs, Pets, and NPCs... aren't they reworking core code? Maybe this is something they can look at when they're poking around in there?
    Or... just let it do whatever it's going to do. If this was done from the start, maybe we could have avoided all those little additions to increase wyvern survivability
    (9)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    Poor choice of words considering the cirumstances. Keep in mind, Tanaka has been at the helm since the game launched, and it's been good enough that people have kept their subscriptions and kept playing all those ten years. The game isn't suddenly going to "get fun" with him gone.

As far as the system telling the difference between PCs, Pets, and NPCs... aren't they reworking core code? Maybe this is something they can look at when they're poking around in there?
    Or... just let it do whatever it's going to do. If this was done from the start, maybe we could have avoided all those little additions to increase wyvern survivability
    The game has always been fun, but fun in the sense that you are being whipped hard for months on end to receive a small bag of gold coins at the end of it and a well done. I have been addicted to this game since release, but the recent changes are making it a lot less of a ballache.
    (1)

Character
    Lienn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Than make it available to pets as well. In case you haven't noticed it's not easy keeping (for example) Wyverns alive.
    +1 for all pets getting buffs. IMO pets should be considered "party member" to all AoE spells (and targetable by other spells). This would also help, as example, pets using -ra spells too and even pet-pet interaction. Would be awesome a SMN/PUP being able to have soulsoother buff and heal the avatar.

If that's the case, add the option of actually inviting the pet to party and, by having them in party, giving access to any and all buffs that affect party members. ^^
    (1)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post
    the recent changes are making it a lot less of a ballache.
    Hate to break it to you... but those changes were still decided upon while Tanaka was still in charge.
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    If they were to unlock the ability for adventuring fellows to receive AoE buffs from (for example) avatars, it would allow for other pets to receive these buffs as well. Therefore, this currently can't be done.
    And the problem with that would be..... what now?
    (8)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

It would upset the balance of pet jobs being F**kawful for everything.
    (11)

Player
    Um... this can entirely be done.

You can cast party-only buffs (Regen/Refresh/Erase) on your adventuring fellow but you can't do it on a pet. This clearly means that even if it's tiny, there is a difference in coding between pets and fellows.

All they'd have to really do is copy that string of information to qualify for receiving a SMN's buffs.

Edit: And on that note, if for some reason the AoE nature is what would make the buff land on the pets and they couldn't change that: make it so specific pets have a resistance to the buff. "Hastega has no effect on Shiva," for example could be seen in the log.

It really just comes down to laziness of not wanting to explore the coding and making something new. That or finances, but seeing as how SE is a major company I don't foresee that as being an issue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Flyinghippress; 07-21-2012 at 05:12 AM.

NPC's can receive BRD Song effects too. Is anyone surprised the excuses are BS?

Then again, I may be jumping the gun, All those spells are casted from a PC, Maybe an NPC using said buff causes more of an issue than a direct PC buff. So I'll accept that answer.
    (5)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast