Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Please Consider Giving Dark Knights Escape

Seeing how Dark Knights are supposed to be masters of dark magic, would it be possible to learn escape? Its only a lvl 29 BLM spell, and considering how Dark Knights also have tractor, escape would be a nice addition to help spark us using more magic.
    (33)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Not a thing wrong with DRK getting Escape imo.

Going further, i'd see that request and raise it with giving DRK tier 1 Warp and up to tier 2 MAB as well. Give us something to spend all the MP from Entropy on.
    (11)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't see how this would hurt anything. Got my vote (Though I'd be more interested in seeing them get Warp).
    (8)

Character
    Carebear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't play DRK, but this makes all kinds of sense to me.

+1
    (7)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Sure, even as a BLM main I support DRKs getting Escape and/or Warp.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Player
    Unfortunately, Escape is not Dark Magic, it's Enhancing Magic. A job cannot cast a spell from a school of magic which they don't have any native skill in. Of course they could shift Escape, Warp and Warp II into Dark Magic; but as of current, Warp/WarpII/Escape are all Enhancing Magic like Teleport, Retrace and Recall (probably because spells which displace you and transport you elsewhere fall under the realm of Time/Space/Dimension spells which are more Enhancing-like. Dark Magic is more for tormenting foes and or stealing their attributes than transport).Sorry.
    (8)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 05-26-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    why doesn't drk want klimaform...that's darkmagic...
    (1)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    why doesn't drk want klimaform...that's darkmagic...
    Prolly sure there is some DRK out there that wants it. However i couldn't/wouldn't back that guy up should he choose to chime in, as Klimaform is SCH's AF1 quest reward and imo only SCH should ever get use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Unfortunately, Escape is not Dark Magic, it's Enhancing Magic. A job cannot cast a spell from a school of magic which they don't have any native skill in. Of course they could shift Escape, Warp and Warp II into Dark Magic; but as of current, Warp/WarpII/Escape are all Enhancing Magic like Teleport, Retrace and Recall (probably because spells which displace you and transport you elsewhere fall under the realm of Time/Space/Dimension spells which are more Enhancing-like. Dark Magic is more for tormenting foes and or stealing their attributes than transport).Sorry.
    Fair enough.

But an adjustment like the one the OP is asking for seems in line with something SE wouldn't be to loathe to do currently. Gives a low lvl ability to another job for flavor or whatnot while still leaving BLM the leader in the 'Dark' transportation spells.

Not to forget its also inline with the current hard-on SE has for DRK casting more. Would be nothing for SE to give DRK say a C rank in enhancing, which could open up a whole sub-niche for those DRKs that really want to cast.
    (4)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This sounds like a all right Idea to me, even if they are enhancing magic spell's, they benefit from nothing by having a higher skill in it, or any skill in it at all. Would be nice perk for large party's as well, would cut out having to swap out a BLM into a DD party for warp's at the end of a run. Which we see a lot of in Void watch content.
    (3)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why not just sub blm problem solved?
    (4)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast