Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks for your input.

I still don't see the down side to unlocking all of our spells and using points to select either job trait combinations or added stats from blue magical spells. However I do think it is ridiculous that we aren't allowed to wield all of our spells unless we are willing to fore go a restriction time to change a selection. But still, thanks for your opinion.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Blu would have access to about 50 different buffs 50 different debuffs, everything would be massively gimped to make up for having access to everything, you are supposed to pick your spells based on what is appropriate to the situation you are in. It would be highly unfair for Blu to have 6 different sleep spells an unlimited supply of nukes practically every buff in the game and them still be free to choose their job traits and stats. The only issue I have with spell setting is the minute timer on resetting spells even if you only change one, the timer should be based on how many spells you change so you get penalised for setting 20 new spells worse than for swapping 4 of them
    (2)

This is what got me thinking about this. Only needing to change one or two spells, either because of forgetfulness or changing target to a new mob, and suffering the restriction of casting time. Everyone is saying 'situation this and that', and I agree. In the new era of FFXI it seems, to me, like situations can change rapidly and would require a bit of flexibility, I felt the cool-down timer was restricting that.

While I would still like to be able to wield more spells (5 more slots/15 more points) I like the idea to adjust the timer for the amount of spells changed better.
    (1)
    Last edited by Bulrogg; 05-29-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Tornsoul
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You're better off asking for a job ability that bypasses the cool-down on spells once they are reconfigured. Honestly, I've been a blu since it came out. Giving us access to all of our spells all of the time would unbalance the game drastically. To compensate for this, most if not all of our spells would be nerfed to balance it out.

I agree that some times it gets annoying having to wait for spells to reset for things, but most groups bring multiple blu's to avoid this. Hell, the smarter ones even stall to give the blu time to reset their spells.

If anything, I love to be able to macro spell changes or sets instead of manually having to select them. This is especially true when using different units to play on. The spell order is not the same on each unit and reseting it would change the order on the preferred unit.

Also, the current reset time is perfect how it is. It forces you to double check to make sure you have everything right. If you could change a spell every five seconds, it would defeat the purpose of the timer altogether since the more popular spells have cool-down timers of over twelve seconds. Hate to say it, but the removal of the timer, or any adjustments to it is just a pipe-dream and should never happen. The restrictions have been there since day one, they're nothing new. If you haven't learned how to work with them, than perhaps there's another problem.

P.S. I think we have enough points now. I often have more than enough points and set spells I never use. Hell, even in abby, you only need to set about three spells depending on the day and mob. So there's not point in adding more points since it's nothing more than another attempt of getting around the reset timer.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2