Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Keep got mail notice to change password form SE account.

Every week i will got mail notice to change password at least 1 mail each week. sometime will happen get 2-3 mail per week.
    I really donno what is reason to keep notify on that.
    May i ask dev team to let's SEaccount Management allow us to set how sensitive on that notification? it's was very bother to change password every week or sometime every 3 days.
    (0)

huh? Sure it's not a fishing attempt to get you to click a link to a bogus site so they can get your log-in info? Don't recall ever getting harrassed by SE to change my password.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Greetings!

RAIST,

I have had that happen once, though with an account solely for FFXIV.
    I'm still unsure why, and it has not happened thereafter.

Sharnak,

I'm going to assume it has to do with several incorrect password entry attempts (perhaps different region log-ins, just a guess?), or the likes, though I never witnessed such happening with FFXI (or FFXIV for that matter; I had not been logging there at all when it happened that one time).

In any case, whatever account/billing related it is, one should use the SQUARE ENIX Support Center/Centre for these matters.

Best of luck!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 05-26-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Added one bit-dit-dot-wit-hit-miss(¿)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    RAIST,

I have had that happen once, though with an account solely for FFXIV.
    I'm still unsure why, and it has not happened thereafter.

Sharnak,

I'm going to assume it has to do with several incorrect password entry attempts (perhaps different region log-ins, just a guess?), or the likes, though I never witnessed such happening with FFXI (or FFXIV for that matter; I had not been logging there at all when it happened that one time).

In any case, whatever account/billing related it is, one should use the SQUARE ENIX Support Center/Centre for these matters.

Best of luck!
    Actually i very rarly input password in loging for ffxi, I just wonder it's happen many many time like this week i got 2 mail in row, and yes it's really come form SE not fishing. but i'm start to fear that if it's still keep happening. one day i will miss to do it on fishing site. since it's come to me too often.

SE please make some option about this! it's very bother some!
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ð

It definitely seems that something is amiss.

Assuming Windows OS, if you haven't yet, do run all possible anti-virus/malware checks for key-loggers and the likes. I would also strongly recommend contacting the Customer Service about this to see if they can figure out any other reasons why it could be happening all the time to you.

Only other thing besides key-loggers etc. that I can think of is a breach of the data-base itself, but there's been no news about such happening recently (other than the 'sticky' about Rise of Unauthorized Access and Password Security that has been up for months).

Good luck~
    (0)

Support Rep
    Hello Sharnak,

Are you referring to the Notification Regarding Login Restriction?

In which it states: "Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account."

If this is the case then either you or someone whom is trying to log into the account is triggering our automated system. Unfortunately we cannot discuss the details as to what may trigger the system but please note that if you have a security token, you will not receive a Login Restriction.

As this is an automated system there is no way for us to stop your account from getting flagged so just be aware of possible changes in your login environment which you believe could trigger this restriction.

Ultimately as long as the e-mail originated from "autoinfo_us@account.square-enix.com" then you do not need to worry about it being a phishing attempt.

Thanks!
    (0)
    Last edited by SE_Stephen; 06-23-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Just to add some thoughts if you are still experiencing this: If your IP is changing often (some ISPs will have your IP changing sometimes possibly as often as every new connection), or use different computers a lot (different MAC address), this may or may not be related to the issue.

It perhaps cannot be discussed in detail, but the automated system has to detect it somehow. It is unfortunate is if it is really this easy to trigger, however.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-19-2012 at 07:45 AM.