Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Allow pet to participate in skillchians

I know it's been hashed out before, but I believe it's worth another look. SE, can you please look into allowing pet tp moves to participate in a skillchain?

k, thks
    (3)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yep, here's my original thread on it:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ght=skillchain

It would be very very cool, very very fun, and I believe the only thing from SE was that it would be a challenge to implement... but really if the individual ready moves our pets have are already different from the abilities the actual mobs have... it shouldn't be much of a stretch to give those unique moves skillchain properties. that woudl help alot to balance how generally weak all the dd ready moves are.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Since most the moves are learned by BLU to skillchain it really shouldn't be that big of an issue.
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We can't have this because it is too awesome and we are not allowed to have nice things.
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    We can't have this because it is too awesome and we are not allowed to have nice things.
    Now, now, that's not true. We got Ruinator. That's a really awesome WS. We also received several very awesome pets in recent years also. And the roadmaps points to more potentially cool pets in the future. The Killer Instinct duration/recast adjustment was 100% Win. The special effect on killer traits from Ferine Gausape is awesome.

Skillchain-ing w/ pets would trump most of those in the awesome department though. Ready moves are mostly weak in the dd department, but using it to open a skillchain would be fantastic!

This and just more jug pets w/ unique traits/abilities would be about the only things I would want for BST. (restore yuly's th3 also)
    (3)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Of the new pets they've nerfed the most used one's main function, (directly after releasing it even. Hilarious!) Run Wild is terrible, and the road map is subject to be riddled with cancer at any moment. I'll give you Ruinator, but the simplest changes to our job are still being refused for stupid reasons. Stop trying to shine a pile of shit, sir.
    (0)
    Last edited by Caketime; 05-29-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Of the new pets they've nerfed the most used one's main function, (directly after releasing it even. Hilarious!) Run Wild is terrible, and the road map is subject to be riddled with cancer at any moment. I'll give you Ruinator, but the simplest changes to our job are still being refused for stupid reasons. Stop trying to shine a pile of shit, sir.
    not shining anything. although, as an aside, mythbusters did prove it possible...

It's simple fact the changes that have been made to bst over that last few years:

Positives:
    Ruinator
    Killer Instinct Adjustments
    New Jug Pets (most new pets are really great)
    Pet Food adjustments

Negatives:
    Pet TH nerf (I don't agree with this at all, the reasoning posed by SE does not make sense. I think it was a poor choice)
    some mediocrity (run wild, a few of the pets)
    Lack of practical use of charm, tame, gauge

Don't be such a downer. Most downer's on these forums fall into to 1 of 2 categories:

1) completely negative about everything so they wouldn't know the positive if it slapped them in the face.

2) Shameless opportunists willing to emphasize only the negative in order to create a false sense of entitlement, hoping to get some 'concession' from SE.

I simply do not agree. The relationship between SE and players is not democratic or equal. There is nothing owed to the other. At the base of it, it is a financial transaction. A purchase of goods and services. There certainly is a mutual interest (hence these forums) but whining and complaining about how bad something is, is false, short-sighted and counter-productive.

On the other had, forming a skillchain between pet ready moves and weaponskills would be really fantastic. It would be alot of fun, enhance balance imo, and provide another level of strategic use of pets.

BST is in pretty good shape as a job right now. None of the huge drawbacks of level 75 are present now. A few tweaks here and there would be nice.
    (2)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    These forums were opened for feedback, but how dare I give any unless it's completely positive, amirite? Thanks for categorizing me by the way, I like it when people I don't know from Adam analyze me based on some negative posts. There are things I enjoy about this game or I wouldn't play, and BST is by far my favorite job but it has problems that need fixin' and the development decisions we keep seeing are not addressing any of our functionality issues. On top of that our community rep can't get his facts right and the arguments he uses to justify the command decisions are based on aforementioned faux bits of information. So yes I'm a bit of a downer, but only because I keep seeing the developers contradict themselves or outright lie to us about things, or hand us shitty abilities like Run Wild and Spur.

Falcorr was a massive bone for us, but then smash went the nerf bat. I'd love to see SCs with pet Ready moves, but it's a cool idea and you know what happens to those around here.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    These forums were opened for feedback, but how dare I give any unless it's completely positive, amirite?
    notrite. you jumped on my case for being positive, when I pointed out that it hasn't been all bad, and in fact they've done alot of things very right. I completely acknowledge the bst items which are mediocre or poorly done. I've enumerated them.

Thanks for categorizing me by the way, I like it when people I don't know from Adam analyze me based on some negative posts.
    You are welcome! I actually provided a few general categories and left it open for to you choose if you belong to one or not.
    Stop a think about it a bit more. The only way for someone not to categorize you is if you completely do not exist to them. Categorization is a basic form of acknowledgement which all ppl must do. You categorize ppl whenever you walk down the street and see another human. It is required behavior for good survival/situational awareness. The problems w/ categorization is when someone is completely inflexible. i.e. Once they find a box they can shove you in, that is where you belong as far as they are concerned. I am very willing to re-access any preliminary determination when new information becomes available. The only judgment I've made is that YOU'RE BEING PESSIMISTIC IN THIS THREAD!

There are things I enjoy about this game or I wouldn't play, and BST is by far my favorite job but it has problems that need fixin' and the development decisions we keep seeing are not addressing any of our functionality issues. On top of that our community rep can't get his facts right and the arguments he uses to justify the command decisions are based on aforementioned faux bits of information. So yes I'm a bit of a downer, but only because I keep seeing the developers contradict themselves or outright lie to us about things, or hand us shitty abilities like Run Wild and Spur.

Falcorr was a massive bone for us, but then smash went the nerf bat. I'd love to see SCs with pet Ready moves, but it's a cool idea and you know what happens to those around here.
    Run Wild and Spur are useful abilities. I like Spur better than Run Wild. they are kinda medicre, but they have their uses. I use spur often when I know I'll want ready moves faster. Run wild is only situationially useful when your pet is going to die and you need to eek out a few more moments of tanking.

These aren't bad at all, they just aren't that great either. Are they no good and not worth mention at all because they are not as big a change as increasing zeta pet food from ~500hp to ~1200 hp restored for pet? Does each improvement need to dwarf its predecessors in scale and impact? ... I think not.

Look at all the new abilities we've gotten by means of ready moves:

Snow cloud
    Wild Carrot
    Blaster
    Corrosive Ooze
    Purulent Ooze
    Aqua Breath
    Tortoise Stomp
    Hardened Shell
    Fantod
    Jetatura
    Choke Breath
    Acid Mist
    Spiral Spin
    Noisome Powder

these are only the new ones I consider uniquely useful. How about all the abilities which have been restored by getting higher level versions of pets. AoE light and dark based Sleep and Dispel, Paralyze, Slow. How about all the cool traits? we actually got treasure hunter and an awesome Eva tanking pet!

There certainly have been a few disappointments. the most disappointing was when the Nerfed th on yuly and falcorr. you are completely right, that the explanation provided does not hold water.

I'm not stupidly looking at the positive to ignore the bad. The good just outweighs it by a landslide. I think you are seeing a cockroach in your icecream and saying the icecream was all bad to begin with.

Instead of thinking there is no way we would get pet skillchains, what kind of skill chains would you want to do w/ a pet?
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Aww, my post got eaten.

Anyway, I'm not knocking the Ready moves, those are nice. I just don't feel Run Wild is worth it most of the time and I don't see Spur doing much to improve my pet's TP rate. It does stuff, but it's kind of blah. I feel very blah on BST since 75+ cap in the job abilities department.

Negative Nancy statements aside, I'd be excited to see any skillchains with pets, any enhanced interaction with them would be great. That's one of the things that got me so excited when Ready was implemented, it allowed us to interact with our pets much more directly than before and I'd like to see more of that. Skillchains seem a natural progression of that and I don't even care if we can't make Light or whatever, I'd just like to see more interaction between master and pet.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast