Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So I got the convocaller not too long ago, Ive been running around and seeing what just 7 levels will do for the avatar in abyssea. i gotta say a lot. I fought turul once again, this time i never resummoned garuda but i did use a healing salve 1. not sure if i needed it.

So far i have fought:

ABY-K: Turul [G], Balaur [G], Tonberry Liege [G]
    ABY-T: Iratham [I] (multiple times for +2 leg item)
    ABY-M: Hrosshvalur [R] (i still hate this NM), Iku-Turso [R], Sedna [R]
    ABY-U: Awahondo [R]

All of em /whm and using rr dg mm Avatars initial in brackets

Before any ask: No i dont have a Delve shell and i don't care for delve PUGs, so ill deal w/ just a convocaller
    (0)

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm glad to see the Convocaller is offering noticeable boosts! We may be able to find ourselves using slightly more offense oriented Atmas on some NMs now.

I haven't had too much call to do anything serious in Abyssea recently, but I was doing some goofing off with Garuda after picking up the Delve Sash. I was able to shred both the Iron Giant and the Marid NMs in Vunkerl using nothing but DD atmas - RR, Voracious Violet, and Sanguine Scythe. It was a slaughter. Predator Claws was regularly hitting as high as 8k, with the lows a "mere" 5k. I used maybe 2 Whispering Winds on the Giant. On the Marid I just laughed. In retrospect, there may have been a slightly maniacal tinge to it...

I think I may have to revisit my attempt at a Dragua solo now...

For anyone interested in acquiring the Delve sash, but can't (or won't) get into a PUG farming run:

I've found that if I hang around in Morimar near where the Matamata is spawned, farming mobs for xp and shards/rocks to sell, I'll often run into small groups showing up to kill said NM 4-5 times. Usually, if you offer to work at killing mobs for more shards to spawn the NM, these groups will let you join up for the 500 Plasm when the NM dies.

It's not much, but it adds up. At the very least, you'll be earning XP, skillups, and snagging delve pop/entry items you can sell on the AH for decent cash in the mean time.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mokeil; 07-24-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Tone

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've recently picked up a Convocaller and looking forward to trying out some more of these NMs! So far I've only had a chance to use it on Funereal Apkallu (not the most dangerous of NMs I know :-) ) but the un-scientific results were encoraging. In full defensive atma setup (MM, DG, MC) it barely touched Garuda; pulled it away from any links and Predator Clawed it to bits.

Next I think I'll go back and try Turul again - that was more touch and go pre-Convocaller with multiple re-summons, so it'll be interesting to see the difference.

Art.
    (0)
    Last edited by Artharian; 07-25-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Determined to put the Dash Sash through its paces, I sought out my old nemesis, Dragua, today. It went far better than I expected! What was once a desperate attempt to stall while bleeding out MP became a tense, but ultimately easy fight.

Hazhdiha - Abyssea Altepa
    Avatar: Leviathan, but switched to Garuda half-way through.
    BPs of Note: Lvl 70 Rages.
    Atmas: Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, Razed Ruins.
    Notes: The feeder NM for Dragua. Laughably easy. I'd probably do this one again with pure DD atmas set. Started with Leviathan, because this NM can do fire spikes. As noted above, switched to Garuda half way through the fight to speed things up.

Dragua - Abyssea Altepa
    Avatar: Garuda, for the earth resistance
    BPs of Note: P. Claws and Whispering Wind
    Atmas: Mounted Champion, Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn
    Notes: Emboldened by my easy win on the feed-in NM, I went a bit more offensive than I had originally intended. It was a good move, I think. After pulling the NM off to a safe area, I was able to take it down without much trouble.

I was able to use the same avatar for the duration of the fight, with MC taking care of most of the healing needs. However, every now and then Dragua managed to punch a Stoneja through, taking nearly half of Garuda's HP, so the occasional Whispering Winds was needed. Garuda seemed to have more or less capped Evasion, so regular melee hits were rarely even a factor. Every now and then Garuda also got hit with the occasional en-petrify, though it always wore off quickly each time.

Overall, the fight took between 15 and 20 minutes. As is my usual M.O. I went /sch for the RR and better Stoneskin, and for the first time in a long time I found my MP sorely pushed to the limit. I ended the fight with 300-ish MP, starting from 2,600 (and riding sublimation the whole way). Given I was able to use the same avatar the whole way with 0 hate problems, I'll likely go /rdm for convert on any future kills.
    (2)

Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My latest Adventure

Fuath: I officially hate this NM

Garuda: RR,MM, DG P.Claws

she definitely has high magic acc. Everything except Stonega III and Aeroga III were landin full force @ 500+ damage.
    The move to watch out for is Cyclonic Blight. Its range was just short of giving command's range so i got caught in a few times and it hurt. 1780 hp to 143 , if it didnt one shot.

other than that she hit fast and for 20-40 damage on garuda
    Lethe arrows landing on garuda at wrong time made things a bit hairy Because of amnesia.
    pulling her from the pack of pixies is annoying too.

Took about 45 mins to kill
    (1)
    Last edited by Archades; 07-27-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Time for kill

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12