1) You say some of those Visions NMs shouldn't be listed, but don't assert you could duo all of them as WHM + tank @ 80. For the reasons I cited as well as the others Sparthosx and Luvbunny subsequently cited, I'm calling shenanigans and I'm done addressing the issue so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Even if true, any individual anecdotes of a WHM + tank spending hours whittling those mobs down does nothing to serve your larger argument.
2) Organizing PUGs sucks up no less time idling in PJ. That is in fact what I meant by idling, /shouting endlessly or waiting endlessly for people to gather. I do it myself for certain mobs I do outside of events. Pressing /yell for the thirtieth time in order to get that event mobilized is neither glamorous, efficient, or a justification for not doing things with a more permanent large group.
3) Never said one monster is the justification for EGLS. I made an exhaustive list of events and benefits about two pages ago. Not all of them are the exclusive province of EGLS's, nor did I ever claim they were.
4) VW doesn't "kill" EGLS's when it comes to fights like upper-tier NM's and Prov Watcher inasmuch as PUG success rate can be spotty for mobs like Kalasu/Morta/Bismarck/Ig-Alima/Fjalar/Ildebrann/Aello (the latter two before cap raise obviously); you can gift/govern in PW instead of having people fight over freelot drops; and people in EGLS are getting point benefits attending mobs they don't necessarily need anything from that they turn around and spend on stuff they do need (e.g., Umbral Marrow).
5) Re: WoE: Nobody lost a drop from leeches entering and lotting on gear, as the shell would just cast lots until they outlotted any leechers. Gift/govern was covered already. Your statement about most of the rewards being "dogshit" does nothing to advance the argument since I freely admitted that only 20% of the drops were useful. I freely admit only 20% of the drops in Voidwatch and Legion are useful too. What's the difference? In any event, we didn't live in WoE. People capped their shit and we moved on, relegating it to a more occasional thing. Not everything could be bought on the AH to the extent it is today, and the zone lay dead more often than not during NA primetime. If you want an example, for almost eight months people on Lakshmi didn't touch the Turtle flux and its drops went unsold on the AH. Your mileage may, of course, vary.
6) Re: VW: Don't need capped lights for some of the more common drops. Yes, capped out people on non-ra/ex VW drops first month since by your own admission most were shit anyway and the demand was easily met. The event didn't do far worse than harm for a LS once everyone was able to pop and farm T4 cities, so I'm not sure where you are going with that. If you want to talk about more harm, I could raise the fact that most people in PUGs couldn't be arsed with getting their temp item KIs in the beginning. Your statement about 1 stone per day being the driving reason why PUGs didn't adopt the event early is misleading at best, and inaccurate at worst, for the reasons Luvbunny stated. Moreover, before 2012 when people started capping their Voidwatch gear needs, there remained no compelling reason to /toss a linkpearl when LS runs supplemented PUG runs for those rarest of rare drops.
7) My "whole argument" is a response to your argument, nothing more. YOU are the one trying to argue from past circumstantial evidence that for the last 2-3 years EGLS weren't needed. I already provided my affirmative argument a couple pages ago for what EGLS's do in 2012. Now you have me arguing for their benefit in 2010-2011, which is wasting both our time and subjecting the people in this thread to armchair recollection. I don't like repeating myself nor answering to strawman points. In the end, some people have different playstyles and don't feel the need to "lowman all teh thingz" or spend hours standing around on ceremony. Some people like to log on during a preset time, run with the same group of people, accomplish shit, and then log off.
Anything else or shall we get back to the topic of this thread?