Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rumor: If THF dies you must re-apply Treasure Hunter.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Rumor: If THF dies you must re-apply Treasure Hunter.
    Untrue. I've also had the SSR boss go Idle (but not regen due to Dia II) and not lose TH.

TH8 + Dia II -> Brainjacked myself and my mule -> TH9 on the re-engaging SA.
    (3)

Character
    Arukia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Does TH apply as long as thf is in exp range? or do they need to hit at least once on the mob?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Everyone I speak to keeps saying how they've heard that you have to get a TH proc, or there is no TH on it. Anyone have any idea where this rumour came from? or is it just a case of the stupid POIDH attitude, so people don't believe that there's any TH on a mob if they don't see it with their own eyes?
    Pretty much already answered there, but yeah, this is just not true, and for the unbelievers it should be easy to confirm themselves if they do something like this:
    • Use whatever action on a monster (attack it, use a job ability, what ever) with gear that enhances Treasure Hunter equipped, such as the Thief's Knife.
    • Remove Thief's Knife and continue attacking until the additional effect activates.
    • Make note of the Treasure Hunter level.
    As for where it came from, well, where do rumours usually come from? ^^;

Even the SqEX staff have confirmed that a Thief need only act upon a target, be it auto-attack or a job ability to have the effect applied.

Personally I have my hands and feet in my pull macro so I hit (or miss) with ranged attack, then swap out my TH gear, and obviously each proc thereafter is always 7 (no knife/atma/kupower), 8 (1 of knife/atma/kupower) or 9 (knife and either atma or kupower), even though the TH gear is not equipped.
    Indeed, the level is 'set' to the highest current level with the gear and traits, from where we get to:

The other thing I hear is that if you have multiple THFs, 1 wearing TH7, the others not, if the other THFs get first proc it can be less than 7. The way I understand TH to work, this can't happen. Thoughts?
    The highest will prevail, so when the enhancement activates, it should be 8 in that case.

Arukia,

See above. ^^

I do believe they will additionally need to stay within the range to receive Experience Points though I have not personally tested that.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Wow, does that hold for all/most additional effects? This is my first time hearing it.

Personally I believe that is absolute bs depending on the additional effect in question. For instance weapons with white magic effects like silence and paralyze seem to proc more with increases to your MND stat and stuff like hp/mp drain seemed to proc more with increases to INT. For other effects I dont know but i highly doubt delay is a factor in any case. At least this has been my experience when using foods and equipment that boost those stats and additional effect weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Esvedium
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arukia View Post
    Does TH apply as long as thf is in exp range? or do they need to hit at least once on the mob?
    The THF must perform an action against the mob to get TH on it. Being in range isn't good enough.
    (0)
    Convictions are a more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne View Post
    Personally I believe that is absolute bs depending on the additional effect in question. For instance weapons with white magic effects like silence and paralyze seem to proc more with increases to your MND stat and stuff like hp/mp drain seemed to proc more with increases to INT. For other effects I dont know but i highly doubt delay is a factor in any case. At least this has been my experience when using foods and equipment that boost those stats and additional effect weapons.
    Please post your testing of this, or stop blowing hot air
    (2)

Player
    Soloing in Dyna every day on THF I noticed its way more difficult to proc TH 8 from TH7 than it is to proc TH 4 from TH3. TH4 from TH3 happens in the first few attack rounds on THF but if I pull with all my TH gear on i very rarely see an upgrade from TH7 to TH8. I think the higher the TH is, the lower the chance of upgrading.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Soloing in Dyna every day on THF I noticed its way more difficult to proc TH 8 from TH7 than it is to proc TH 4 from TH3. TH4 from TH3 happens in the first few attack rounds on THF but if I pull with all my TH gear on i very rarely see an upgrade from TH7 to TH8. I think the higher the TH is, the lower the chance of upgrading.
    It could've been something of a random occurance, but my most successful day in Dynamis was the day before Conquest tally when I had my TH gloves in for upgrading. Down to only TH on the boots, I got more Forgottens and over-all currency during that one day of TH4 in Dynamis than I have any time since then as I move up to TH6.

Also I have a rumor to contribute. Certain TH levels have a negative effect. Seriously, whenever I hit TH8 in Dynamis even with a stagger, I typically receive 1 piece of currency.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Was farming HQ organs in sea last night; every TH5+ gave no drops; went 18 mobs straight without a drop of any kind (to include crystals <.<)
    (0)

If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast