Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TH activation rumour

Everyone I speak to keeps saying how they've heard that you have to get a TH proc, or there is no TH on it. Anyone have any idea where this rumour came from? or is it just a case of the stupid POIDH attitude, so people don't believe that there's any TH on a mob if they don't see it with their own eyes?

Personally I have my hands and feet in my pull macro so I hit (or miss) with ranged attack, then swap out my TH gear, and obviously each proc thereafter is always 7 (no knife/atma/kupower), 8 (1 of knife/atma/kupower) or 9 (knife and either atma or kupower), even though the TH gear is not equipped.

The other thing I hear is that if you have multiple THFs, 1 wearing TH7, the others not, if the other THFs get first proc it can be less than 7. The way I understand TH to work, this can't happen. Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    No, they're dumb.

Here are some rumors about TH that are unfortunately more likely to be accurate:
    1) TH can only activate on the first hit of an attack round.
    2) The odds of TH proccing are proportional to your current TH level (in gear/traits) and the next TH level. So someone with TH7 in gear will upgrade to TH8 at approximately the same rate that someone with TH4 in gear will upgrade to TH5.
    3) The upgrade rate decreases as you get to a higher and higher TH level. So someone with TH4 in gear will have a harder time going from TH5 to TH6 than from TH4 to TH5.

1+2+3) In order to have the maximum upgrade rate, you need to TP in TH gear singlewielding TK.

I prefer your rumors to mine, unfortunately. GL Thieves!
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    1+2+3) In order to have the maximum upgrade rate, you need to TP in TH gear singlewielding TK.
    This is not good news >.>

Alternatively TPing in a 150 delay dagger and shield would also increase chances, since you'll get more attack rounds.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Additional Effect proc rates are proportional to weapon delay (before Haste?), so it's unclear that your delay actually matters.

I still have no idea how new Feint works, lol.
    (0)

Player
    This also unlocks a special animation. Rather than stabbing the monster, one's character will furiously flail on it with balled hands while screaming "Why, God?! Why is this?! WHY?!" over and over. After defeating each monster, the character will fall to his or her knees and howl obscenities at an indifferent sky.

On the bright side, much like taking comfort in nihilism while setting someone's car on fire, it's comforting to know that Treasure Hunter upgrades have almost no effect.
    (9)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    No, they're dumb.

Here are some rumors about TH that are unfortunately more likely to be accurate:
    1) TH can only activate on the first hit of an attack round.
    2) The odds of TH proccing are proportional to your current TH level (in gear/traits) and the next TH level. So someone with TH7 in gear will upgrade to TH8 at approximately the same rate that someone with TH4 in gear will upgrade to TH5.
    3) The upgrade rate decreases as you get to a higher and higher TH level. So someone with TH4 in gear will have a harder time going from TH5 to TH6 than from TH4 to TH5.

I prefer your rumors to mine, unfortunately. GL Thieves!
    4) Damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait.

1+2+3+4, SA TA in TH gear.(less loss than full mele)

question about SA TA TH proc bonus is: does it stack?
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Additional Effect proc rates are proportional to weapon delay (before Haste?), so it's unclear that your delay actually matters.
    Wow, does that hold for all/most additional effects? This is my first time hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    4) Damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait.
    This is not a rumor, though. It's been confirmed by SE.

Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    question about SA TA TH proc bonus is: does it stack?
    Good question. I may do some testing for that.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Wow, does that hold for all/most additional effects? This is my first time hearing it.
    It's true for the entire line of Magian weapons with additional effects, at the very least. I think someone looking at parses from a handful of those is how such a correlation was originally discovered, actually, although I may be remembering incorrectly and that was just the first I heard of it.

The mechanic is not confirmed for every additional effect in Final Fantasy XI and there are probably some outliers such as Twilight Scythe, but it has shown up often enough to be a safe enough bet when dealing with a "sometimes" additional effect.

That's pretty much all I know. I'd like to hear more about this, too, actually.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You forgot the biggest rumor of all. The fact that TH above level 3 or 4 is next to useless anyway in terms of impact on drop rates so don't fret about TH procs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Delay certainly has an effect on drain sambas. Less HP drained with less delay. Never really paid any attention to random proc effects though.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast