Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    It really should be stronger but wtf is with all of this nonsense about using one of your two initial stratagems to Protect V your own party?

If you are doing that then you might as well hit your Protectra IV macro to save yourself some time, MP, and a stratagem.
    What exactly are you saving this strategem for (which is regained in 30sec)? You use this strategem at the same time your BRDs/CORs are rotating. Nothing is going to require two strategem uses within the first 30sec of a fight... so just use it like it's meant to be used.

Also, you're not saving any time because this is pre-start, and you're not saving any MP because you refresh to full on VW start... or you auto-refresh/refresh-effect it back over time. Really, are you trying to say that "Protect"-ing your party is a waste of MP?

(1)
    Last edited by Llana_Virren; 06-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Really, are you trying to say that "Protect"-ing your party is a waste of MP?
    I don't know about what that person is trying to say, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Accession Protect V is really worth the extra MP over a Protectra IV even
    Accession Protect V over Protectra IV is a waste of MP. The only time you should do it is if you are willing to waste MP for something that is useless.
    (1)

Llana_Virren, Accession triples your MP cost. The only time I don't think it would matter is at the start of Voidwatch because all MP is replenished. But after that, and during other events, its a wasteful move.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I don't know about what that person is trying to say, but yes.

Accession Protect V over Protectra IV is a waste of MP. The only time you should do it is if you are willing to waste MP for something that is useless.
    That is what I just said, so I'm pretty sure you understand.
    "...you might as well hit your Protectra IV macro to save yourself some time, MP, and a stratagem."
    (0)
    Last edited by InsideOut; 06-13-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you-re not doing VW, or you're the only WHM in your alliance (the latter of the two makes me nervous) then I can understand the concern over MP cost... to a point. When you have over 1300MP you have the time to restore whatever MP is lost on buffs... now if we're talking "oh crap he dispellga'd all our buffs" then obviously I wouldn't suggest a WHM run into the thick of the battle to Shellra V, Accession, Protect V... mp be damned, that's more time in the killzone.

But we weren't talking about the MP cost (although in many circumstances it can be an issue). The crux of the issue was merits in Protectra V being crap being SE borked merits, making Protectra V merits less-than-useful. Yes, 1 merit is less useful in Protectra V than 5/5 Devotion is.

I understand the valid point you're making that (some) circumstances do not justify the cost of Accession>Protect V; but the original remarks were with regards to merits on Protectra V.

Again, not considering the crazy circumstances of:
    1. Only 1 WHM in alliance;
    2. Recasting Pro/Shell mid-fight; or
    3. Not having enough time between buff and fight start (which... unless you're in a wierd battlefield like NI, you should always have time),
    then Accession>Protect V will be more useful than merits in Protectra V.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Again, not considering the crazy circumstances of:
    1. Only 1 WHM in alliance;
    2. Recasting Pro/Shell mid-fight; or
    3. Not having enough time between buff and fight start (which... unless you're in a wierd battlefield like NI, you should always have time),
    then Accession>Protect V will be more useful than merits in Protectra V.
    (2)

Hey everyone!

We reviewed your feedback and we are considering adjustments so that the effect of Protect becomes stronger in the future. The benefits of the current Protectra V feel low because the upgrades are based on a static value. One direction we are exploring is to make the defense increase based on a percentage rather than a static amount. Thank you for the suggestions and please keep them coming.
    (20)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    The benefits of the current Protectra V feel low because the upgrades are based on a static value. One direction we are exploring is to make the defense increase based on a percentage rather than a static amount.
    Change it to have some inherent -PDT% and you've got an even better quick fix.

Protect(ra) X = -2X% PDT
    Merits = -1% PDT/merit
    Cleric duckbills +2 = -1%PDT/merit
    (9)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I cannot believe our voices have finally been heard! Please keep us updated, Okiput!
    (2)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    If that gif is any indication of how your WHM looks at his/her keyboard while you're all dying, then I can understand your concern for miniscule MP values. Aside from that, thank you for justifying my argument.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Hey everyone!

We reviewed your feedback and we are considering adjustments so that the effect of Protect becomes stronger in the future. The benefits of the current Protectra V feel low because the upgrades are based on a static value. One direction we are exploring is to make the defense increase based on a percentage rather than a static amount. Thank you for the suggestions and please keep them coming.
    Wow, I have to be honest, when I started this thread I was just in a rage of red mist when I saw how ridiculous the augment on the relic +2 feet was, and never for 1 moment thought that it would get a response. Thanks for the reply and I hope that if SE does decide to make the merits of protect work on a % instead, that the augment on the feet will at least add in some -% Damage Taken, rather than adding more defense.
    (2)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast