Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    So we're lowering the number of jobs devotion is used on to drk (since you said pld won't need it and its unlikely the blu will be in the same pt as the whm).

Also I love how we skipped over the major point of my post that devotion is rarely used and does not need to be 5/5'd, which must be true since all we can talk about is a hypothetical situation in an event that is hardly ever done. Truth of the matter is the only merit that really matters is 5/5 shellra V.
    I use it as soon as the need arises. Will this be exactly in 10 minute intervals? Maybe, maybe not. It would depend on what I'm doing.

The issue (and the argument which was presented) is that Shellra V and Devotion are the only things in that category of any benefit to merit, not that Devotion is somehow vital to the effort.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Then you effectively only have 9 tier II merits for WHM. People are taking the exact same amount of damage. At least Devotion does something.
    When low-manning NMs in abyssea for grellow, the BLM/BRD will be very thankful of devotion, especially if you're fighting a mob that can't be aspir'd.

When you get really unlucky on procs on a VWNM like Pil and can't get your temps back, everyone's going to get short of MP.

Like Llana said, this isn't about how necessary Devotion is, it's about how ridiculously stupid and under-powered protectra 5 is! It should have a boost of at least 15 IMO to the base def before merits for it to even be worth 1/5.
    (1)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    When low-manning NMs in abyssea for grellow, the BLM/BRD will be very thankful of devotion, especially if you're fighting a mob that can't be aspir'd.
    If your blm is /brd (which is fine) they should be there for procs and gear their atmas appropriately. Don't really see how the blm is dying for mp with up to 20tic atma refresh as well as all of the other ways to restore mp. If this is such a big deal I guess all whms should /rdm now just for refresh to give +600mp every 10 mins when the need arises.

When you get really unlucky on procs on a VWNM like Pil and can't get your temps back, everyone's going to get short of MP.
    I don't know how you run out of mp in voidwatch. 2 lucid ether IIs (500mp each), 1 lucid ether III(1000mp ), 2 mana powders, and a mana mist EVERY hq proc. devotion wouldn't really help in this situation anyway since it's party only and giving the drk mp doesn't usually life or death and the blu and blm are in the mage pt.
    (0)

Character
    Esvedium
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    In this warped game you'd be laughed out of a party if you didn't do one merit in Protectra V and cast Protectra IV instead.
    I'd laugh at someone if they cast Protectra5 instead of -ra4 or ascension prot5. There is never a reason for protectra5.
    (3)
    Convictions are a more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The solution is -1-2% pdt per extra merit in Tectra5 and -0.5% pdt per merit added with the augmented feet. 99% of ffxi problems are solved with 2 seconds of rational thought.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    The solution is -1-2% pdt per extra merit in Tectra5 and -0.5% pdt per merit added with the augmented feet. 99% of ffxi problems are solved with 2 seconds of rational thought.
    This is pretty much what I said in the OP^^
    (2)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is pretty much what I said in the OP^^
    Yar, I agree with the pdt idea and have been saying that for years. I think they should give people a reason without the augmented feet to put more than one merit in so most of the pdt should be from the extra merits and a little more from the augment. Just like shell v.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Unfortunately, that's common sense.
    (2)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    So true, Mjollnir + STR Club + Realm is epicness.
    We mathed it out and Kraken club comes out waaaaaayyy ahead of STR club, just for reference. I was surprised myself.
    (2)

It really should be stronger but wtf is with all of this nonsense about using one of your two initial stratagems to Protect V your own party?

If you are doing that then you might as well hit your Protectra IV macro to save yourself some time, MP, and a stratagem.
    (2)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast