Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    It just looks stupid to cast Protectra IV and Shellra V. And it doesn't chain you to /SCH either.
    I actually feel stupid because I felt the same way as you until 3 days ago when I saw how little difference there is between pro 4 and 5. I had always assumed that if pro4 was 65, pro5 MUST be 90~100 def to make it worthwhile.

Now that I know, I'll never complain at a pro 4 again.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I put one merit in Protectra V because of balance. It just looks stupid to cast Protectra IV and Shellra V. And it doesn't chain you to /SCH either.
    Then you effectively only have 9 tier II merits for WHM. People are taking the exact same amount of damage. At least Devotion does something.

As for "never use it" speak for yourself, I love having a WHM with devotion. I frequently play DRK and love that they can completely restore my MP whenever I've run out. Also enjoy it when I'm playing BLU.

Martyr seems pointless now that they've adjusted healing skill on cures. It's a free Cure 3.5 basically, not really worth a merit slot. I went 5/5 Shellra V 5/5 Devotion.

Also /SCH is the best SJ for whm. /BLM has a use for stun / d2 should your event need it, but otherwise you should be glued to /SCH. LA and accession is amazing, DA Drain / Aspir is also amazing. So if you feel "chained" to /SCH then find a different job to play.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Then you effectively only have 9 tier II merits for WHM. People are taking the exact same amount of damage. At least Devotion does something.

As for "never use it" speak for yourself, I love having a WHM with devotion. I frequently play DRK and love that they can completely restore my MP whenever I've run out. Also enjoy it when I'm playing BLU.

Martyr seems pointless now that they've adjusted healing skill on cures. It's a free Cure 3.5 basically, not really worth a merit slot. I went 5/5 Shellra V 5/5 Devotion.

Also /SCH is the best SJ for whm. /BLM has a use for stun / d2 should your event need it, but otherwise you should be glued to /SCH. LA and accession is amazing, DA Drain / Aspir is also amazing. So if you feel "chained" to /SCH then find a different job to play.
    I haven't used devotion seriously in the longest time. It's usually used on the blm casting d2 for lols. Drk and blu won't be running out of mp in voidwatch and I haven't seen too many problems for blu in abyssea. Whm isn't invited to Nyzul Uncharted so thats out (funny because drk and blu are invited to that). If / when people start doing legion gl getting your whm to run up to you in AoE range, stop curing, devotion you and then run back. Don't act like devotion is some amazing merit. you can already get high numbers now with just 3/5 merits by increasing your hp or getting the augmented relic hat. Whm's only must merit skill is shellra V, The rest are eh.

As for the subjobs, sch is not the only one. Both /rdm and /sch (or even /blm in vw and abyssea) you won't run out of mp, So it just comes down to the situation. The main benefits of /sch are B+ enhancing and accession which is why it is my exclusive voidwatch sub. DA drain / aspir really shouldn't be the reason you sub sch.

In abyssea sometimes I /rdm for phalanx and mabII (catacleaving) or blind and unaddendumed dispel and as you've already said sometimes people /blm for easy travel and stun. In abyssea I don't find accession that useful with a small party. The small amount of +barspell or boost from B+ enhancing isn't really noticeable either. So while sch is very nice it's not the only subjob.
    (0)

/BLM has a use for stun / Escape should your event need it
    No event 'needs' D2. Exp comes so freely now, even death warp is the norm if a person has forgotten a warp scroll, warp cudgel, treat staff 2, maat's cap, duchal earring, tav ring, or whatever other warp items are available in this game now to carry.
    Spamming Sky/Sea still does gain a significant benefit from escape though. It's just not all that popular any more.

Other than that i agree with what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    If / when people start doing legion gl getting your whm to run up to you in AoE range, stop curing, devotion you and then run back.
    Or you could always run to the WHM and wait until they have a free second to hit you with devotion. After all, if you need the MP that badly (to cure yourself/Stun/Significantly increase damage), you're better off out of range of AOEs and not feeding TP.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The MP restoration is between fights not during. I get it during Abyssea / Dyna and whenever I'm screwing around doing whatever. Dyna is mostly from the WHM dual box healer, either mine or one of my partners. Abysea is because I'm not wasting an atma slot on a refresh atma.
    (1)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Also /SCH is the best SJ for whm.
    Saevel, you're wrong so often it hurts. /NIN is the best SJ for WHM.
    (3)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The MP restoration is between fights not during. I get it during Abyssea / Dyna and whenever I'm screwing around doing whatever. Dyna is mostly from the WHM dual box healer, either mine or one of my partners. Abysea is because I'm not wasting an atma slot on a refresh atma.
    I didn't include dynamis because most don't whm to it other that for trials and ADL shown by that fact that you're using a mule. There are also countless ways to regain mp in abyssea that don't involve using a refresh atma.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Or you could always run to the WHM and wait until they have a free second to hit you with devotion. After all, if you need the MP that badly (to cure yourself/Stun/Significantly increase damage), you're better off out of range of AOEs and not feeding TP.
    Yes tell the pld who is holding a dangerous mob bring it back to all the mages and ranged and see how they respond or tell the drk to severely decrease his damage in a event where you need to do alot of damage in a short period of time. Even if it did work out, that's using devotion on two jobs in an event that no one currently does.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Saevel, you're wrong so often it hurts. /NIN is the best SJ for WHM.

So true, Mjollnir + STR Club + Realm is epicness.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    Yes tell the pld who is holding a dangerous mob bring it back to all the mages and ranged and see how they respond or tell the drk to severely decrease his damage in a event where you need to do alot of damage in a short period of time. Even if it did work out, that's using devotion on two jobs in an event that no one currently does.
    Typically, the mob the PLD is holding is an add, and he won't burn out all of his MP holding it because no one else is fighting it.

As for the DRK, the issue is that you can Devotion him (or the PLD, or the BLU, or whoever, really) but you're not doing it every 3 minutes... if as a WHM you cannot time -when- to approach, or as a DRK or BLU, you cannot figure out that 3 seconds of stepping away will not hurt the team, you'll be fine.

Devotion is not done every 3 or 5 minutes, so freaking out about hurting your precious DoT is irrelevant. If you -need- the MP, that means you -need- the MP. You have to figure out what is more important, your MP, or your TP. As I said, the 3-5 seconds it takes to get into Devotion range is such a non-issue I'm surprised someone tried to bring it up at all.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Typically, the mob the PLD is holding is an add, and he won't burn out all of his MP holding it because no one else is fighting it.
    So we're lowering the number of jobs devotion is used on to drk (since you said pld won't need it and its unlikely the blu will be in the same pt as the whm).

Also I love how we skipped over the major point of my post that devotion is rarely used and does not need to be 5/5'd, which must be true since all we can talk about is a hypothetical situation in an event that is hardly ever done. Truth of the matter is the only merit that really matters is 5/5 shellra V.
    (1)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast