Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Happy Friday everyone

I’d like to share some information that might give a bit more insight and explanation to the Protect/Minne effect adjustments.

This adjustment mainly took place to turn these spells and songs’ effects into a percentage enhancement as opposed to a static value, so that the benefits can be felt more and more at higher levels. Therefore, currently existing spells such as blue magic and rolls that enhanced defense as a percentage are not being adjusted at this time.

While many players have been asking for an additional damage reduction effect to be added to Protect, we have no plans to add this since the higher defense will already cut damage much more than before.

Finally, as we have mentioned in the past for other topics, by making these spell adjustments, monsters that utilize this magic will also see defense enhancements as well, as is the norm when we make adjustments of this kind.

Be sure to hit up the test server and try out the enhanced defense that can be gained from these spells, feel the difference for yourself, and let us know your feedback
    Thanks for the update Camate.

That said, Since Protects and Minnes are going to be % Based, are there any plans to Update Carbuncle's "Shinning Ruby" Effect in light of that?
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thanks for the update Camate.

That said, Since Protects and Minnes are going to be % Based, are there any plans to Update Carbuncle's "Shinning Ruby" Effect in light of that?
    I doubt it, Carb as it's already % based. 10% def, and 4% -MDT. It will become more useful though as there's no cap on it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I doubt it, Carb as it's already % based. 10% def, and 4% -MDT. It will become more useful though as there's no cap on it.
    Yah, I know they stack.

Thing is, Shinning Ruby was unique it that it was a percentile increase, where as protect was static. This kinda outweighed its relatively weak nature that was the Shell Effect (4% MDT), Since it had this uniqueness. Since this Uniqueness is lost, Wondering if they planned to buff it a tad to compete (even though it is stacking, It consumes a BP Ward pact, Which could be used more usefully most times) ... To be more specific, Look here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-this-new-cap

Though i suppose its an inadequate topic of conversation for the WHM Forums, and I'd like to mention I wasn't trying to bring it up as a means to fish for buff updates for Summoner in a WHM Thread, Was just curious if there were any plans to revisit other similarly defensive abilities, Mostly because Shinning Ruby's description does say "Grants user the Protect and Shell Effect" (Doesn't it?)

Either way, Its not too important!
    (0)

Character
    Kikorimo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    "goblin cast protect? omg dispel dispel dis... wait... we're only level 12 and don't have that... run awayyyyyy!"
    lol... kidding of course but I am curious how much more annoying this will make some mobs (like Carabosse) if you don't have dispel handy all the time...
    (1)

Worried you can't whm+mnk things anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Yah, I know they stack.

Thing is, Shinning Ruby was unique it that it was a percentile increase, where as protect was static. This kinda outweighed its relatively weak nature that was the Shell Effect (4% MDT), Since it had this uniqueness. Since this Uniqueness is lost, Wondering if they planned to buff it a tad to compete (even though it is stacking, It consumes a BP Ward pact, Which could be used more usefully most times) ... To be more specific, Look here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-this-new-cap

Though i suppose its an inadequate topic of conversation for the WHM Forums, and I'd like to mention I wasn't trying to bring it up as a means to fish for buff updates for Summoner in a WHM Thread, Was just curious if there were any plans to revisit other similarly defensive abilities, Mostly because Shinning Ruby's description does say "Grants user the Protect and Shell Effect" (Doesn't it?)

Either way, Its not too important!
    Only issue is, you can guarantee if they upped SMN they'd do it so it didn't stack with Protect & Shell.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Eh... I messed with this a bit on the test server and the def boosts didn't seem % based. Unless the boost is based either on your base def without gear or doesn't change dynamically when you equip more DEF. I'll look at it again.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    How much defense were you getting?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Eh... I messed with this a bit on the test server and the def boosts didn't seem % based. Unless the boost is based either on your base def without gear or doesn't change dynamically when you equip more DEF. I'll look at it again.
    Could be based on level as opposed to Defence itself.
    (0)

So far, it seems to be a static +175 defence at 1/5 merits, adding 5 per merit. At least according to Arcon!
    (1)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast