Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Any plans on releasing a 3rd Mazurka?

Maybe instead of increasing the running speed on the third one, let the song stay on when you are getting hit.

Sabotender Mazurka LV99
    ---
    Increases the Movement Speed of party members within the area of effect. Party members under effect will remain so even during enemy attacks.

I find that this would be useful in many ways just trying to escape some nasties that want to kill you. It may also add some interesting new tactical scenarios for battles.

Please add your thoughts (or a better name for the spell).
    (4)

This will never happen as it would be considered broken, allowing NMs to be constantly kited without the tank ever getting hit.

That being said, if it was given a 30 sec duration with a 2+ min recast, it may be possible as it would then be possible to use just for getting away from a mob, but not for constant kiting (except when using Nightingale/Troubadour/SV).
    (2)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Idk if it would, really. We'd have to think of some scenarios. I think with that cooldown timer and the song lasting 1-minute without troubadour would be most reasonable. Or that and if it only targeted one person?
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JiltedValkyrie View Post
    Idk if it would, really. We'd have to think of some scenarios. I think with that cooldown timer and the song lasting 1-minute without troubadour would be most reasonable. Or that and if it only targeted one person?
    They specifically broke Gravity for NM's to stop this..... no way will they then allow a spell to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Anuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Sonic Mazurka would sound better
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Sonic Mazurka would sound better
    you'd loose your rings when hit...
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    This will never happen as it would be considered broken, allowing NMs to be constantly kited without the tank ever getting hit.
    PLDs, RDMs and BLMs have been doing this for years. Wlegs and Gaiters aren't exactly new. And it doesn't require a BRD to follow you around and waste one of their songs just so you can move faster. And it still wouldn't help against mobs with higher movement speed, which there are a lot of recently.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    PLDs, RDMs and BLMs have been doing this for years. Wlegs and Gaiters aren't exactly new. And it doesn't require a BRD to follow you around and waste one of their songs just so you can move faster. And it still wouldn't help against mobs with higher movement speed, which there are a lot of recently.
    This would obviously depend on how much + movement speed the song gave, as to it's effectiveness. Remember that mazurka stacks with gear.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    This would obviously depend on how much + movement speed the song gave, as to it's effectiveness. Remember that mazurka stacks with gear.
    Well, there's really only two states - faster than a mob or not. Everything else is either useless or luxury. I can't name any NM off the top of my hat that moves at 12% movement speed. Most I know are either significantly faster (up to 100%) or same as players (without movement speed, i.e. 0%). In either case, I just don't see it as being very relevant. How many fights are kited these days? The very idea of kiting doesn't work nearly as well as it used to do, because of relative damage increase and enmity generation. There's a lot more to kiting than just movement speed. I don't think this would make or break a kiting strategy.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Correct. NMs aren't killed whilst being kited. They're just held whilst party members arrive/unweak, or in the case of Legion, the 2 spare NMs could possibly be kited whilst the other 17 members kill the first. IDK of the feasability of that, but if it's possible, SE wouldn't have it.
    (0)