Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY CHANGE THE LOOT POOL DISTRABUTION!

It has been 10 years SE 10 years! (9 if you are NA) and the loot in the pool is destroyed if the alliance is broken. I know myself and several other players have experienced the loss of items VALUABLE HARD TO GET ITEMS because someone mistakenly disbanded the alliance prematurely, or maybe someone did it on purpose (malicious I know but I have seen it happen!). So could the DEV team possibly come up with something better? I love the loot pool system best out of any MMO (I hate having to click on things to get loot hehe) but there should be some safeguard to the loot like if someone has loted on it and the alliance is disbanded the loot goes to the person who loted on it.
    So please pass this plea on to the dev team. . . I am tired of losing items because people are ugh special.
    (13)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    I love the loot pool system best out of any MMO (I hate having to click on things to get loot hehe)
    How do you get your loot in FFXI?
    (0)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    How do you get your loot in FFXI?
    does he really have to say "I hate having to run around clicking on things rather than having a nice easily viewed pool"
    (3)

This can't be done. If the alliance breaks, which party does the loot go to? Think back to salvage bannings where breaking the alliance created 3 forms of the loot pool, and what a mess that made.

What u suggest (items going to the lotter when alliance breaks) would bring a new meaning to the term "ninja lotting". Imagine some ally leader wanting an item, lotting it quickly then beaking alliance before anyone else can lot.

The loot distribution system isn't perfect, but every system has its ups and downs. I would personally like a "greed or need" lot because there's some situations i only want an item if my ls-mates don't need it (like if i don't play the job using the item often).
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    See I don't like the Greed and Need systems in other games it involves more clicking and wasting time plus you have people who just need everything (always drove me crazy in other MMOs). The best part of the FFXI loot system is that the loot it pooled and then if you want you can lot or pass or just let it drop to whomever this is almost the same thing as need or greed btw lotting = need not lotting = not needed.
    As for the "it can't be done" it can be done... anything can be done it just depends on how many people complain or bring it up and make it a issue. Sadly like all things the squeaky wheel gets the fix. Ninja lotting people are a whole different issue. This specifically is about loot being lost when the alliance is broken. Also instead of being lost it could be instantly distributed upon breaking it is just silly it is lost. It wastes the time of players, and needs to be addressed the "fix" they implemented to stop the duplicating loot pools is unacceptable.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    No, Dragonlord is totally right. It's impossible to distribute drops without an alliance because a glitch already caused it to happen.

Wait a minute!

That would be the opposite of what he said, but almost exactly what he said! Considering they have already done it (in the form of the Salvage glitch), it likely wouldn't be super hard to "fix" the Salvage glitch so only one copy of a drop can be assigned to one player. Show the pool and leading lotter's name like always to all the players that were in alliance when the monster was killed.

So yeah, it's stupid to say that something is "impossible" in a video game. Everything is possible. It's just a matter or whether the developers want to do it and whether the juice is worth the squeeze. There are a lot of things like this that would probably take a considerable amount of time to debug/test now but really should have been patched before release.
    (8)

Character
    Sanjuro
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They could learn from FFXIV's Loot system, while in party, everyone has a personal Loot pool. everyone in the party can see who gets what in pool, there the player can choose to either take the item or gift it to another person's pool
    It's not perfect, but maybe it's what your aiming for
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would say just don't break the alliance next time. You know that the only way the alliance can break is if the alliance leader decides to break it? The ally doesn't break unless the little white dot disappears. The ally leader can drop or d/c and the ally won't break. The alliance leader can be his own pt with alliance lead. If he drops, the ally doesn't break. The white dot will shift to another pt leader. The treasure pool will remain intact for whichever pt or pts, so long as someone still has that little white dot.

Seriously, just be more careful with who you give ally lead to. Sounds like you may be keeping company with people who shouldn't be entrusted with that responsibility.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    sounds like someone got their pool ninja'd last night...
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    does he really have to say "I hate having to run around clicking on things rather than having a nice easily viewed pool"
    You can see the loot in other games just fine. The fact is that compared to some of those games, you actually have to click more buttons in FFXI to get your loot.

Unless referring to solo, then sure the "items magically lift off of the enemies body and appear in my inventory" way works nicely.
    (0)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast