Character
    Xxlionxx
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

BLU spell limit /sigh

After all these underwhelming updates to merit system and every battlefield system, I don't see why developers have not righted the wrong on BLU! I mean seriously, how many other mage classes have only 20 spells available??? And don't think reducing or eliminating the timer for setting spells is the solution. If SE wants to stick to their guns, BLU should have at least 50 spell slots to be set. That's still roughly only 25%....
    (3)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    While technically BLU is a mage class - it is much more than that - melee damage from blu is signficant. Additionally blu gets powerful job traits by setting spells - if blu could set 50 spells, nearly all significant blu job traits would be settable simultaneously. Also remember each spell has attributes associated with it. Being able to take advantage of 50 spells would require a significant increase in set points. While it would certainly be fun to do - the SE "balance" stick will prevent this from happening.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    While technically BLU is a mage class - it is much more than that - melee damage from blu is signficant. Additionally blu gets powerful job traits by setting spells - if blu could set 50 spells, nearly all significant blu job traits would be settable simultaneously. Also remember each spell has attributes associated with it. Being able to take advantage of 50 spells would require a significant increase in set points. While it would certainly be fun to do - the SE "balance" stick will prevent this from happening.
    It'd be the first time SE would be correct about a job not being balanced.
    (0)

Character
    Saenomo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd like to have the flexability of the additional 4 spell slots that we should have gotten (2 at 81, 2 at 91). It would still limit us to the 60 set points that we have, but would grant us a little more versatility in what we set. For example, my 20 spell slots are all in use normally, but I have an extra set point lying around that I would love to use. In fact, I have 4 extra set points that I would like to use more efficiently, but due to spell slot limitation, I tend to just have 4 set points and a single slot which usually means a silence/sleep spell to set that I rarely make good use of unless I Mortal Ray an add.
    (2)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It will never happen that blu can set all 50 slot (if have) since never enough points to set it.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I just started blu and would like more spells also. You just have so many spells but can't use it's like WTF should I farm them. Although I can see blu being a bit unbalanced if we are allowed to set too many spells but I think the limit now is weak. Should be able to get at leaset 8 more points somehow.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I thought about that but nah it's fine the way it's at. It just best to pick the spells that is suited in the situation u in.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I been running around 55/60 set points because of the 20 spell limit.

why does blue have like 20-40 procs (no idea) in that vw or vnm, whatever it is called, the voidstone thing when we can only set 20 at once. I want to play a game to have FUN (new concept I know) and not be stressed. I refuse to play blu at this event, I am not a proc monkey. I really thought that would changed after a year so I feel the same now as I felt before I quit.

Also set points go up and not our spell set count from 71-99. I was going to ask is this has to do some ps2 limitation because it makes no sense whatsoever and that event makes it make even less. You add that up and it makes negative sense (if there was such a thing)

Plus is it hard to ask for attack II or other upgradeable traits? I know there is some but between setting spells to damage and traits it is hard to even make use of those few that you can.

Also if 99 is now the new end we should get 5 more set points as well, Always thought the levels when you upgrade was weird anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-25-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Easy fix for that: Add a secondary group of selectable spells where spells added to this group did not create any traits or give any stat bonuses/penalties. Actually, for balance, maybe let spells here add their penalties, but not bonuses.

This spell list could have something like 10-15 spell slots and maybe 20 set points, or whatever would be reasonably balanced.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I just did Carabosse(did Orthrus the other day) and now realize how much blu sucks with the spell limit. It really makes no sense to give us all these spells with blu for us not to be able to use them. I was going to farm the blu spells for VW and thought about it... all I would be there for is to proc and nothing else. I don't think I will be farming many more blu spells and I won't be playing blu unless I need to proc something in Abyssea. Blu destroys easy prey like nothing but any boss or tough mob and we are a joke.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 10-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts