Character
    Glaxen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 22

Just hit 75 on THF, what to do next?

I'm a bit green when it comes to abyssea and what all of it entails. What I know is just what people have told me in-game and it's not much.

It's a tad difficult to find decent information on THF and what exactly there is to do post 75. I've broken the first cap, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to spend my time EXPing in solo Campaign or Crawler's Nest sync parties, but if I have to... I can.

I'm just wondering what I should start working towards, gear-wise, that are good for THF. Just any advice at all that could help 75-99 would be wonderful, because I'm am completely clueless.

Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The first thing you should focus on is getting it leveled up. Gear will not play as much a role in this as Atma, so if you have any friends that can help you get started with it, try to get a zone boss win and RR Atma. That alone will push your damage output a lot, which is the main thing anyone will require from you in Abyssea.

That actually sums THF's role up for most of the things it will be useful at all: DD. Usually for solo or lowman efforts. Its damage output is not enough to compare with heavy hitters, but it requires very little upkeep and can provide TH, which is a welcome bonus for many events (Dynamis, Salvage, Sea, Sky, Abyssea NMs, etc.).

As for gear, you should try to get your AF3+1 completed as soon as possible, although, as I mentioned before, you won't get very far without being higher level. 75 isn't the endgame defining level that it was at... well, 75 cap. 90+ is when you'll realistically get invited for AF3+1 farming parties, so that's what I'd aim for if I was you. Once you get your AF3+1 gear done, you'll have quite a bit of Abyssea figured out, especially how NMs work, which is the main purpose of that zone. You should try to get certain Abyssites (look them up on the Wiki of your choice), especially Merit ones (HP/MP increase), which will be very helpful for everything else in Abyssea.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    In an alliance people wont realy notice if you're hitting anything or not. Just fake it, as in keep attacking stuff. You'll get skill ups along the way. Then realy go out of your way to skill after you 99, it's much much easier this way.
    (0)

Try to get into a worm party in la theine. They're easy to hit and skill up on. By the time you hit 78 you should also have enough cruor to go to the NPC at the start and buy the Aurore gear. It looks terrible, and you should replace it ASAP, but it's cheap and has a bit of haste on it, and lots of acc. You can continue to wear this until you farm your AF3 if needed, though if you have gil there are plenty of better options available.
    (0)