Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where in Vana'diel is the Community Team?

How well do you know Vana'diel? Could you find your way through the Yuhtunga Jungle blindfolded and navigate to safety by sound only? Do you know each individual crevice and nook of the maps of Vana'diel? The Community Team has concocted a series of trials to put your knowledge of Vana'diel, as well as your riddle-solving abilities, to the test!

The Community Team will make an appearance on the Test Server and hide in special locations scattered across Vana'diel. Once the team member has made their way to the hiding spot, we will announce a hint regarding the location on both the forum and also in-game via linkshells that will be distributed. Players must then hunt down the hidden Community Team member. The first three players to find the hiding Community Team member and purchase a Red Rose from their bazaar will be awarded a Chocobo Beret!

Name:  ChocoboBeret.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  56.0 KB

Event Details

When
    First Event: May 18, 2012 at 6:00pm (PDT)
    Second Event: May 25, 2012 at 6:00pm (PDT)

Where
    FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server (Undine) at the Lower Jeuno home point crystal

How to Participate
    1. Log into the Test Server and head to the Lower Jeuno home point crystal on May 18th or May 25th at 6:00pm (PDT)
    2. The Community Team members will pass out linkpearls to everyone present (don’t worry if you are not there at 6:00pm as there will be a member in Lower Jeuno that will continue passing out pearls to those arriving late.)
    3. A single Community Team member will warp and hide in a secret location.
    4. The Community Team will announce a hint as to the whereabouts of the hidden team member via the event linkshell as well as on the forums.
    5. The first 3 players to find the hidden Community Team member in-game, and purchase a Red Rose from their bazaar will be awarded a Chocobo Beret on their public server character.

Additional Details
    • Five rounds will be held on each day, with 15 Chocobo Berets distributed per event
    • A total of 30 Chocobo Berets will be distributed
    • We ask players to focus on the event itself as the Community Team members will not be answering any unrelated questions or tells
    • We may release videos and/or screenshots from the event, so please understand that character names may be shown in chat windows and party lists.
    • There may be cases the event is canceled due to unforeseeable circumstances.
    • If we determine that a player is impeding the flow of the event in any way or disturbing other players, that player will be warned and/or reprimanded. If it is determined that the actions are being performed that interrupt service, we will terminate the event
    • Any players that do not follow staff directions and cause problems with the event may be penalized

Please Note
    • Only one Chocobo Beret can be won per participant.
    • The prize for this event is an in-game item and has no monetary value.
    (9)
    Gildrein - Community Team

Character
    Kayrie
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What about PS2 and Xbox 360 players?
    (0)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    sucks to be you?
    furthermore, are players allowed to use their own chocobos?
    (1)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    facepalm.gif

The Test Server is only available to PC players.

Anyways, you just know it's going to be Yuhtunga Jungle. I know the original developer has probably left SE for about 8 years now, but I still fantasise about meeting him/her at a random event and just shaking them, asking WHY DEAR GOD WHY?
    (0)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    it would be worse if they hid in the gurfurlur the menacing room. need the three keys and six people to get there
    (1)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    glad your all doing this on 2 differnt days, since i'll be missing the first
    (1)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You can get a PC that can handle FFXI just fine cheaper than a 360 or working PS2. Shouldn't be an issue really.
    (3)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Your solution is that they should waste hundreds of dollars on a pc when a phone can do a ton of stuff you used to need a pt for nowadays?
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Your solution is that they should waste hundreds of dollars on a pc when a phone can do a ton of stuff you used to need a pt for nowadays?
    You mean my phone can haste me, cure me, AND tank a mob? Please show me how to get it to do this.

ALSO: If you're too poor to buy a ratty old PC that's capable of playing FFXI, your priorities should lie elsewhere.
    (0)

Character
    Tsybil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You mean my phone can haste me, cure me, AND tank a mob? Please show me how to get it to do this.

ALSO: If you're too poor to buy a ratty old PC that's capable of playing FFXI, your priorities should lie elsewhere.
    I swear, there is an ap for EVERYTHING today.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast