Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Soloing Suggestions.

I was trying to think of a way for Square to improve soloing without changing the game itself to much. Lets face it. The majority of the player community now are long time veterans. Not all, but a large number. So like i was saying i was trying to think of a way to improve soloing without changing the game we love. I had a simple idea and I'd like to hear some thoughts on the matter.

My idea was to simply change the recovery rate on our Hp/MP. It takes a long time for the two to recover to 100% and it seriously slows the fighting down. I personally hate subbing Dnc to keep battles fluent and i also miss out on perks from other jobs like Double Attack,Hasso and ect. because I'm to concerned with waiting 5 minutes to recover after every one to two fights. It's to slow and a annoyance.

With a dramatically fast recovery rate we can rest real quick then pick right back up without becoming too bored too quickly.

Thoughts anyone?
    (2)

Player
    Good for solo, unbalanced in partys depending on your speed of recovery, not that it honestly matters anymore but just saying, it would mean that I could /heal midfight and recover much faster, however I will agree it would be very helpful for soloing, however its also a MMO, where as we are not expected to solo nearly as much as party with others, so it wouldn't be as much looked into I think. In any case when soloing /DNC has become overpowered anyways, because it offers way to much for soloing for people to not use it, self healing being the main thing, but steps/sambas allow enfeebling & either HP, MP, or TP gain to be faster.

Soloing would be great to improve though, because the traditional way of leveling has died, and you are now forced to do 1 of 2 things, either you A:GoV party, meaning you are fighting mobs with so many people you get 1-3 hits in a mob, or B:You leach via FC or Keying. In other words, leveling is dead except solo for the most part! But I don't know if /heal improvements are the way to go about it.

Maybe make mobs give more xp so they feel more rewarding, or make items like potions more accessible, via making them take less/no space in your inventory while boosting their effect to make them more useful, and maybe even let us use them on other players. Honestly items I think is more where the problem should be fixed because items are so well ignored (NOT TEMPS! I mean real honest items!) by SE that they arn't used much and are fairly weak to begin with. In other Final Fantasys we have these weird items called Phoenix Downs, they let us raise people without the spell raise, however these do not exist, to this extent we cant even use items on other players at all (except for a small few of them) and they are so weak we don't use them on ourselves. By weak I mean there are 3 versions, A:Fast to use, weak effect. B:Slow to use, decent effect. C:Fast to use, decent effect, can only hold one. If they were all C but you could hold more than 1, they would be worth using. Also they could have some like B, like Elixirs, where they are massively helpful, but they take a long time, or A, where they have low effects but they would be near instant!
    (0)