Thread: Cluster-Maker.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Cluster-Maker.

An Idea on Crystal Clusters, Kinda the same thing Nokkhi Jinjahl does, but instead of Arrows/Cards with Crystal Clusters.

Example:

Trade 12 (Twelve) Light Crystals to said NPC with said Item needed, receive 1 (One) Light Cluster.
    (41)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On a lore level, this is probably like unscrambling a scrambled egg. But to hell with the lore, this is a good idea, and +1'd.
    (7)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm not going to say its a bad idea because its not, but I'm not sure what the point would be?

other than Ice clusters for ifrit's cauldron what other use do the clusters have?

(of course I could be missing quite a bit)
    (1)

Player
    @Finuve Clusters are stackable so instead of having a dozen stacks of 12 crystals taking up 12 inv spots you would have 1 spot holding a dozen clusters. So 144 crystals taking 1 inventory space, seems like a good reason to me.

@Alhanelem And lore wise its easy enough to imagine, just need magic to fuse the 12 crystals together making a core. Can't really use your egg metaphor because a scrambled egg is quite different then an uncracked egg. The crystals remain solid whether as a core or individual.
    (5)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    An Idea on Crystal Clusters, Kinda the same thing Nokkhi Jinjahl does, but instead of Arrows/Cards with Crystal Clusters.

Example:

Trade 12 (Twelve) Light Crystals to said NPC with said Item needed, receive 1 (One) Light Cluster.
    New synthesis recipes comic response really these would need earth crystals (bond) if going by lore. Not sure if this could be done because I think crafting maxes out at 8 items per craft. Just a silly idea.

Ice Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Ice
    12x Ice Crystals
    Yield 1 Ice Cluster

Thunder Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis thunder
    12x Thunder Crystals
    Yield 1 Thunder Cluster

Fire Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Fire
    12x Fire Crystals
    Yield 1 Fire Cluster

Wind Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Wind
    12x Wind Crystals
    Yield 1 Wind Cluster

Earth Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Earth
    12x Earth Crystals
    Yield 1 Earth Cluster

Water Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Water
    12x Water Crystals
    Yield 1 Water Cluster

Light Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Light
    12x Light Crystals
    Yield 1 Light Cluster

Dark Cluster
    Alchemy 1
    Synthesis Dark
    12x Dark Crystals
    Yield 1 Dark Cluster
    (6)
    Last edited by Sarick; 05-16-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhon View Post
    @Finuve Clusters are stackable so instead of having a dozen stacks of 12 crystals taking up 12 inv spots you would have 1 spot holding a dozen clusters. So 144 crystals taking 1 inventory space, seems like a good reason to me.

@Alhanelem And lore wise its easy enough to imagine, just need magic to fuse the 12 crystals together making a core. Can't really use your egg metaphor because a scrambled egg is quite different then an uncracked egg. The crystals remain solid whether as a core or individual.

I didn't think clusters were stackable, thats what I was missing then
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Except maybe you shouldn't have to trade an item, there are always mages giving out free services to people, just so they can get materials to learn off of... and although the location would be painful, the mage school in Windurst could have a repeatable quest where you provide crystals for the students to learn (and the quest doesn't add fame for obvious reasons).
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Do it with Synthesis. 12 x Crystal using the crystal strong to the one you want.

Fire > Ice x12
    Light <> Dark

etc...
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Do it with Synthesis. 12 x Crystal using the crystal strong to the one you want.

Fire > Ice x12
    Light <> Dark

etc...
    this won't help the people who have 25 stacks of the same crystal in the field.
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Carebear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    +1
    I welcome the idea of being able to stack my stacks of crystals, since the same can already be done via quivers with arrows and toolbags with tools. It may alleviate some inventory clutter issues =)
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast