Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Show Something More interesting on Live Vana'diel

I like how we have had Live Vana'Diel for the longest time but all we ever seem to see is Lower Jeuno's AH.

Is there any chance we can get this to change to a random area with some action going on? Have it Cycle between Abyssea areas where people are fighting or to a Pandemonium Warden Fight. Watching People sit in Jeuno is really boring
    (6)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Does it even show a server with people on it?
    (0)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you look at it now, it's showing ye olde Lower Jeuno AH I see a Masamune AF3+2 SAM standing there

earlier I saw someone run by in the Ocelomeh set

So there's characters there running around.... What server it is I've no clue I can say that it's not Sylph tho lol
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    If you look at it now, it's showing ye olde Lower Jeuno AH I see a Masamune AF3+2 SAM standing there

earlier I saw someone run by in the Ocelomeh set

So there's characters there running around.... What server it is I've no clue I can say that it's not Sylph tho lol
    At one point I thought it was showing the old Atomos (non-playable test server)... but alas, I know it's not Lakshmi, either.

HERE'S AN IDEA!

Create a separate webpage for the LV (Live Vana'diel) and let us chose from various zones, or even allow players to toggle "LiveViewer" on/off so players could actually watch BC/NM fights. Obviously some LS' might think this would let others see their "strategy" but I think that if you're gonna call something "Live Vana'diel"... it should be more lively than a town...

That, or you could include verious /ls chat so we can watch FFXI drama...

"Like the sands in a Perpetual Hourglass, these are the days of Vana'diel..."
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    How do i even view the live stream? I go to the stream and it just shows a picture of a taru and a mandy
    (0)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    At one point I thought it was showing the old Atomos (non-playable test server)... but alas, I know it's not Lakshmi, either.

HERE'S AN IDEA!

Create a separate webpage for the LV (Live Vana'diel) and let us chose from various zones, or even allow players to toggle "LiveViewer" on/off so players could actually watch BC/NM fights. Obviously some LS' might think this would let others see their "strategy" but I think that if you're gonna call something "Live Vana'diel"... it should be more lively than a town...

That, or you could include verious /ls chat so we can watch FFXI drama...

"Like the sands in a Perpetual Hourglass, these are the days of Vana'diel..."
    That would be very cool, but at the same time eat up a fair chunk of bandwidth if they were streaming every zone to Youtube, Although a couple different streams wouldn't be a bad idea.

>> Iakothm
    It's on Youtube now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRYzjUYvic

O Camate, where art thou?
    (0)

Character
    Yurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    It's been Odin for the longest time. And yes, there are people on Odin. When the camera was in Port Jeuno that fact was much more obvious.
    (0)
    Yurai of Odin, BlueHat Linkshell.
    Monk. White Mage. Awesome.
    Auspice and Boost-AGI are your friends. Please use them!

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    It should reflect the environment for only a brief time then change scenery, too. I used to watch it, and every time it'd change zones I would feel very giddy and excited to be watching. But, within a few seconds of being stuck in the same zone, I could feel my happiness fading, only to be replaced with irritation and boredom. So I agree that it should show lively actions of the game (Abyssea monsters, BCNMs, HNMs, VW, Dynamis, PVP), even if only for a brief moment to give the watcher a taste of what the event is like.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Carebear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    It should reflect the environment for only a brief time then change scenery, too.
    I remember when it used to cycle through different towns AND outdoor areas/dungeons. Like it would run along a pre-determined "track" through Jeuno, then Rabao (this was also way back before I even knew where Rabao or Jeuno were even located, as I was still very new as a player at the time), then I think it even went through Crawler's Nest or something.

Now I don't know exactly what bandwidth/manpower is needed to put something like this together, but it would be cool to pan around Dynamis/Abyssea/Nyzul areas at least for a brief time, then cycle to come other place. Even if Nyzul area is just a still cam on the runic portal area would be neat, since the floors down there are quite claustrophobic for a cam, lol. The place in general just looks awesome. Perhaps a view of the runic portals looking toward the ocean area with the giant fishies and stuff? *hint hint*

As for strategies being "revealed" the whole of the battle wouldn't be shown anyway since it's just a short visit, right? Not much interesting going on in Lower Jeuno's AH area, I'm afraid.

edit: As for bandwidth, I am guessing if the camera view shifts locations - from one zone to another, the bandwidth usage from the previous zone is still being used? I know practically nothing about streaming video, but I can imagine if every zone is streaming even if it's not being shown, the amount of bandwidth would be insane unless the quality was toned down a lot - forget it, it would be insane regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    How do i even view the live stream? I go to the stream and it just shows a picture of a taru and a mandy
    That seems to be the image that shows whenever the Live stream is down for maintenance, or it's generally on the fritz ^^
    (3)
    Last edited by Midorikaze; 05-22-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Live Vana'diel camera. We are currently considering other locations that can capture a large amount of people. Additionally, we would also like to utilize this to capture and record in-game events as well, though it would be difficult to do this every day.

With that said, what are some of your favorite things to spectate in Vana'diel?
    (11)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast