Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Could set the camera up in some of the more common voidwatch spots. The western pop for Qilin, the Pil pop closest to Dominion zone, Kaggen nearest to the tower. Could also set it up in any Abyssea location. At least in those places you'd see some people, you know, doing things.
    (3)

Character
    Evviva
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Could set the camera up in some of the more common voidwatch spots. The western pop for Qilin, the Pil pop closest to Dominion zone, Kaggen nearest to the tower. Could also set it up in any Abyssea location. At least in those places you'd see some people, you know, doing things.
    More like Rex rifts so we can watch people get pwned.
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree with the vw suggestion, I have no idea how feasible this would be, but it would be awesome if somehow the live vana'diel camera was alerted when a group popped a vw mob, and cut to that location. Unlike abyssea NMs which can be moved around the zone, or sometimes move around themselves, VW would be the perfect spectator activity, since the locations are pretty stationary, and it's also the freshest content ^^

Not sure if this would be possible either, but placing the camera inside the NMs would be a fun perspective to watch.

Other, less appealing, but still fun ideas:
    Beseiged
    Campaign Battle
    Dynamis
    (2)

Character
    Allslove
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I've always wondered if the "camera" for Live Vana'diel was a perpetually invisible character or simply a dummy GM.

That comment about the camera warping off to different locations piqued my interest in that. If it was running on a GM like system, it could float from place to place, even across servers to where the action is. It could be programmed to detect epic fights, like Shinryu, higher-tier Voidwatches, and maybe even Neo Nyzul boss floors. To keep an interest about it, it wouldn't stay for any more than one fight so we're not watching a PUG's 4x run.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm with you, but unfortunately there isn't a continous crowd of people in the diorama at any given time. The livecam isn't interesting it all if it isn't showing a scene with a significant amount of activity.
    (2)

Poke-err Pankration and chocobo races are things that flavor wise would be the events people in vanadiel would watch on a broadcast system.
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I love Tu'Lia, it's one of my favorite places. That said, it might feel a bit spoilerish, since people have to be far enough in Rise of the Zilart to see that zone. I think Bibiki Bay is gorgeous, especially during its sunset. Boat rides might also be pleasant, as long as they're brief. The Sanctuary of Zi'tah is also gorgeous.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Live Vana'diel camera. We are currently considering other locations that can capture a large amount of people. Additionally, we would also like to utilize this to capture and record in-game events as well, though it would be difficult to do this every day.

With that said, what are some of your favorite things to spectate in Vana'diel?
    How about the port jeuno guid stone so the devs ca see teh rediculous number of bazaars and realize they need to reinstate the tax.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    With that said, what are some of your favorite things to spectate in Vana'diel?
    Broken dreams.

I want to watch incompetent pick-up groups lose to high-tier VoidExhibitionists, and competent groups win only to discover nothing good dropped to anyone able to use it. If possible, the camera should zoom in on the Riftworn Pyxis as people approach it so that bitter moment of disappointment can be fully captured.

Also, certain rifts are really reliable places for people to be while fighting stuff, so this would assure some activity rather than folks just running past. That is secondary to my desire for a record of video-game-sadness, however!
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast