Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Error: POL-5312

Your SE ID is what you created for the site.

OLD System:

Member ID (User Generated)
    POL ID (System Generated)

You created a new SE ID for use with the SE Account management system and these forums. This is the account that you have to link your POL ID with to be able to play FFXI now.

Sign into the SE AM System and go to "List Options Continued Automatically". At the top, you will see a drop box for selecting your linked ID's, displayed as:

Playonline/Final Fantasy XI: ABCD1234 [Region]

If you scroll down towards the bottom, you will see buttons for updating information. Click the button to update your password and make sure it is the same one that is saved under your Playonline settings for the game in the top section of the login settings (not the middle part, that is a local password for launching POL, the top part is for authenticating to the server). If these two saved passwords (one in SE system, and your POL settings) are not in synch, it will trip the 53xx errors.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-13-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Flix View Post
    Ah, now where getting somewhere. So where do I find my SE ID? I've had this POL ID for years now. I do not ever remember a SE ID being issued back when I played.
    It should go:

Member Name: Whatever!

*Playonline ID: ABCD1234

*Set Password: Save/Not Set

*Password: (Only if you save it)

Member Password: Optional

Confirm Password: Optional

*Square Enix ID: (similar to a Username) (I believe this is also the forum username)

*One-Time Password: Use/Do Not Use

* Are required to be filled in.

If you don't remember the PID, login to your SquareEnix acccount, it'll tell you there.
    (0)

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    I know my PID, it's the SE-ID that I do not know/remember. Everything else has been set like you have stated.
    (0)

It's the User Name/Pass you used to setup the SE Account Management account.....as in, the ID used to access the forums.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    Then mine are the same or I am totally confused (which is very likely) because my SE account management to log in is my POL ID also. To log into the forums I have to type in the 'ABCD1234' set.
    (0)

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    I GOT IT! Thank you very much for your patience with my stupidity and confusion, have a good night.
    (0)

My SE ID is Raist, I would imagine yours is Flix. Unless there was a way to set what your display name is on the forums....don't recall the specifics, too long ago. Your SE ID should NOT be your POL ID....if so, that may pose some sort of security risk. That ID is one of the magic pieces to the puzzle when they want to confirm ownership of an account, and should be guarded as much as possible.

My saved POL settings are my old Member ID I created when I first registered, then the system Generated POL ID that was created back then and saved in POL login settings along with that saved POL Password, then my SE ID that I created a couple years back when I first linked POL to SE AM (Raist). When I go to launch the game, everything down to my SE ID (Raist) is saved and I have to enter my SE ID password and my token key. If you are entering anything tied to POL, you may be entering the wrong credentials (unless you didn't save those fields and have to enter it all in everytime).
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-13-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    I seemed to of figure it out finally. Thanks for your help,
    (0)
    Last edited by Flix; 05-13-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    For everyone on this post that took the time to help thank you!! I had to reinstall on a new drive and when I got to POL I wanted to pull my hair out. SE PLEASE GET RID OF POL IT'S RIDICULOUS AND NOT CLEAR. It's wonder we have new players when they have to go through that and then do all that linking to SE. SE ever heard of K.I.S.S.?
    (0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2