Thread: Error: POL-5312

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79

Error: POL-5312

I recently just re-bought FFXI off of steam with all the new add-ons and i transferred my account like they wanted. I even set a password for my PLAY ONLINE password, however when I enter it I get error: POL-5312 saying my password is wrong however it is not.

I looked up past threads on this but I've had no luck from those.
    (0)

Just to rule it out, are you sure you are entering the proper password for the login requested.

FFXI is layered. There is a POL password and an SE ID, PLUS the token if you are using that. The POL gets saved, and you enter in your SE ID password and Token if activated.

Some possible scenarios, the POL pass wasn't saved properly, or you are entering the wrong password (ie POL pass) for your SE ID sign on.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    Yes, I am 100% sure I am using the correct password. I have two different ones, one to just log into the ID and the other one to log in to POL itself. I just uninstalled the steam version and installed the POL from SE and still have no luck. I also do not have a token.

Also when I purposely put in the wrong password it does not show an error, it just says that it's wrong. Only when I type the correct one does it give me that error.

My other thought is that I just reactivated everything last night, could it be possible it takes time for POL to let me back on? (Everything has been paid)
    (0)
    Last edited by Flix; 05-13-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    I am now getting error 5311. Which is saying it's the wrong password still. However it changes between 5311 and 5312.
    (0)
    Last edited by Flix; 05-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Are you sure the pID is correct, as in if it contains an O/0 that you're using the correct one.

I had this error on an old account when I used 0 instead of O by mistake. (same for any other letters that look similar)
    (0)

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    Yes, because I had to transfer it last night. All the info it should be about my toons/expansions where correct before I quit the game so my pID is correct. I think I just need to call on monday when they are open.
    (0)

did you double check you POL login setting and make sure POL isn't set to use one-time password? This was something that was an issue back when everyone started linking accounts....think it was getting toggled on by default.

Launch POL, pick your name, and then click the settings button on the left to get to the change settings panel. At top will b e your Member name, POL ID,, the Set Password option, and so forth. At the bottom will be a section for your SE ID and there is a toggle there for using tthe one-time password.

Also, need to make sure the saved POL data on your system is in synch with what is saved at the SE Account Management page. People have mistyped thier password in one of these two places, and this was where the error was getting tripped.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    Nope, not set as one time password.

Lets get this straight though. My POL-ID and my SE-ID are the same, correct? When I log into SE account management it requires my SE-ID so I know that is correct.
    (0)

no...POL ID is different from your SE ID. The POL ID is assigned by the system, and will be something like ABCD1234.
    (0)

Character
    Flix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 79
    Ah, now where getting somewhere. So where do I find my SE ID? I've had this POL ID for years now. I do not ever remember a SE ID being issued back when I played.
    (0)
    Last edited by Flix; 05-13-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast