Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Final Fantasy 11 and 14 should be interchange able.? Too a point on logging in.

No other mmo out there really has a chance to do this but this game. The reason I'm suggesting this is because with the new version of ff14 coming out were going to lose people from ff11 for some time and it will make it easier to switch back an forth from the games.

DO NOT need to have it so we have gear we earn from both of the games or other such stuff.

Just have it so we got a NPC we can talk to that will teleport us to one game or the other.

Example: Im on ff11 and nothing happing and i see a shout or yell that there a group of people in port jueno looking for members in ff14 to do a run, i can just go to a NPC person and talk to the NPC and it will after a few, see that i got ff14 on my system that im using and just warp me to ff14. and can be vise versa.

Game all ready see that with the billing system that you got both version nowdays just all they need to do is detect got the one the games on the system your usinsg.

This will make it easier for those of us that would like to play both version of the game , and make it so some that like to play both versions of the game will pay you guys more and, No matter what there always going be downtimes on both game for updates and what no,t while the new contents added so why not make it so play both games same month?

PEACE.

If all think bad idea i'm sorry just felt like it makes sense do this instead of logging off and logging in all the time, and To make the game feel like a final fanstasy universe instead seperate games, plus give us options on the downtimes.
    (1)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Two vastly different systems--the only thing they really have in common is the SEID system which is really just used in XI for authentication. Aside from other issues with DirectX and such, one of the biggest things is the crash that could happen during the changeover because of how XI manages the overlay. You have to properly shutdown XI's processes for things to save properly before switching over, and even doing that now with it's own native process still randomly refuses to do so gracefully and some people wind up with corrupt files. With the archaic, spaghetti code in XI....don't know if they could ever figure out a way to integrate the systems before XI shuts down or goes F2P.

TLDR: Until POL goes the way of the Dodo....they will not be integrated.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I'd be happy just to be able to talk between games.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They had ideas like this according to interviews before the game's release, but it was deemed impractical to implement unfortunately (And clearly they didnt have time for it either considering how broken the whole thing was when it was initially released)
    (1)

If SE did a Hall of Monuments type of thing for FFXIV like Anet is doing with Guild Wars 2 I would slap down the money for the install and sub in a heartbeat.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    If you look at the lore for both games, they really aren't compatible at all. Everything down to the basic pantheon of gods is different between them, and not just philosophically. In Vana'diel, Altana and Promathia are very real gods, and the crystal lore is very very ingrained in the religion of the game. Even the alternate 'religion,' that of Walahra in the Near East, admits to being more of a philosophy than a religion and concedes to the crystal lore, though the lesser gods Odin and Alexander are also very real in the Aht Urhgan storyline.

Meanwhile, in Hydalyn, it all did NOT begin with a stone, and the Twelve are the overarching pantheon. They do not intervene nearly so directly as Altana (tossing feathers and kitties at you)... yet. In fact, the only goddess to even be depicted (that I know of) is Nophica, the Matron, luring all the boys to her Gridanian yard 'cause her milkshake is better than yours... (I mean just LOOK AT HER on the recruiting poster!)

Messaging between the games would be nice, though.
    (2)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Agree with Rosalie, cross game friend's list or messaging would be great, but I don't see how the two could interact aside from that, both from a lore perspective, and technical perspective.

A possible exception could be a low-tech implementation of your titles or achievements in one game affecting the other, kinda like how you had access to buy certain atma in Abyssea, based on prior achievements in Vana'diel. Even if we can't carry our XI characters over to XIV, small benefits, and recognition of certain accomplishments like acquiring a Relic or Empyrean weapon, or defeating AV or PW might entice more XI player to give XIV a whirl who haven't yet.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    Agree with Rosalie, cross game friend's list or messaging would be great, but I don't see how the two could interact aside from that, both from a lore perspective, and technical perspective.

A possible exception could be a low-tech implementation of your titles or achievements in one game affecting the other, kinda like how you had access to buy certain atma in Abyssea, based on prior achievements in Vana'diel. Even if we can't carry our XI characters over to XIV, small benefits, and recognition of certain accomplishments like acquiring a Relic or Empyrean weapon, or defeating AV or PW might entice more XI player to give XIV a whirl who haven't yet.
    Lore Perspective you could do like WoTG and do it as the future if they really wanted.

As for bonus' they could do it like a trait (I assume FFXIV has them) and possibly grant bonus' like Increased EXP, Skill Up(if in it) and so on.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Frend list sharing would probably mean putting FFXIV on PlayOnline. No thanks.
    (1)

Log onto FFXI see nothing is going on, Log on to FFXIV to check whats happening. Thats all you got to do really.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast