Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    holy sockpuppets batman!

circumspection (sp) <<do you need it?>>
    Correcting level design that got screwed up when they added super high level mobs to a low level zone is a bad thing why exactly?
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Jesus tap-dancing Christ. Why on earth are you people so intent on defending SE's bad level design changes?
    I agree that the layout is bad. I think they should change it. However, there are currently ways to avoid aggro from higher level monsters while waiting for Square Enix to fix its errors. But, to refuse to buy medicines that several players use already simply because of money (and then refusing to get the skill levels to make them) is lazy. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to in order to make the things we do want to do easier to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    "Go to the Auction House and..." should never be a requirement for any mission.
    Hm, Bastok's Mission 6-2 requires an Adaman Ore. Could have been mined, just like silent oils and prism powders can be crafted.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    I agree that the layout is bad. I think they should change it. However, there are currently ways to avoid aggro from higher level monsters while waiting for Square Enix to fix its errors. But, to refuse to buy medicines that several players use already simply because of money (and then refusing to get the skill levels to make them) is lazy. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to in order to make the things we do want to do easier to accomplish.
    Then we're in agreement. The level design is borked and needs to be fixed. In the meantime there are workarounds, even if they are less than ideal.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Correcting level design that got screwed up when they added super high level mobs to a low level zone is a bad thing why exactly?
    no one agrees that the new placement of mobs is good. i for one just think it's SE's way of reassuring us that we will never be getting new areas. but for the record, there are so many other ways in-game, to get over this obstacle.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Hm, Bastok's Mission 6-2 requires an Adaman Ore. Could have been mined, just like silent oils and prism powders can be crafted.
    Mining doesn't require skill, is closely tied to Bastok in the lore, and the required "ingredient" (i.e. pickaxes) is sold by NPCs everywhere.

Alchemy requires skill, has nothing to do with Windurst, and the required ingredients aren't consistently available from NPCs and/or require farming monsters impossible to defeat at the mission's target level.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 05-12-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    to the OP and anyone else interested, I would like to point out my post from before this one as a rep has answered it here is the answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings everyone,

Wildsprite, thank you for pointing this out and we appreciate everyone's feedback on the relocation of high-level monsters in areas like Dangruf Wadi. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In regards to the positioning of these monsters, we would like to take a look at it so that players can avoid being attacked by high-level monsters without warning. As a first step, we feel it would be good to address this earlier by making certain aggressive monsters non-aggressive.

We will be sure to give an update as soon as we get word on the progress.
    and here is my thread, as they said they would update perhaps you should keep an eye on it http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post314070
    (3)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Oh my.

If one wants to navigate the lands of Vana'diel they either need to level up or acquire meds to traverse safely. What does lore have to do with that? There are monsters you are trying to evade, that should be enough motivation.
    I generally don't comment about the stupidity of posts, I'd have 10 000+ posts if that was the case. But you sir have tipped the scale. Go back to when SE didn't get the bright idea of rejuvenating zones by adding books and monsters for higher level players to get 50~ xp per kill while doing pages (that aren't even rationally near each other). As a level 75 player I could run through these zones and not aggro, as a level 30 player I could run through these zones without aggro. The façade made from the dev's team sloth is no reason to defend their mistakes. I feel like making inflammatory comments towards your ethos but I'll avoid that. News flash, not everything SE does is correct, remapping monsters in zones and making high level monsters fit into low level zones was an example of a horrible idea spurred by their lack of imagination to make zones geared towards higher level players.

Sic, the OP is mentioning how SE quarter assed the level 99 increase, it feels to me, and im sure many other members that level 99 was an esthetic change rather than anything else. But since SE rather spend resources on other projects, no matter how asinine they are, we get this lame façade of FFXI that fan boys like you defend, it is tiring...
    (3)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juilan View Post
    Sic, the OP is mentioning how SE quarter assed the level 99 increase,
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    Seriously... Did my mission 1-x and ran into a level 83 monster in Horototto Ruins and am finding they added these monsters to areas all over.... WHY? How am I supposed to get my quests done when I can't find max level characters to help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    wanna give me the 30k a stack they are selling for?
    Juilan, I'm sorry but you're defending a person that I feel wants a handout and can't play an RPG effectivly to help themselves, left alone mentioning how SE quarter assed the level 99 increase. I'm not to sure if the OP is bright enough to know what you're talking about. Crying about taking off S/I and asking for Gil just gives me that impression.

it feels to me, and im sure many other members that level 99 was an esthetic change rather than anything else. But since SE rather spend resources on other projects, no matter how asinine they are, we get this lame façade of FFXI that fan boys like you defend, it is tiring...
    So empowered, that Level 99 "Should" have came with new areas. Reminder you don't own your character, you're just renting it. If the company wants to change their vision, that is what their going to do. Can voice ideas and what not that doesn't mean said company has to do it. Of course I would like NEW AREAS, I would think most everyone that plays FFXI does as well, tbh why not it would give more life to the game. But all and all crying about sneak/invisible is not going to make new areas happen.
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Juilan, I'm sorry but you're defending a person that I feel wants a handout
    He was trying to make a point, similar to a point I tried to make almost a year ago. Lack of comprehension pervaded there, too.

At any rate...

and can't play an RPG effectivly to help themselves
    How is one expected to "help themselves" when "helping themselves" requires the intervention of a high-level player?

You want a level ~20 to go skill alchemy. Getting the skill (and the ingredients for the meds in question) isn't realistic until level ~40 (not to mention the abominable timesink of skilling a craft in and of itself). Your only other suggestions boil down to "get assistance from someone else's high-level character" in one way or another.

Call that what you will, but "helping oneself" it is not. At best, it's "make yourself useful to someone else."
    (2)

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    He was trying to make a point, similar to a point I tried to make almost a year ago. Lack of comprehension pervaded there, too.

At any rate...

How is one expected to "help themselves" when "helping themselves" requires the intervention of a high-level player?

You want a level ~20 to go skill alchemy. Getting the skill (and the ingredients for the meds in question) isn't realistic until level ~40 (not to mention the abominable timesink of skilling a craft in and of itself). Your only other suggestions boil down to "get assistance from someone else's high-level character" in one way or another.

Call that what you will, but "helping oneself" it is not. At best, it's "make yourself useful to someone else."
    I chose to ignore that guy because he feels the need to make me look like a moocher and like that makes my point Invalid. The fact of the matter is they told me to go buy that stuff and i pointed out that 30k a stack at low levels? yeah right not happening. I have never asked for anything for free since I started.

Yeah you can ask for high level help but that's my complaint. I don't want to have to ask someone who is max level for help. I would like to be able to handle the mission with people my level or by myself.
    (3)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast