Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Target level ~40. A less-than-full party at that level can take them. And it's easier to find companions as that's a mission common to all nations.

"I did it that way" isn't the same as "the only way."

The only mission I've done that required sneak and invis was in ACP. And S-E is surprised nobody's bothered finishing that one...
    no one does those add-on's now, because their rewards aren't equal the time investment anymore.

people did them when they were new and relevant.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    their rewards aren't equal the time investment anymore.
    And gear is the only reason to do anything in XI.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    And gear is the only reason to do anything in XI.

<Insert Endgame Event> says, "Hi!"
    (1)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Seriously. Guy makes a thread saying shit aggroes on rank missions? Why are you doing rank missions w.o a 75 lol. 2nd. Prism powder/silent oil be invented. 3. Gil is easy to get. 4. News flash, most missions have aggroing mobs. 5. Go level a job and come back and solo it all instead of asking for people to do it for you. Shits not hard. My taru whm with no club or staff skill can solo up to rank 6 lol(just did it).
    (3)

This is a bad thread. There is clearly a level flow problem in the game and everyone seems to think it's the player's fault.
    (3)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Ugh...so much point missing in this thread.

The point here is that the early city missions are geared for people who are new to the game. These missions are the first real content people see. Greeting them with a level 85 monster that an alliance of 20's couldn't kill, it's not a good way of saying hi to them.

This is nothing more than poor planning and bad placement on SE's part, and it should be fixed.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    no one does those add-on's now, because their rewards aren't equal the time investment anymore.

people did them when they were new and relevant.
    Yeah noone does anything just for fun with friends, or for completionist's sake, anymore in XI. Thanks for enlightening me.
    (3)

Character
    Tigeriss
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hey now not all the add-on gear you can get at the finish line is crap. It's crap if you choose it to be. Like the pants you can add movement speed to them and hello that is a major help when you got competition on your butt when trying to out pop others for vnms in aby. >.> yes it is level 70+ gear but man stop and think about the people who actually still use that gear because some off the stuff you can put on it can out perform some of the emp gear if its not plus 2. As for the time investment the ls I am in took one week for each add-on and that was with us slacking. It could probably be done sooner then that now days. Just grab a beast master friend, pup, who ever wants to go and you will fly through them before you know it. Granted I would not deny probably back at level 75 people weren't happy with the gear. Then again some may have been. Mainly IN MY OPINION you should do the add-ons.

Any ways back to the OP topic: I still agree though they need to evaluate the placement of the higher level mobs. The tree was a great way they did it to be honest and if they could carry that same set up throughout the other areas it would make the missions easier for starting new players regardless of needing magic, items, ect. Also how they moved some of the artifact ??? in some places to accomidate the new mobs so why not they think about that in line of missions as well and notify us of the moves.

Yes I had said earlier that having sneak and invis to get around there is a good idea. I even agreed that the farming to get crafting skilled wasn't that hard to do even as a low level. To retouch on that note if there is something you need to help with your crafting there is bound to be a thief in whatever ls you join. Talk to them and become good buddies with them and work out some deals. They farm you the goods, you craft, you guys share the reward type is a good start on that note.
    (1)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreja View Post
    Yeah noone does anything just for fun with friends, or for completionist's sake, anymore in XI. Thanks for enlightening me.
    Lolwut? If you're going to be all technical here and be a "completionist" you should start your completion-mania by completing WHM, RDM, SCH, or DNC and completing the game effectively.
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9