Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Actually, Alchemy is extremely cheap to level up. Especially up to this level.
    You forgot "Level 10/20/30: hike your buttaru out to Bastok to pass the rank examinations, just to get through a low-level Windurst mission."
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    You forgot "Level 10/20/30: hike your buttaru out to Bastok to pass the rank examinations, just to get through a low-level Windurst mission."

Really going to go there? Fine.

Go to the eastern most tower of Horototo Ruins and farm the shit out of Goblin Thugs. They drop Wild Onions. Sell them by the dozens on the auction house until you save up 30k for silent oils/prism powders, and buy them.

Sorry for being helpful. Yeesh.

Edit: hate to see the complaining when Mission 2-3 rolls around and traveling to the other two nations comes into play.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    I wanna note I am not asking for the quests to be made Easier I have no problem at the idea of doing stuff in a party with people my level or having to gain a couple extra levels. But having monsters to where I would need to be max level to fight is just stupid. Also all you saying use sneak/invis from book you have to open doors so that is impossible since the first door you come to you have to lose invis. I don't see why they felt the need to add high level monsters to areas that are lower level anyways.
    that's asking the quests to be easier
    (1)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wanna note I am not asking for the quests to be made Easier I have no problem at the idea of doing stuff in a party with people my level or having to gain a couple extra levels. But having monsters to where I would need to be max level to fight is just stupid. Also all you saying use sneak/invis from book you have to open doors so that is impossible since the first door you come to you have to lose invis. I don't see why they felt the need to add high level monsters to areas that are lower level anyways.
    It does sound like you want things made super easy., Finding it very tough to lose invisible open said door and re-invisible afterward... there is way more things within Vana'Diel that are tough(er) I would suggest getting out now (my opinion).

Example High level mobs;
    Lv.1~30 (IT)
    Lv.31~70(T)
    Lv.71~80(EM)
    Lv.81~95(DC)
    Lv.96~99(EP)
    The game has changed, it is FFXI 2.0 now get over it... (Lv.99cap) and the window for how Mobs /Check has been made of a wider range...

wanna give me the 30k a stack they are selling for?
    Sounds to me you want a handout. Then again there are beggars running around Vana'Diel asking other members for Gil, just makes you one of them but on the forums for everyone see.
    (3)

Player
    Jesus tap-dancing Christ. Why on earth are you people so intent on defending SE's bad level design changes?
    (4)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Nation: Windurst
    Mission: "Lost For Words"
    Areas involved: Windurst Woods, Maze of Shakhrami, Inner Horutoto Ruins, Windurst Walls
    Jobs of involved NPCs (where applicable): THF, BLM, SMN

Excepting the level 80+ goblins and skeletons now roaming the "Beetle's Burrow" portion of Inner Horutoto Ruins, the highest-level aggressive monsters near the places that need to be reached are Maze Scorpions in the Maze of Shakhrami, which are T/VT to the target level of 20; many duos and most trios at the target level won't find fighting their way through too challenging.

As I noted above, in this specific example it is possible to avoid the aggressive level-80+ monsters. However, with regards to storyline and lore, there is (and should be) absolutely, positively no reason to go anywhere near Jeuno or Selbina before any nation's 2-3. Relatively adequate gear is available for sale at these missions' low levels from NPC shops in starting cities or, at the very least, in exchange for CP.

"Go to the Auction House and..." should never be a requirement for any mission.
    (3)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It doesn't matter what level you are, there will always be monsters that are aggressive and can kill you. Sneak and invisible in some form will be required at some point whether you are level 20 or level 99. Every now and again you will also come across true sight/sound monsters. Deal with it.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    It doesn't matter what level you are, there will always be monsters that are aggressive and can kill you. Sneak and invisible in some form will be required at some point whether you are level 20 or level 99.
    Outside of ACP and maybe ASA, name one such mission.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What's up with Max Level Monsters in Lower Level Areas?
    Answer: SE was too lazy to make new high level open areas, so they decided to re-populate disused areas with higher level monsters so that they might be used more. Why make new content when you can recycle old content? (sigh...)
    (1)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Jesus tap-dancing Christ. Why on earth are you people so intent on defending SE's bad level design changes?
    holy sockpuppets batman!

circumspection (sp) <<do you need it?>>
    (1)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast