Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I wanna note I am not asking for the quests to be made Easier I have no problem at the idea of doing stuff in a party with people my level or having to gain a couple extra levels. But having monsters to where I would need to be max level to fight is just stupid. Also all you saying use sneak/invis from book you have to open doors so that is impossible since the first door you come to you have to lose invis. I don't see why they felt the need to add high level monsters to areas that are lower level anyways.
    (6)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I for one disagree with the placement of these higher level mobs, they should not be in low level areas in the first place,I think the programmers should have found a way to use the 3 areas introduced in WoTG for these mobs, I'm sure they could have come up with a nice story line to let you unlock the entrance to them and its not like those 3 places are tiny either
    (4)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    The devs' problem was trying to find a way to allow a player to get all the way to 99 without owning any expansion packs. Overall, this solution works (even if it isn't very elegant), and only needs some fine-tuning.
    (3)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Can do it by financially supporting a complete, high-level/skill stranger a continent away from the nation in question? Yes. Should be required to, especially when there's absolutely no connection to the lore? No.

If a Windurst mission is going to require consumables (and no mission should), it should be food, not medicines.
    LOL really ppl want it to easy most missions you needed consumables before they were nerfed nerfed and nerfed again. Dont wanna use consumables lvl a mage job with snk and invis. Options are available
    (4)

Character
    Astarek
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    to unlock Dragoon you need to have atleast started mission 2-3.

Silent Oil.
    Alchemy (24)
    Crystal: Water
    Yield: 4
    HQ #1: 8
    HQ #2: 10
    HQ #3: 12
    Beeswax x 2
    Slime Oil x 1
    Alchemy (29)
    Yield: 2
    HQ #1: 4
    HQ #2: 6
    HQ #3: 8
    Olive Oil x 1
    Beeswax x 2

Prism Powder
    Alchemy (36)
    Crystal: Light
    Yield: 8
    HQ #1: 10
    HQ #2: 11
    Glass Fiber x 2
    Ahriman Lens x 1
    Alchemy (41)
    Yield: 6
    Artificial Lens x 1
    Glass Fiber x 2
    Alchemy (41)
    Yield: 12
    Trituration x 1
    Triturator x 1
    Glass Fiber x 4
    Artificial Lens x

What New person is gonna have the money / skill level for this? Also Explain to me how to handle true sight/sound monsters please when you can't stealth/sneak yourself past them and can't handle fighting them.
    I think he meant you need to lvl up one of these jobs so u can have snk/ inv etc, u know if u lvl whm at 20 u can get all needed spells, but anyway, i wish I was in ur server to give you a hand .
    good luck!
    (1)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarek View Post
    I think he meant you need to lvl up one of these jobs so u can have snk/ inv etc, u know if u lvl whm at 20 u can get all needed spells, but anyway, i wish I was in ur server to give you a hand .
    good luck!
    its 25, WHM has sneak at lv20 and invis at lv25, so doesn't RDM and SCH
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

What I did on my mule:

Level monk naked solo to lvl ~12.
    Run to Gusgen mines.
    Join a book burn party and stay there until level 30.
    Run to jeuno and start the Dancer quest.
    Follow the guide on the dancer quest to obtain it without having to spend any gil.
    Level dancer solo naked to level ~12.
    Run to Gusgen mines.
    Join a book burn party to reach level 25+.
    Congratulations, you now have sneak and incis and didn't need a single gil for it. You also have enough conquest points for reraise scrolls, and enough tabs for reraise, warps and Circumspection WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN AREAS WITH THE HIGH LEVEL MOBS THAT YOU SPEAK OF AND GIVES YOU SNEAK AND INVIS!

If you're really keen, take your dancer to crawler's nest and reach level 55 to get Chocobo Jig for increased movement speed when you are able to use circumspection.

That is all, enjoy.
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Circumspection WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN AREAS WITH THE HIGH LEVEL MOBS THAT YOU SPEAK OF AND GIVES YOU SNEAK AND INVIS!
    OP is talking about Inner Horutoto Ruins and a mission therein that involves having to open doors.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I just verified that there is an aggro-free path to the Mahogany Door (and the Grounds Tome near it, which makes 3-2 doable). Just take the southern paths and you'll only pass non-aggressive giant bats and beetles.
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    Silent Oil.
    Alchemy (24)
    Yield: 4
    Beeswax x 2
    Slime Oil x 1
    Alchemy (29)
    Yield: 2
    HQ #1: 4
    HQ #2: 6
    HQ #3: 8
    Olive Oil x 1
    Beeswax x 2

Prism Powder
    Alchemy (36)
    Yield: 8
    HQ #1: 10
    HQ #2: 11
    Glass Fiber x 2
    Ahriman Lens x 1
    Alchemy (41)
    Yield: 6
    Artificial Lens x 1
    Glass Fiber x 2
    Alchemy (41)
    Yield: 12
    Trituration x 1
    Triturator x 1
    Glass Fiber x 4
    Artificial Lens x

What New person is gonna have the money / skill level for this? Also Explain to me how to handle true sight/sound monsters please when you can't stealth/sneak yourself past them and can't handle fighting them.
    Actually, Alchemy is extremely cheap to level up. Especially up to this level.

Levels 1~7: Tsurara (Ice Crystal, Rock Salt, Distilled Waterx2). The most expensive part of this is the ice crystals. Rock salt is 14~67 gil a piece, and distilled water is 9~12 gil a piece. So, let's say materials are at a maximum cost, this synth will cost 258g a synth. Makes 10 tsurara, which sell to NPCs for 9~10g a piece. A loss of 158g a synth which is really minor. And if you have the patience, you can sell stacks of 99 for about 3~4k, which will actually be a profit.

Levels 7~12: Poison Dust (Lightning Crystal + 2 Yellow Globes). A bit more expensive, as Yellow Globes are about 10k a stack. Lightning Crystals are about 2k a stack. I would propose saving up 26k (or asking a friend for a temporary borrow) and buying a Halcyon Rod, then grab some Worm Lures and go to the Qufim Island ice pond to fish up Yellow Globes yourself. When you're done with alchemy, you can always sell the rod back and make back the 26k that went into it! Keep dust for later.

Levels 12~16: Mercury (Lightning Crystal + 4 Cobalt Jellyfish). Another fish recipe. Sometimes you can get lucky and buy large quantities of them at the Windurst Fishing Guild for super cheap (24g a piece), but if not, you can always fish them yourself. Easy to catch with Halycon Rod and Fly Lure at Batallia Downs. Keep Mercury for later.

Levels 16~18: Poison Potion (Water Crystal + Poison Dust + Mercury). Should have plenty from the last two steps to make this. Also, this is the guild item to advance to the next stage. Win win win! Keep the rest or sell if you have lots of excess.

Levels 18~22: Poison Dagger (Water Crystal + Dagger + Animal Glue + Poison Potion). Dagger is made with level 20 Smithing (Fire Crystal + Iron Ingot + Bronze Ingot). Can also be bought from NPCs for 1,827~2,111 gil. Also about 3k on the Auction House. However, Poison Daggers are worth about 10k on the Auction House, are used in Alchemy Guild Points, and if worse comes to worse, can be NPCed back for some money.

Levels 22~27: Blinding Potion (Water Crystal + Crying Mustard + Poison Flour + Sleepshroom). Crying Mustard is incredibly cheap (max of 30g) from Benaige in South San d'Oria, and Poison Flour is 515g from Pawkrix in Lower Jeuno. But that's okay, because Sleepshrooms drop like crazy from Grass Funguars in La Theine Plateau. Blinding Potion is used for the next rank up and next synthesis.

Levels 27~32: Blind Dagger (Water Crystal + Animal Glue + Bronze Dagger + Blinding Potion). Bronze Daggers are 140~162gil, so super cheap, and the Blinding Potions should be readily accessible from the previous synth. Animal Glue should be the main concern here (Fire Crystal, 2 Bone Chips, 1 Rabbit Hide, 1 Distilled Water). However, because everyone now parties in Gusgen Mines for levels on end, Bone Chips should be plentiful, and this synth should be very cheap... or at least easy to gather mats for.

Sell the rest of excess materials either on the Auction House or to NPCs. You shouldn't be out too much money. Now you can make Silent Oils and Prism Powders on your own. With money these levels could easily be done in a day. Without money, it will take a bit longer, but you should be able to handle it just fine!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast