Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    hmm might be out of place to bring it up but while you're at it mind reviewing the delay to re engage monsters, the one that was added to defeat 2 handed weapons form bypassing their natural delay by constantly engaging and disengaging.

given the standard TP build based around haste sets this would no longer be an issue.
    (3)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    There is some talk going on discussing what aspects should be prioritized. For example, placing targeting priority on the monster, ???s, treasure caskets, etc. We’d like to know everyone’s feedback and opinions on this matter so we can continue to make the game user-friendly and enjoyable
    Biggest gripe for me is F8 targets things that can't possibly be interacted with in any way, ie. it's out of range for any skill appropriate to it.

Next, in places like Campaign for God's sake stop it targetting defense NPCs while you're trying to target the CA to get tags, etc. .. there are many similar situations, that one just springs to mind. IOW, in this case it should prioritorise 'green' NPCs over white ones.
    (3)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Please leave F8 alone, or allow us to keep it's function of target nearest NPC.

Best thing to do is an option to set it to:
    -Target Nearest NPC (Original function)
    -Target Nearest Enemy
    -Cycle NPC
    -Cycle Enemy
    -Whatever function others may want

F8 is instrumental to how I play the game >.>;;;
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The only thing I would suggest (and please take heed of this): Leave us an option to RETAIN original functionality.

Changing something we've used without problem for the past 10 years on a whim baffles me. If you absolutely have to change it, at least give us the option to keep the original mechanism - provided you do this, I don't care what you do with its 'new functions'

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It was well implemented, but it could still be better. I'd like it if pressing the key repeatedly cycled through applicable targets
    Tab Key.

There's also an option to bind keys to "scroll target left", "scroll target right", "up" and "down" which when set up and used properly covers this request.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 05-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I like F8 as it is : )
    I just wish I could specifically map it to a controller button in the configuration settings.
    (3)

Character
    Esvedium
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Leave it how it is.
    (1)
    Convictions are a more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

While I agree that more fine-tuning would be nice, I think the above suggestions (the ones that want change) are way overkill.

Would suggest just a couple things:

F8 - Behave as current.

Shift-F8 - Target nearest party-targetted monster; if no party-targetted monster, target nearest alliance-targetted monster; if no alliance-targetted monster, target nearest monster. Do not target NPCs or chests or whatnot. Character should not have to be facing the target in order for target to be found, but may want to restrict it to only targets within the camera field of view.

Ctrl-F8 - Target nearest NPC or chest or whatnot. Do not target monsters. Character should not have to be facing the target in order for target to be found, but may want to restrict it to only targets within the camera field of view.
    (4)

Player
    While we're at it, there should be an updated targeting command for macros. <bt> is nearly useless in alliance fights... please give us an alliance enviroment equivalent to <bt>!
    (2)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Tinuviel;313661]While we're at it, there should be an updated targeting command for macros. <bt> is nearly useless in alliance fights... please give us an alliance enviroment equivalent to <bt>![/QUOTE

this is posibly the only change to targeting i could use on a regular basses
    (0)

Character
    Zijder
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'd just like to point out that F7 is redundant (F1 and F7 targets yourself) so leave F8 as is and use F7 as the new and improved target key.

Personally I'd be happy with leaving F8 as target any npc and make F7 target only friendly npc's (npc's, ???'s, chests etc.)
    (3)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast