Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

This is my good bye for now.

After playing this game none stop since around 2004/2005 I have final reached the end.

For now I have lost so much interest in what was the greatest Final Fantasy game I've played.

I might come back one day, after having a very long break from the game.
    But these past month I've hardly spent any time in the game and when I do its only for like an hour or so.

So I'd like to say good by to all my friends in the game.
    And to the Square Enix guys/girls for the great time.

And in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back"
    (5)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Ciao! Have a good time.
    (3)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Have a good break! ^w^

The game goes through cycles of fun. I went about five months between my last steady playtime and my current one, and the only reason I came back was because I needed a stress reliever...
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Take care. Leviathan won't go anywhere, if you ever decide to come back.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dear OP: Nobody that doesn't know you cares if you leave or not. interests rise and fall and it happens to everyone, so there's no need to announce your temporary departure.
    (15)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Dear OP: Nobody that doesn't know you cares if you leave or not. interests rise and fall and it happens to everyone, so there's no need to announce your temporary departure.
    Then why'd you bump the thread? If you want it to go away then that's the last thing you should do.

What's funny is it's often suggested that if people want the game to change they need to take their money and walk away. I think beyond that though, people need to tell SE why they're doing so. Maybe you have the FFXI player feedback forum link or email address handy, but I was kind of under the impression that this is where we were supposed to leave our feedback about the game.

I'd kind of like the OP to go into detail about what's made him lose interest in this game that he has regarded so highly. I find such things interesting and if our devs are willing to listen they might find it educational.
    (29)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well to answer your question Camiie.

I just lost interest in the game.
    I would often login and do nothing and then logout.

There was nothing I wanted to do in game and the ls have grown quite in recent months.
    When I use to ask for help by trying to sort out party's for quest mission or farming etc... I often got told "your a bst solo it your self" (I understand that bst can solo a lot of stuff, but not everything)

I've never been one for end game (too much drama).
    But one thing that I did love about the game was the story and exploring new zones.
    I also love helping out new players, but there seem to be less of them shouting for help these days.
    A lot of people saying nasty things would have stopped them shouting, no doubt.

I've completed all story's but Shantotto.

So I've decided since I am bored of the game, and nothing is keeping me playing.
    I figured that ending it now and saving my money till a time, I can get back in the game was the wise choice to make.

If I was to come back, it would be new expansion pack with a new story, new lands to explore and an adventure that I can go on. (As long as there do not get you running around a zone with a level cap on clicking on objects next to mobs (That was annoying not fun)).

As I said before I have never been one for end game.
    And going around in a large group of people killing bosses dose not interest me.
    I'm more of a small group of people (3 to 6 people) going on adventures, and watching the story of Vana'dile unfold before my eyes.

One thing SE has been good at in all its game is story telling.

But SE has done very well to keep me interested in this game for 7 to 8 years.
    So SE I take my hat of to you, for making one of the best Final Fantasy games I've played since Mystic Quest and Final Fantasy VII.
    (9)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerbasher View Post
    If I was to come back, it would be new expansion pack with a new story, new lands to explore and an adventure that I can go on.
    Then, at best, you'll be waiting until a new roadmap is published in January 2013. Unless you're into TPS reports, of course.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What's funny is it's often suggested that if people want the game to change they need to take their money and walk away. I think beyond that though, people need to tell SE why they're doing so.
    People lose interest in things eventually. Its' not necessarily even anything SE did. Playing the same game for so long will wear on you eventually no matter what content they add. But threads like this tend to bring other people down. If you're going to leave, leave- don't take other people with you, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm mostly in the same boat as the OP even. Just bored, not upset. Still, I'm not going to announce when I cancel my subscription.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Ignore List: learn it, use it, love it.

Blocking signatures is also nice.
    (6)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast