Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Earwig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Stop leeching, start partying

With the recent increase in Fell Cleave parties and pay-to-leech groups, I've been having a harder and harder time finding people who want to put effort into leveling their jobs. Over the past month, it's been next to impossible to start a party anywhere other than worms in La Theine or dolls in Altepa, and not to mention the 45-minute breaks that people like to take in the book burn parties.

Because of this, I'd like to propose a possible solution, which involves a change in the way exp is obtained. Instead of simply being in the same party as the person who finishes the mob, in order to gain exp, a person should have to do something to get on the mob's "hate list" in order to gain exp, in addition to being in the same party as the person who landed the finishing blow.

It's not that I have an issue with people handing over money for free exp. My issue is that so many people have gotten into a habit of doing this that it's exceedingly difficult for players who want to put effort into leveling a job to do so.

Discuss?
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Not this topic again...

You want to hurt everyone just so you can feel better?

You can get fantastic XP with 3~4 people inside Abyssea or GoV. Heck you can solo XP inside abyssea or GoV for better XP then we ever got at 75 era.

No what your angry about isn't you getting XP, or you finding people, it's about other people doing things without you. You want to pull everyone else down to you level and make them play the way you want them to play.

tldr;
    Stop whining and go solo / low man for more XP then you ever got at 75.
    (21)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    I agree completely with the op. Its not about xp. I was saying the other day. the thing you miss most about parties isnt the slow grinding exp, its the community. The laughs, the fun, meeting new people, having the shared experience. Talking!. Its hard to communicate to leechers. The worst thing SE ever did was to allow level 30s into Abyssea. I want to know what exactly can a group of 18 level 30s do in abyssea. I know its like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, but they should have never let anyone under 75 into Abyssea.
    (7)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    I have a solution to learning how to TA on THF. Find a Fell Cleave parties or pay-to-leech groups. Take the mob next to the first leech, learn TA, if the mob wins the first leech take the second one on. Well its how you learnt how to do it in exp parties......The leaders of the group will love you, less work for them. Clears the party out for new leechers.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    This topic has been done countless times before.

Leveling doesn't make you good at your job.
    Leveling doesn't make you learn a job.
    Leveling doesn't guarantee capped skills.
    Leveling slowly was NOT fun.
    Fell Cleaving makes you more social as you can pay, leave it there, and talk to real friends, family etc...
    Bad players will be bad regardless.
    Good players will be good regardless.
    People pay to level because it's easy and because it's cheap when you look at how much money you can make back through Cruor.
    (15)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Earwig View Post
    Because of this, I'd like to propose a possible solution
    (10)

Player
    No. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Not this topic again...
    At least the topic is in a a different forum than usual this time. Innovation!

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    I want to know what exactly can a group of 18 level 30s do in abyssea.
    Nothing, because that is the most ridiculously extreme example possible.

Low-level folks can hold key items for two level 99 folks who are killing things, however, and be extremely helpful by doing so. Many quests in Abyssea can be done at any level. Anyone with a brain and some way to restore HP can be useful at a very low level, given the strange creatures that usually inhabit any kind of pick-up party.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Leveling slowly was NOT fun.
    Good god it was horrible.

BRD RDM WAR MNK SAM or GTFO!

What you want to level your BST ... go away NUUUU XP FOR YOU

How about your SMN ... screw that go away

Hey I'm a good THF ... don't even bother, go away only BRD RDM WAR MNK SAM allowed. Go level a useful job!!!!!

That was XP prior to abyssea, and leaching has just become the natural extension of abyssea @99.
    (8)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With the recent increase in Fell Cleave parties and pay-to-leech groups, I've been having a harder and harder time finding people who want to put effort into leveling their jobs. Over the past month, it's been next to impossible to start a party anywhere other than worms in La Theine or dolls in Altepa, and not to mention the 45-minute breaks that people like to take in the book burn parties.

So no one wants to play your way? Most of the time people don't want to do what I want to either. No one is obligated to play like you or with you just as you aren't obligated to play like or with them. The Circle of Life doesn't involve the earth revolving around you.

Because of this, I'd like to propose a possible solution, which involves a change in the way exp is obtained. Instead of simply being in the same party as the person who finishes the mob, in order to gain exp, a person should have to do something to get on the mob's "hate list" in order to gain exp, in addition to being in the same party as the person who landed the finishing blow.
    So people will set up a bot to cast Dia to get on the hate list. And you don't get credit unless you're in the same party as the person who landed the finishing blow? I want you to stop and think about what could possibly be wrong with that idea. I'm not going to help you.

It's not that I have an issue with people handing over money for free exp. My issue is that so many people have gotten into a habit of doing this that it's exceedingly difficult for players who want to put effort into leveling a job to do so.
    If they're handing over gil it's not free. And, you seem to think that if someone isn't doing things your way, they're not putting the proper effort into a job. That's certainly a common idea amongst people. "If you're not doing it like me you're doing it wrong." It's a common idea, but not a very smart one.
    (5)

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I bolded the part I'd like to address.

If you have to be on the hate list, IE do something to the monster and/or players on the monster, then what happens to people during parties who do not always have time to engage the monster and/or fighting another monster? That is experience they won't get even though they were actively playing. Did you think of that when posting this? What about during worm parties? I know that RNG's were once favored for them because they could one-shot worms. If that's true, then that is 17 people not gaining experience from a single worm. Now if all the DD's are one-shotting, then that is a major problem.

Edit: What about if you're that DD whose fighting a monster and then die? Hate is lost upon death, meaning if you do raise in time for the monster to die you will gain no experience for the work you have done. Would that be fine with you? Losing all the hard work you put into a monster's death only to have it taken away from you? I wouldn't.

I do agree however that people leeching in a normal party sucks. Especially when they are your stun on dolls, or your white mage. I do get a good laugh from self-destruct though. Watching a whole alliance wipe to one doll that wasn't stunned is just epic.
    (7)
    Last edited by Muse; 05-10-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast