Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[dev1088] Beastmaster two-hour abilities

Having read the idea of new two-hour abilities through merits I grew quickly fond of the idea and believe its about time we start to discuss and start some ideas to throw at the dev team regarding some Beastmaster two-hour abilities.

Currently Beastmaster has Familiar which boosts our pets max hp 10% and makes our charmed pets stay charmed the duration of the ability. This ability lasts 30 minutes making it great for beefing up our pets hp for tanking situations.

What do you think would make for a good merited two-hour ability for Beastmaster that will be useful while standing out from Familiar? Additionally how will meriting the ability further boost it? Keep in mind SE may go about these abilities similar to the merited weapon skill abilities were we can only access so many of them at there maximum potential so with that in mind lets try to get ideas out there that would be worth meriting when put up against other potential merited two hours other jobs may obtain.

Lets get some ideas out there!
    (1)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 03-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Familiar only boosts HP +10% and charm duration to 30 minutes.

Augmented Monster Trousers +2 extend the charm duration to 40 minutes and add 10% pet haste.

There are no other stat boosts from familiar.

I had always wanted familiar to unlock additional pet abilities. I want the ones they didn't give us or took away.
    However, that's not really a different 2-hour ability.

As far as something different...

Several things have been mentioned. Having a second pet would be cool. I"ve always been jealous of the NPC beastmasters who have many.

ability to charm a beastman or player could be fun also.

I"m not feeling especially creative atm though. I keep thinking of things like smn's 2-hour or drg's 2-hour.
    (3)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you Xilk for catching my error. I made the changes to my initial posting.

As for 2-hour abilities, I agree that unlocking additional pet abilities would be awesome. Sounds similar to Unbridled Learning only for our pets though more would need to be added to make it 2-hour worthy (in my opinion).

Having two pets would be not only nifty and flavorful but very useful as-well.

Charming a beastman or a player would be fun but with charm stripped from new content if this was made a two hour its uses would be very limited. :/

As much as I'd like to end bringing something new to the table I have been having a shortage on ideas as-well. :x
    (1)

Character
    Lastknight
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    to be honest i think the lost ability's shouldnt be a 2 hour, but rather added as 3 point moves or a remake of the points system to go higher for posible moves. the whole idea of the point system is that it balance the powerfull ability's.
    i just think this idea that leaving out some of the powerfull ability's on the notion it would unbalance bst is nonsense, if the better moves costed 3-5 poibnts and the system was moved to include more points at start but with same slow regen of points u could balance out spamming of said powerfull moves.

the developers argument that to many good moves on 1 pet makes them unbalanced wouldnt be true if they used the system they themselves implemented with points for choice of tp moves, i think the point system was genius and should be expanded not neglected and just say stuff would be unbalanced.

As for Thread topic a new bst 2 hour there are a lot of interesting posibility's

a Stat's increase ability transfering all of the beastmaster Job traits +25% pure stats like str etc and attack /def for 3 min making for a pet mini boost, kinda like a drg 2hour in reverse but taking gear stats into acount.
    Pro's of this would be the addvent of transfeering haste DA/TA etc for 3 min for a super pet, just to make it interesting they could make some bigger moddels when 2 hour is used to make it seem as the pet grows for the 3 min.

Another path could be using new 2 hour to call a special pet thats stronger then avrage jug pets, my wish would be a chocobo since it dosnt exist as pet right now only as mount and it is involved in bst origin story.

Another 2 hour posibility could be unlocking the pet's natural main job 2 hour when using the new bst 2 hour, like say ur pet is thf main, it gets the original thf 2 hour activated on it, although im sure this would be a bit harder to implement it would certainly add utility to pet's as pld pet could invincible, war pet could use the critt 2 hour etc.

im also open to the posibility of more pets through new 2 hour, like u use the 2 hour and u get 2-3 mini versions in addition to regular pet , but it might be hard to make happen as reward etc might have to be recoded, also added pets couldnt have as much hp etc as main, or it would have to be short duration.

of course bst ould steal the smn 2 hour just for regulare monsters, have each family have a special instant attack do massive dmg, so fish/crab might get some water based attack / bird gets wind bassed instant attack / amorphe gets dark based etc,
    making the family pet u have add a special tp move to pet list and give pet 300 tp as 2 hour is used make it be active like 30-300 sec depending on how powerfull these become, mayby make 2 hour effect wear after 3 uses but not use up tp moves points( the monster ability points not the tp itself).

Or the new 2 hour could just be a stats boost to pet for long term duration, like add haste/DA/TA/QA or a level up of curent Job traits under 2 hour effect, so if u have DA on pet it get TA instead of same value %, TH 1 becomes 2 under 2 hour effect
    killer effect go 1 tier up evasion tiers up by 1, or to make it more potent it could jump 2 tiers on job traits for duration.

another posibility is pet mimic, that is to say the pet mimics all attacks bst use for 3-5 min duration like if u use haste samba so does the pet, u use healing waltz so does pet u cast nin shadows so does pet, adding a temp boosted pet with fargreater controll over survivebility, could work kinda like colibri mimic does on magic only on all bst moves transfeered to pet as if u train pet to do tricks.

as for 2 hour that would affect beastmaster himself only:

one that gives beastmaster killer effects terror maxed out stats for 5-10 min activating far more then normaly to para stagger prey.

a 2 hour that gives the master the pet's JT's on top of his own + 25% str/dex etc for shorter duration.

a 2 hour giving the master ability to use beast type ws for the duration of the 2 hour effect, depending on type family pet u have up.( the master can use pet tp moves himself at 100% tp ), as it's a 2 hour blu's shouldnt be to pissed about it.

a 2 hour effect that grants some % of PTD/MDT or just DT and with higher evasion the normal for short period, meant for those times pet dies when timer to call isnt up.

a 2hour area effect that boost master and pet stats as well as other pt members and their pets for short duration, adding haste/DA/TA etc for zerg, lower values then previose mentioned 2hour for pet/master only.

a 2 hour that gives TP regain to master and pet and lowers pet Ws recast timer to 50% of normal, amount regained tp should be 5-10 a tick for duration, duration could be 1-3 min im leaning towards 3 min cause it does take time to build tp even at 10 tp a tick.

a one shot 2 hour like EagleEyeShoot for master's wepon doing massive instant dmg 1 time evry 2 hours, could add some kind of bleed or weakend effect on target for short duration.

a 2 hour that adds crit dmg to master's dmg based on CHR at time of use, or really any stat getting a boost from the CHR we have, or a effect on each attack that debuff enemy depending on CHR like a Enpara/Enfencer ( lower DA/TA/QA % on mob)/Enslow/Envirus it should last aat least 3-5 min for some effect.

a 2 hour that allows master to gain insight into enemy weaknes through the wide scan ability ( add a new button under 2 hour effect) and adds a bonus to using pet of best choice/corelation to weaknes revealed. long time duration 10-15 min at least, pet does more dmg and gains less dmg under effect.

a 2 hour that boost masters HP to 200% and adds a hefty amount of enemity to master as well as a bit of PDT/MDT/defence for purpose of tanking instead of letting pet tank, should last 2-3 min, and have a Nice strong auto-regen on master ( like 15-35hP /tick) should lower attacck a bit as penalty under effect, but mayby add more shield skill for use of shield mayby some shield mastery under effect for maxing blocking. i guess not all of it can be taken onto 1 2hour but some of it would be nice.

anyways i think there is a ton off posebility's for new 2 hours, im a bit surprised not many discuss it.
    (1)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Wow, o.o thats quite the handful of ideas you have. I'm shocked not more people are getting their ideas out about this as-well but I'm happy to see you putting out so many ideas.
    (2)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like the idea of unlocking Jug pets full TP capabilities, this would be alot of recoding on the devs parts but it would make bsts 2 hour a little more interesting and give it more use in multiple situations over just use it at the start and hope the boost does well.

I'd also like to add in changing it up by allowing BSTs using 2 hour with a charmed pet to be able to use snarl and ready (rather than sic). Along with the standard 30 min hold time and 10% HP boost.

Perhaps something along the lines of a +20 to all stats for the pet including attack/acc/Matt/Macc , with an additional 5 hp/ tick regen (not including regen from reward) while in effect.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    New two-hour is a joke:

Kills/Absorbs your pet in order to remove abnormal states and HP, while also granting re-raise.
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think they should change the new bst 2-hour idea.. but if they don't, they should call it 'Cannibalize' !!

Its the red-headed step-child of Spirit Surge and Run Wild (which should have been no regen, but big pet dd boost).
    If Cannibalizing our pets to stay alive is the 2 hour, it will happen as often as cannibalizing a pet or neighbor does now... and w/the same enthusiasm!!

I will never use that ability. I would have be be careless enough to go into a serious fight w/out reraise in the first place. I would rather use familiar first on such a serious fight.

If you are going to give BST Spirit Surge, then keep the same idea as DRG. If I were willing to sacrifice my pet, it would be to get buffed for a zerg fight.

I would still prefer it to unlock a super ready move on pet. if we could skill chain,then pet version of meikyou shisui would be sweet. Otherwise, just a really big move, like a smn bloodpact level for pet.

If they did the new pup 2-hour for bst it would be sweet also. Mighty strikes, 100 fists, invincible, perfect dodge, etc depending on pet job would be cool too.
    (2)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Aother way to look at it is you can use this new ability 4 min after run wild. That way you aren't completely wasting a pet. But that is about all the use I can see out of it.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I really hope the effect icon for this is the same as the food one. Not that I'll ever use it, but at least then it would kind of funny if nothing else. The idea I'd seen I like the most was to have it call a NM-class large mob for a few minutes. If they wanted to keep the more defensive slant, maybe have it give around 3-? finishing move-like charges that get expended as you use Call Beast or Reward, instantly ending their cooldown? If these things are going to be merited, maybe start it at two charges and add one more per merit for a max total of six.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast