Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Joegernaut
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 97

Job Trait Idea for PLD

At the higher levels PLD should get a job trait that allows them to attack with thier shield as apart of their auto attack cycle. It would be kind of like duel wield only with a shield instead of another weapon. The damage would be more then shild bash but there would be no stun effect. Damage, acc, and tp gain would be based on the sheild type and/or shield skill. Delay would not be effected so that it would only be based on the main hand weapon delay.

This would help PLD slightly incease damage output and tp gain while not giving up its defensive capabilities.
    (10)

Yeah, kind of like kick attacks for monk, except you're required to equip a shield.
    (2)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I think I suggested this before, in place of a WAR's DA for PLD, then same as occasional endrain for DRK.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I think I suggested this before, in place of a WAR's DA for PLD, then same as occasional endrain for DRK.
    Really something like this for every job as lvl 99 merits wouldn't hurt. All give an occasional extra attack from something.
    WAR: Cleaving Finish - Occasionally attack with an extra attack that automatically does a critical hit. Requires a one-handed weapon in your main hand. Additional merits increase the likelihood of activating by 1 percent.
    PLD: Shield Finish - Occasionally attack with an extra attack from your shield that stuns the target. Requires a shield equipped. Additional merits increase the likelihood of activating by 1 percent.
    (1)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

I had an idea something like that for NIN where occasionally attack rounds would include shuriken attacks similar to kick attacks. Didn't go over well. ~.^
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I had an idea something like that for NIN where occasionally attack rounds would include shuriken attacks similar to kick attacks. Didn't go over well. ~.^
    Sabateur Finish - Occasionally attack with your currently equipped throwing weapon that blinds in addition to normal damage at the end of a normal attack. Additional merit points increase the likelihood of activation by 1 percent.

I'm just playing around with ideas. Maybe something for MNK to make things interesting.

Back Kick Finish - Occasionally attack with a kick attack that slows the target at the end of a normal attack. This can stack with normal kick attack, performing another attack. Additional merit points increase the likelihood of activation by 1 percent.
    (2)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I always enjoyed the idea of a WS for Pld that incorporated their shield. To suggest this though would probably have to mean new Job specific WSs for all jobs, which could be really awesome, but I don't really see that happening... at all.

Honestly, I think it'd be nice to see some more offensive actions in general for a Pld's shield. Cassandra from Soul Calibur really knows how to shield bash the shit out of her opponents. Perhaps the dev team could take some pointers from her...
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    I always enjoyed the idea of a WS for Pld that incorporated their shield. To suggest this though would probably have to mean new Job specific WSs for all jobs, which could be really awesome, but I don't really see that happening... at all.

Honestly, I think it'd be nice to see some more offensive actions in general for a Pld's shield. Cassandra from Soul Calibur really knows how to shield bash the shit out of her opponents. Perhaps the dev team could take some pointers from her...
    It's awesome stuff like that why I'm taking a break from FFXI, possibly indefinitely. I mean, you look at almost any other FF game, even the old ones on SNES (or Super Famicom), the abilities and spells you normally use on those games have much more to their animation than FFXI. I can understand since it's an MMO there's limitations, but it could seriously use a revamp since it is 10 years old. Even Magic: The Gathering, a trading card game, revamped their mechanics and card design at their 10 year mark.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by GIJO View Post
    At the higher levels PLD should get a job trait that allows them to attack with thier shield as apart of their auto attack cycle. It would be kind of like duel wield only with a shield instead of another weapon...

This would help PLD slightly incease damage output and tp gain while not giving up its defensive capabilities.
    I sort of like this idea, although I suspect one of the immediate challenges would be making the new animation (I don't think shield bash as it is would work, it does not share frames with a swing I believe).
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This was suggested log ago ago with counter-bash. It would be nice if they could bash with their shield automatically. Right now IMHO The recast on shield bash is too high anyway, if it was lowered then it might help plds gain some ground. Unfortunatly, SE doesn't want paladin to do heavy damage and players with relic shields might do too well with auto-bash in their eyes.

What did pld get instead a of extra damage? A shield reflect spell that has a long long recast. Shield mastery that gives them TP from blocking.
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast