Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

[dev 0101] Merits Dual Wield {Can I have it, please?}

When Dev's will stop laughing at NIN and give them a real useful merit beside Ninja Tools Expertise and Subtle Blow?

I want Dual Wield merit for Ninja. WAR can merit Double Attack, MNK can merit Kick Attack rate, THF can merit Triple Attack rate, RNG can merit rapid shot rate, SAM can upgrade Zanshin that work like an extra attack when they miss...

Not a single merit for NIN are improving melee at all, If Dual Wield is impossible (I want to hear the reason on that...), then let us merit, at least, Yonin and Inin.

Ninja are 95% melee in fight and I would like to improve via merit my melee. ALL melee job can improve melee skill via Merit. And don't talk about Sange, I'm tired to read stuff about that useless piece of crap and proved many time that Merit is a waste.

I want Dual Wield Merit!
    (10)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Good luck with that. Dual wield is not an exclusive ninja trait and will upset a lot of folks if it was added to ninja merits. Maybe it could be implemented in the 'Other' merit category, but I doubt it'll happen. But hey, you guys doubted Sange would get an update, some even said they quit if it did. I see their word is not their bond. As SE has shown with their random adjustment scatter gun, anything can happen.

So what are your suggestions on DW merits? Yonin? Innin?

I had some ideas for Yonin and Innin in other threads where merits where used to add an effect that would enhance Yonin/Innin stances. But I am certain you'd be uninterested.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Good luck with that. Dual wield is not an exclusive ninja trait and will upset a lot of folks if it was added to ninja merits. Maybe it could be implemented in the 'Other' merit category, but I doubt it'll happen. But hey, you guys doubted Sange would get an update, some even said they quit if it did. I see their word is not their bond. As SE has shown with their random adjustment scatter gun, anything can happen.

So what are your suggestions on DW merits? Yonin? Innin?

I had some ideas for Yonin and Innin in other threads where merits where used to add an effect that would enhance Yonin/Innin stances. But I am certain you'd be uninterested.
    It is however the trait NIN has the highest tier in.

That said, No thanks!
    (1)

Yeah I don't see SE adding a merit for DW to increase our delay reduction even more.

However they could add a merit so that when Dual Wielding we have increased STP or something odd like that. But why?
    (0)
    that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Good luck with that. Dual wield is not an exclusive ninja trait
    It was exclusive to NIN for 80% of FFXI's life.
    If any job gets it, it would be ninja.

That said, the problem with NIN won't be fixed by adding more dual wield. A decently geared NIN with just haste is already at 70%~ delay reduction, and 80% is the cap. Once you add any form of real buffs you quickly exceed the delay cap and then need to build gear sets around what your SCHs enhancing skill is, and how much "+1 to march" your bard has. And carrying around and using 20 sets of TP gear is just annoying. The best and easiest way to help NIN would be the things SE could do to fix all the 1 handed jobs. Use the 2 handed str/dex conversion to att/acc for 1 handed jobs as well past level 75, increase the base damage of 1 handed weapons by a good 30%, let innin be used if subbed, and let it work from anywhere, not just when youre directly behind the mob. If SE did ALL of this, NIN melee damage would still be behind SAM WAR DRK but it wouldn't be so far behind.

The especially funny part of this, is that NIN's damage output is so far behind other jobs, and there's actually people who insist it's useful to use throwing weapons so they can end up EVEN MORE behind.
    (11)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    It was exclusive to NIN for 80% of FFXI's life.
    If any job gets it, it would be ninja.

[...]

The especially funny part of this, is that NIN's damage output is so far behind other jobs, and there's actually people who insist it's useful to use throwing weapons so they can end up EVEN MORE behind.
    That exactly what I would like to see. Maybe Dual Wield merit could have "Attacks made while dual wielding occasionally add an extra attack". (isn't that way the +2 bonus work?).

If not why not improving Innin/yonin via merits?

Innin merit: -Enhances attack and critical hit rate with each successive melee attack you land
    -Adds Double Attack.

Yonin: Increase effect of enmity boost?

I probably didn't make the best starting post about how to improve melee, but I wish we can find solution that will help improving our melee skill.
    (2)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

IIRC the +2 augments dual wielding by adding extra attack made with the offhand weapon only; hence "dual" wielding.

Also, the augment Innin found on the +2 already adds Double/Triple attk effect.

And regarding Yonin, "if you need more enmity you must be doing something wrong" is what you cult-ninjas would say if one of us were to suggest adding more enmity to stuff.

Instead of adding merits that pretty much are just copies of traits/enhancements we already have, why not try thinking up something more useful. I guess the Innin merit would be useful, by that I mean it would allow other options for the head slot that is assuming Augments Innin head piece needs to be equipped for the duration of the ability and not just the activation. Can any one clear that up? Does Iga Zukin need to be full timed for the augment effect or does macro only work?
    (2)
    that's what

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind Innin merits adding crit damage.
    (1)

may allow the 20% chance to affect ws maybe would be nice that way nins would be more incentive to lower enmity gain for higher ws dmg.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 30
    Awesome thread title lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast