Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Agerknux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Blue Magic Set and Unbridled

I checked the Japanese forums and noticed Foxclon saying something in regards to the reason for the 20 spell limit and how Unbridled Knowledge came about.

Could we get a proper translation of the message?

Also I believe it was not addressed but is currently in discussion about Unbridled Knowledge's long recast. Currently all the spells tied to this job ability are mainly underpowered or broken. Wouldn't the recast make more sense if it was 2 minutes?
    If not, the potency of these spells definitely need to be reexamined.
    (3)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I concur, most of those spells, with the exception of harden shell, bloodrake, and absolute terror, are kind of sad.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Absolute Terror and Harden Shell are atrocious. Bilgestorm (DEF down that works), Gates of Hades (Substantial decrease in monster's magic resistance and nuking power), and Bloodrake are the only good ones, and "good" is being very liberal with the word, as all three of them are still rather miniscule in power due to effect durations or other issues. There's no reason for any of these spells to be on a 5min timer at the moment.
    (3)

Player
    What I can gleam from the Japanese post, given what I know about the shortcomings of both Google Translate and the Development Bros, is "We're not that good at making things thus we would have to summon a demon and feed it a virginal intern in order to make setting more than 20 spells possible."

They then gave some reasons for this or maybe talked about which moral weaknesses the demon needed has dominion over. This part is less clear since Google translate sucks and it's not an idea we've already heard a hundred dozen times.

Unbridled learning is mentioned towards the end. I assume this mention of Unbridled Learning was in the context of breaking the 20 spell barrier rather most Unbridled Learning spells being even more disappointing than being touched by my wiener.
    (2)

Character
    Agerknux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Absolute Terror and Harden Shell are atrocious. Bilgestorm (DEF down that works), Gates of Hades (Substantial decrease in monster's magic resistance and nuking power), and Bloodrake are the only good ones, and "good" is being very liberal with the word, as all three of them are still rather miniscule in power due to effect durations or other issues. There's no reason for any of these spells to be on a 5min timer at the moment.
    I agree, they are great, but not 5-minute-cool-down great.
    Either UK will need to see a significant time reduction OR the spells themselves will need to see a very large increase in damage and utility.
    (0)

Absolute terror isnt so bad to be honest when your in a solo situtation it lands alot only some mobs are immune to the sound based spell but its duration is 20 seconds pretty much dead on, over cap it comes in handy when is terro never good <abyssea, Vw>
    (0)

Player
    Last I checked it doesn't land on weak NMs, so that makes it a bad Lunge.
    (2)

if you fighitng a nm why would you want to use terror id be using bigle storm.. absolute is a minor spells for leser mobs at least that is where it shines better than any other UL spell since mp wise/duration.
    (0)

Player
    20 second terror every 5 minutes on weak mobs... not sure why you haven't figured out why this is pretty pathetic.
    (2)

you going to waste 269 mp "bigle storm" on a even match when it dies in 20-60 seconds or 20 mp to terror lock it? maybe you should figure that out?
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast