Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Change character(s) name(s) service.

It's been bugging me for a while so here it goes:

Since servers merged for whatever reason it happened, it seems that Square Enix blatantly didn't matter that we lost our favorite characters name, making us adding letters, omit them or just simply change the name. I'm sure there are people that got very upset because of that.

So my request is simple, because the Olympus aka SE didn't care whatsoever on forcing/making us change our character(s) name(s) on merges and also MANY of the characters names we want is on an account that is deactivated years ago (1 or 1 1/2 years or more) Make those names available to use again and we being able to pay a fee to change names.

I'm not asking for those accounts to be deleted, just that since it's so easy to them making us change our names we should be able to get a really cool name that a person that stopped playing 5 years ago (and probably don't think on coming back at all) be available again so players that we love the game and don't want a lolname can pick it.

If those guys come back they can have a name change like we all players had to do when we merged with other servers. So no data loss.

1 year and a half is reasonable but of course it can be longer.

Before troll begins also I'm pretty aware that changes like this can carry on other people being disagree (ppl stealing stuff and such) but hey, it's a free country lol. Also bs has happened before when we had to merge so is not big deal imo, people got used to, also f****rs and m***ns are everywhere, they shine again no matter they changed servers or made new chars.

P.S. I like my char's name btw, before some smart pants start with that
    (5)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 05-01-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    It's been bugging me for a while so here it goes:

Since servers merged for whatever reason it happened, it seems that Square Enix blatantly didn't matter that we lost our favorite characters name, making us adding letters, omit them or just simply change the name. I'm sure there are people that got very upset because of that.

So my request is simple, because the Olympus aka SE didn't care whatsoever on forcing/making us change our character(s) name(s) on merges and also MANY of the characters names we want is on an account that is deactivated years ago (1 or 1 1/2 years or more) Make those names available to use again and we being able to pay a fee to change names.

I'm not asking for those accounts to be deleted, just that since it's so easy to them making us change our names we should be able to get a really cool name that a person that stopped playing 5 years ago (and probably don't think on coming back at all) be available again so players that we love the game and don't want a lolname can pick it.

If those guys come back they can have a name change like we all players had to do when we merged with other servers. So no data loss.

1 year and a half is reasonable but of course it can be longer.

Before troll begins also I'm pretty aware that changes like this can carry on other people being disagree (ppl stealing stuff and such) but hey, it's a free country lol. Also bs has happened before when we had to merge so is not big deal imo, people got used to, also f****rs and m***ns are everywhere, they shine again no matter they changed servers or made new chars.

P.S. I like my char's name btw, before some smart pants start with that
    1.) Be more original with names and this wont happen.
    2.) After the last merger, wherein everyone pissed and moaned about thier own inability to put any forthought into thier own names, SE gave in and allowed those people a second chance at changing thier names.
    3.) Those people have the same right to thier names as you feel you do. They were not the ones that got merged. Are you saing you have the right to take thier names that they had first away from them?
    4.) Before anyone starts yammering about "I want a name change feature," SE already said no.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    1.) Be more original with names and this wont happen.
    Lol it is not a matter or being original or not, if that were the case, there won't be a lot of John's or Kelly's just to take an example on rl names, of course you can use "romaji-japanese" to make your in-game char name, but some other ppl like to use more common names. But yah, people can name his/her char "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and that is original and prolly won't have a clone name in other servers, lol. Or like RTM's smash-the-kb names like "Klkajskl".

2.) After the last merger, wherein everyone pissed and moaned about thier own inability to put any forthought into thier own names, SE gave in and allowed those people a second chance at changing thier names.
    So, "SE gave in" ?? *gasps* then what happened with that "SE already said no" in your last statement ? :-o

3.) Those people have the same right to thier names as you feel you do. They were not the ones that got merged. Are you saing you have the right to take thier names that they had first away from them?
    Yep yep, as SE had the right take other players right to keep their own names on merges, yup. Especially on accounts that has been ages deactivated.

4.) Before anyone starts yammering about "I want a name change feature," SE already said no.
    If they say no, doesn't take my feelings and my right away to say I disagree. As you are entitled to say what you feel on this forum, yep is a free community. And if they "gave in" it means they are no deaf on players requests.
    (1)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 05-01-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It isn't as easy as it seems.

Firstly, you've got AH history that would have to change to reflect the appropriate character (unless you're trying to hide your 3,500,000G purchase of a Flame Sword or something... <_<

The same problem with any signed armor.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, is what happens when the name you want to change to is already taken by someone else?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    It isn't as easy as it seems.

Firstly, you've got AH history that would have to change to reflect the appropriate character (unless you're trying to hide your 3,500,000G purchase of a Flame Sword or something... <_<

The same problem with any signed armor.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, is what happens when the name you want to change to is already taken by someone else?
    Thanks for replying ^_^

Database talking (and a decent db imo) doesn't have a name as the Key ID, I believe is the PoL ID or something. So it won't be as painful to do that. It duplicates easily.

Signed armor is not related/linked anymore with the character at very moment you end up crafting it, only sad thing would be that you will have to remake that gear again with the new name for your friends but i'm sure they can live with that, esp with HQ crafts hehe.

If the name you want is on an account that is active there is nothing you can do. Idea is for those accounts that has been gathering dust for years and years with names that other ppl would like to put on their chars. ^_^
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    Database talking (and a decent db imo) doesn't have a name as the Key ID, I believe is the PoL ID or something. So it won't be as painful to do that. It duplicates easily.
    No database in the history of man has a string as Key ID. If it does, the entire technical department of said company should be fired.

Secondly, why would they need to change AH history, or signed items? Leave them as is. The same way they are left as-is when someone transfers server or quits the game.

There's absolutely no reason SE couldn't implement this, and if there are any reasons - none of them are logistical.

The only thing this proves is that SE aren't out to make a quick buck like people seem to suggest. If they were - this feature would fly like hotcakes.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    No database in the history of man has a string as Key ID. If it does, the entire technical department of said company should be fired.

Secondly, why would they need to change AH history, or signed items? Leave them as is. The same way they are left as-is when someone transfers server or quits the game.

There's absolutely no reason SE couldn't implement this, and if there are any reasons - none of them are logistical.

The only thing this proves is that SE aren't out to make a quick buck like people seem to suggest. If they were - this feature would fly like hotcakes.
    Exactly.

All accounts are ID (number) based.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    isn't the fact they dont want too/have too a good enouph reason?
    (0)

Player
    Lol, Yep pretty much, however, the point is that there are no restrictions whatsoever to not implement that.

Lol don't look at me on that one, there is no problem on that either.

I don't know if I agree with you on that one, SE whims comes and goes lol (we see it clearly on game tweaks and such), and actually they could of make some good profit out of it. Like world transfers. Not getting into details but, as you said, none of the restrictions they can meet are logistical/data related. Prolly tough at first to implement the code.

But if there are pancakes involved, I'm down lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 05-02-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    isn't the fact they dont want too/have too a good enouph reason?
    Who knows what happens on the Olympus gods' minds. We should ask the Oracle... (not the DB :P)

But if they "don't want" is a pretty lame reason imo.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast