Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feature request Linkshell chat

It would be nice to be able to see the Linkshell chat of each linkshell you have much like you can on FFXIV.

For example if you have 3 linkshells you can see the LS chat in all 3. Although you have to equip each one to talk in them.

Please consider adding this feature.
    (7)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I realy disliked that feature.
    (6)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That would be awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hell to the no
    (1)

If it was up to me, and I realise it isn't but whatever, I'd do away with linkshells in their entirety and replace it with channels. City of Heroes has a good way of dealing with this, allowing you to set up filters and individual chat tabs to talk to your various channels and read what's going on. The whole idea of having to 'equip' a channel was dated even when this idea was first conceived, especially since linkshells are little more than itemized chat rooms.

Players often join multiple linkshells, but to see what's going on in any one of them they have to constantly swap them around. They also have to use up their own inventory space just to equip it! How hard can it really be to set up a channel system that virtually every other MMO has so that players can multi-task a little?
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    FFXI is so behind on chat implementation it's ridiculous. It was even for its release. Linking chat servers to game servers alone was a design choice I can't at all comprehend. This would be very much appreciated by many people. Also, Seiowan's suggestion.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    People still type to speak to their LS mates? o.O
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The people that can write and read do, others are basically 12 years old kids that are not worth our time.
    (3)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    The people that can write and read do, others are basically 12 years old kids that are not worth our time.
    lolwut? i spend 99% of my time on vent with my ls i rarely have to type to them unless its a tell.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    Players often join multiple linkshells, but to see what's going on in any one of them they have to constantly swap them around. They also have to use up their own inventory space just to equip it! How hard can it really be to set up a channel system that virtually every other MMO has so that players can multi-task a little?
    Given how afraid the devs were of the yell feature lagging the game up, I'd hate to see what the underlying code for their chat message handling is like.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast