Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Player Oakrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    131
    Character
    Oakozric
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    the RMT Auction house idea is basically a smart move on Blizzard. RMT Will happen rather its sanctioned by the game or not. Them making their own RMT Auction House basically cuts out the need for such a thing to come up "illegally".
    Well said.
    (1)

  2. #22
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    5,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Well said.
    It's a smart move for blizzard, but not for the players who don't want to pay real money for normal items.

    Basically instead of wasting money trying to stop it, they're collecting money by allowing it. That doesn't make it any less of a POS.

    Why would you microscope that financial outlet? You don't think the federal reserve or the world banks are 'gray'?
    i suppose your argument is "since when did regulations stop anybody?" but it sounds like you really don't know what companies like PayPal are able to do when they operate essentially like a bank but aren't subject to the same rules and laws as one. Watch Blizzard freeze your legitimately earned assets because they don't like how your favorite color is purple when you go to cash out your account.

    You are certainly the minority
    That's because the majority either aren't even aware of the feature or don't understand the reprecussions of it or the precedent it sets.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-06-2012 at 01:23 AM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  3. #23
    Player Oakrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    131
    Character
    Oakozric
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's a smart move for blizzard, but not for the players who don't want to pay real money for normal items.
    Purchasing items for real money is not a requirement, it's an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    i suppose your argument is "since when did regulations stop anybody?" but it sounds like you really don't know what companies like PayPal are able to do when they operate essentially like a bank but aren't subject to the same rules and laws as one.
    Re-read what I wrote previously. The point is, no bank operates like a bank by your definition - the entire international framework is sketchy as &*^%. When the 2007-20012 financial collapse occurred, it wasn't from gateways like Paypal and other commercial factions like Blizzard, it was from the very people who set international bank standards, and then broke them (remember sub primes, "loan-swaps", and other absolutely foolish ways to take advantage of the few?). There's no point in singling them out as if the flaws were not inherent - what you're suggesting is out of context.
    (3)

  4. #24
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    5,187
    Purchasing items for real money is not a requirement, it's an option.
    It's not an option when everyone starts using the real money AH because who doesn't want to make real money from their loot? *browses AH* Ooh, look at that awesome swo- oh nevermind, that guy wants $100 for it.

    Re-read what I wrote previously. The point is, no bank operates like a bank by your definition - the entire international framework is sketchy as &*^%. When the 2007-20012 financial collapse occurred, it wasn't from gateways like Paypal and other commercial factions like Blizzard, it was from the very people who set international bank standards, and then broke them (remember sub primes, "loan-swaps", and other absolutely foolish ways to take advantage of the few?). There's no point in singling them out as if the flaws were not inherent - what you're suggesting is out of context.
    umm, yeah, I'm just ignoring you right now. I don't need you to tell me that many of our nation's (and the world's) banks are farked up. That doesn't change the fact that paypal (and now blizzard) get to hold and handle your money like a bank without even having to think about much less obey banking laws. Yes, those regulations are flawed and allowed financial institutions to do stupid things that farked up the world's economy- but those regulations don't even CONSIDER companies like PayPal, who might freeze your account if they don't like the color of the shirt your best friend was wearing last night. That's a lot different from offering a bad loan.

    I don't know where you got this idea that I'm blaming the financial collapse on these companies. They don't have to cause a collapse to be just as crappy and bad as any bank.
    (1)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  5. #25
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004
    Character
    Karbuncle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's not an option when everyone starts using the real money AH because who doesn't want to make real money from their loot? *browses AH* Ooh, look at that awesome swo- oh nevermind, that guy wants $100 for it.
    Sounds like an assumption to me, Is that the only argument you have? Its not a very good one. You should reconsider. Considering the game isn't even out, You're faulting a system that doesn't exist yet and we have no idea how it will pan out. Blizzard has taken measure to ensure both Auction Houses should be used roughly the same.

    RMT exists in every game, and still the Auction Houses in those games run just fine. RMT Being sanctioned or not won't stop players from using the in-game Auction House. The Super-Rare items will probably hit the RMT AH before the real AH, But thats "Inferno" Mode level stuff, Which you should really just play Inferno mode to get anyway instead of buying it ya lazy bumb.
    (4)

    inb4pchanBGrantsandmonchatriddinghiseveryword

  6. #26
    Player Oakrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    131
    Character
    Oakozric
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not an option when everyone starts using the real money AH because who doesn't want to make real money from their loot? *browses AH* Ooh, look at that awesome swo- oh nevermind, that guy wants $100 for it.

    umm, yeah, I'm just ignoring you right now. I don't need you to tell me that many of our nation's (and the world's) banks are farked up. That doesn't change the fact that paypal (and now blizzard) get to hold and handle your money like a bank without even having to think about much less obey banking laws. Yes, those regulations are flawed and allowed financial institutions to do stupid things that farked up the world's economy- but those regulations don't even CONSIDER companies like PayPal, who might freeze your account if they don't like the color of the shirt your best friend was wearing last night. That's a lot different from offering a bad loan.

    I don't know where you got this idea that I'm blaming the financial collapse on these companies. They don't have to cause a collapse to be just as crappy and bad as any bank.
    Your just rambling here, you're all over the place.
    (2)

  7. #27
    Player Tsukino_Kaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,029
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    9 more days.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    5,187
    Sounds like an assumption to me, Is that the only argument you have? Its not a very good one.
    Yes, it's an assumption, but i see it as highly probable. Blizzard is making it look easy to earn money while playing. Who's not going to try that?

    Your just rambling here, you're all over the place.
    That's what happens when you're talking to someone spouting irrelevant nonsense. I bring up how blizzard is basically turning into a shady financial institution and you want to talk about the world economic collapse. We're not even in the same ball park.
    (1)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  9. #29
    Player Tsukino_Kaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,029
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Except thet Blizzard has stated that they have so much money that they can just not release D3 if they wanted. an you blame them for wanting a slice of teh RMT market? Every other online gaming company is waiting white knucked right now to see how this AH will play out. It can end up being a huge thing to the market.
    (2)

  10. #30
    Player Rohelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    129
    Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was interested in Diablo 3 too. then i got done with guild wars 2 beta and i dont care for diablo OR ffxi anymore ^^ cant wait til launch
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast