Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    but it seems to me they should just look at making a second Abyssea, "Abyssea 2.0". All new items, new stuff to collect
    Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, but a new round of Abyssea zones will kill this game much quicker than its current content development cycle.

There was a lot of people who liked it - and I did upon its release for a while. The ultimate problem is that Abyssea was a mediocre attempt at revitalizing the game. Square Enix can do much better, and if you're happy to settle for another 3 zones full of boring mobs all of which can be brewed ergo no real challenge - then good for you, but I'll be spending my money elsewhere if it comes to that... again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 05-07-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KorPoni View Post
    Also, there's other beastmen besides goblins. There's also gigas.
    And Tonberries.

Quote Originally Posted by KorPoni
    Though I completely agree with you. Abyssea was devoid of alot of beastmen tribes.
    Agreed.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There was a lot of people who liked it - and I did upon its release for a while.
    The problem with abyssea is not abyssea itself- It was very successful content. The problem is, abyssea is a power playground. While you're there, you have enormous power that you dont have outside of it. No new content has been able to compare, largely because you feel weaker when you're doing it, taking the buzz away. Thus, on a technical level, the only way to surpass abyssea is to make more content that's similar (or at least uses the things you've gained form it already)

That's what was 'failiure" about it- the fact that they can't really top it.
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok, so this is going to BLOW YOUR MIND, but other video games have actually been released in the past ten years, FFXI players have happily played those games and kept coming back to this one, and Diablo 3 is most likely not going to be some sort of life-changing experience that will make you swear off FFXI, alcohol, and milk chocolate.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    in the past ten years, FFXI players have happily played those games and kept coming back to this one
    Most came back, and any shortfall was offset by new players.

Now, less come back with every new game, and even the number of new players is dwindling. Compelling new games serve as a "detox" period for FFXI players, and there's just not as much reason to fall off the wagon again afterward.

Think of every new major RPG-ish release as a spin at Russian Roulette...
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, I don't blame them. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck. And I'm waiting white knuckled too, because I don't want to see this in any other game. It will set an awful precedent.

Does anyone remember when games were actually about substance? Remember when developers threw out extra content in free patches? remember when if you actually paid for extra content, that it was actually substantial? Remember when you could play a game without feeling compelled to fork over a dollar here, 50 cents there after already paying $50 for a game?

You certainly don't seem to be dissapointed about this- Looks like you, like too many people, have been fully conditioned to accept real money transactions in any game.

In short, pay-to-win.
    You are arguing the wrong point entirely. I'm not buying extra content off of some guy. Blizzard is not sell you extra content. This is not an expansion. This dose not inhibit the companies willingness to add content. This game is not pay to win. Nor have I been conditioned in any form. Your ranting about something that doesnt' exist here. Is what this is, is a venue in which you can freely sell digital items to other players, not from the company.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5