Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Square-Enix should have made FFXIV into an offline console RPG with an Online Co-Op mode, and instead make a sequel to FFXI, as Final Fantasy XI-2. It could have done better with the FFXI audience this way and avoided a lot of issues.
    (2)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 05-07-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Best thing that XI can really do in the current market is go free to play with some kind of cash shop set up. It'd likely turn out more profitable for them and we won't have to pay monthly for the crappy service we've been getting; the content that we've been getting lately, and what's been outlined in the next 6-month timeline, isn't worth $12.95/mo. Quite evident that we're being milked at this point.
    (4)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 05-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yes, it's an assumption, but i see it as highly probable. Blizzard is making it look easy to earn money while playing. Who's not going to try that?
    The same hundreds of thousands of people who don't RMT in current MMO's where RMT is in. I.E All of them. Sanctioning RMT isn't going to get everyone to RMT.

Firstly, Some items won't even be worth putting on the RM AH, as no ones going to pay a 2$ Fee to put up an item worth 1$. Second, If you put it on the RM AH, and it doesn't sell, You've wasted money. the RM AH Is going to be a lot about testing the water until a suitable price appears for an item. the In-Game AH Will still likely be stocked with most items. Again, the only things the RMT AH Will likely ever see are Hell/Inferno Mode drops, the other stuff, the stuff 75% Of the Player Base will settle for, Will likely hit the in-game AH.

At the end of the day, You're still basing it off an assumption. To be truthful, when i first heard about the RMT Auction house. I just sat there and laughed at how far blizzard would go to pump more money out of its fanbase. The i realized regardless of how we may feel, they're a company, and them sanctioning RMT actually help prevents "illegal" RMT, Won't stop it completely, but it reduces it, Which I enjoyed the idea of.

Since you know, I don't enjoy when in Diablo II i get dozens of Whispers telling me to go buy their sh*t, Or in FFXI where i get Cheljsduakujhfchangpowohq telling me to visit GirForyou to un-nood myself.
    (5)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The big money will actualy be in leveling hardcore characters to 60 and selling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Since you know, I don't enjoy when in Diablo II i get dozens of Whispers telling me to go buy their sh*t, Or in FFXI where i get Cheljsduakujhfchangpowohq telling me to visit GirForyou to un-nood myself.
    D2 has filters to stop that.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    The big money will actually be in leveling hardcore characters to 60 and selling them.D2 has filters to stop that.
    In my defense, i was like, 13? So ... 9 Years ago... Did they have filters on it way back then? If so, I didn't know about them XD. I thought it was new.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    In my defense, i was like, 13? So ... 9 Years ago... Did they have filters on it way back then? If so, I didn't know about them XD. I thought it was new.
    It wasn't until after that second mass deletion.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Except thet Blizzard has stated that they have so much money that they can just not release D3 if they wanted. an you blame them for wanting a slice of teh RMT market? Every other online gaming company is waiting white knucked right now to see how this AH will play out. It can end up being a huge thing to the market.
    No, I don't blame them. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck. And I'm waiting white knuckled too, because I don't want to see this in any other game. It will set an awful precedent.

Does anyone remember when games were actually about substance? Remember when developers threw out extra content in free patches? remember when if you actually paid for extra content, that it was actually substantial? Remember when you could play a game without feeling compelled to fork over a dollar here, 50 cents there after already paying $50 for a game?

You certainly don't seem to be dissapointed about this- Looks like you, like too many people, have been fully conditioned to accept real money transactions in any game.

Again, the only things the RMT AH Will likely ever see are Hell/Inferno Mode drops, the other stuff, the stuff 75% Of the Player Base will settle for, Will likely hit the in-game AH.
    In short, pay-to-win.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Which is absolutely no different from any other online that has RMT activity. What's your point?
    (1)

Character
    Karinya
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Remember when developers threw out extra content in free patches?

Why, how much did you pay for Legion and half a dozen new tiers of Voidwatch?

It doesn't take much memory to remember things that are still going on...
    (0)

I'm not sure if your specifically talking about the D3 RM AH but...

Firstly, Some items won't even be worth putting on the RM AH, as no ones going to pay a 2$ Fee to put up an item worth 1$.
    There is a flat $1.00 fee + 15% of the listed items cost.
    Second, If you put it on the RM AH, and it doesn't sell, You've wasted money.
    "These fees will only be charged if your auction successfully sells, and will automatically be deducted from the item’s final selling price."
    See: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...n-house/how-to
    I completely agree!
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast