MNK improvements

My take on Monk improvements

Kiai
    Shares ability timers with boost
    Enhances Chi blast and Chi Wave
    Effect: Enhances Chiblast and Chi wave in far superior ammounts then Boost

Chi Wave
    Shares Ability Timers with Chi blast
    Delivers a Chi attack to all enemies arround the player. Additional Effect: Knock back
    Effect: deals 75% of current Chiblast damage value to all enemies within a 5 yalm radius of the player.

Combat Movement
    Shares Ability timers with Dodge
    Can be used on any target player or NPC within 25 yalms
    Instantly moves monk to target.

Pressure Strike
    Shares ability timers with Focus
    Delivers a Secret blow, crippling enemy Defensive abilites.
    Duration 30seconds for NM 60 seconds for normal monsters.
    Effect: Prevents Monster defensive actions (evade, counter, parry, shield block)

Restricted Stance
    Shares ability timers with counterstance
    Enhances Guarding rate, and guarding skill up rate. lowers attack speed.
    Effect. Removes the effect of martial arts, but severely increases guarding rate and guarding skill up rates.
    (1)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    My take on Monk improvements

Combat Movement
    the only uses I see getting outta this is to glitch out of Bind Lock or get access to an area for free if they forgot a key or something.... if your thoughts are using it to say get between an NM and a WHM there would need to be some restriction like cant use it to instantly climb a ledge or blink through a door
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i meant it as a for fun type of skill
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    kiai: nice!
    chi wave: knoked back mob come back and get out of counter range=> you need to reposition yoursel=> no!
    pressure strike:nice
    restricted stance: use it to cap lol guard, never touch it again
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    chi wave was meant to be an oh Crap i linked and im gonna die, Wave > run like hell, or a "crap i cant get utsusmei ichi up"
    also with Restricted stance, it would be probably one of the best damage mitigating abilities in the game once your skill was capped, it would be far more viable to use then counterstance should you ever draw the attention of anything over VT, counterstance would still be the way to go for anything lower level tho.
    (0)

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We will be implementing these abilities in the version update scheduled for June 16th, 2037
    (4)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peldin View Post
    We will be implementing these abilities in the version update scheduled for June 16th, 2037
    For balance purpose, we will have to balance those abilities ment for level 299 MNK with old level 15 abilities. As a result, we were unable to make kiai stronger than chi blast.
    (1)

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    For balance purpose, we will have to balance those abilities ment for level 299 MNK with old level 15 abilities. As a result, we were unable to make kiai stronger than chi blast.
    And due to PS2 limitations, not laziness, we were unable to add these suggestions or any future suggestions you might have, but please keep trying
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Kiai
    Enhances Chi blast and Chi Wave
    Effect: Enhances Chiblast and Chi wave in far superior ammounts then Boost
    I would say this:

Enhances Chi blast, Chakra and Boost
    Effect: Chi blast Chakra and Boost have an area effect.

Chi-Blast becomes like the chi-wave mentioned below with stun effect instead of knockback.

Chakra has area effect that can also erase some statues of nearby allies.

Boost gains an area effect with a subtle blow bonus.

Chi Wave
    Shares Ability Timers with Chi blast
    Delivers a Chi attack to all enemies arround the player. Additional Effect: Knock back
    Effect: deals 75% of current Chiblast damage value to all enemies within a 5 yalm radius of the player.
    Instead of knock back a type of stun.

Combat Movement
    Why not call this Shukuchi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shukuchi

Not the best way to do this. My suggestion would be a to make 5 second super sprint flee like effect 100-300% movement to that target like a /follow with flee.

Pressure Strike
    Shares ability timers with Focus
    Delivers a Secret blow, crippling enemy Defensive abilites.
    Duration 30seconds for NM 60 seconds for normal monsters.
    Effect: Prevents Monster defensive actions (evade, counter, parry, shield block)
    Wait, Why not just call this Dim Mak?

Dim Mak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_of_Death

"It is obvious that when some combinations of points in acupuncture are able to help somebody by dissolving energy blockades, the reverse must be able to cause blockades. And by that, it is clear that it can shut down the whole energy system. At least, that’s the purpose and it seems to be the case in practice. Although, we do have to nuance this a little. Hitting acupuncture points in some determinate order is one thing. But that doesn’t mean that you will obtain the desired results. "

Restricted Stance
    Shares ability timers with counterstance
    Enhances Guarding rate, and guarding skill up rate. lowers attack speed.
    Effect. Removes the effect of martial arts, but severely increases guarding rate and guarding skill up rates.
    First off I'd give enhanced resistances to negative statuses. Secondly, I'd prefer this to be called Guardstance. Sadly, SE would probably severely nerf attack. Consider this would be opposite to to the effects counterstance. On counterstance your defense becomes the value of your VIT. To be true to mnk stances it would make attack reduced to your STR stat. The other negative effects aren't needed.

ON A SIDE NOTE: Guard skill up is broken and should be more like evasion skill ups where failures count towards skill up experience if engaged and facing the attacker. The added bonus to a job ability isn't necessary if its fixed in the first place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 03-14-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Silvra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

My take on improving Boost, Chi Blast, and additions

Always willing to put forth suggestions, I had a few of my own and did not want to start a whole new thread. I think we have a great ability in Chi Blast and Boost, but their effectiveness together is a bit weak. Damage wise, to reach full potential, Chi Blast must be coupled with 3 minutes worth of boosting. During this time, the Monk is unable to melee due to the effect of Boost wearing off. This is a great loss in damage potential to maximize another skill. While both skills are good the cohesiveness could be better. I propose that we enhance the way Boost buffs the player, and expand on the Chi style abilities.

The way I suggest we do this is by adding a buff-able charge system to Boost. Essentially, every time you boost, you get the normal +% to your attack power which wears off the next time you strike an opponent. However, in addition to this you gain a "Boost Charge" that does not wear off for some time (say 10mins-1hr). This charge can stack up to the current amount of 15 (3 minutes worth of boosting every 15 seconds) or it can change to some other amount. The charges are used to enhance "Chi" style abilities such as Chi Blast, and possibly some new ones which I will suggest shortly. In this way the Monk that normally boosts before battle, or before a weaponskill can have enough Boost charges built up to unleash a powerful Chi Blast while still staying viable in a melee fight.

In addition to this I propose additional abilities that would utilize these "Boost Charges". These could either be utilized by requiring a certain amount of charges gathered to be used, or only require one charge but be enhanced by additional consumption of charges. Timers and damage are not included as those are ultimately decided by the DEV Team, but my hopes is that they would be similar to or less than Chi Blast according to the skill.

Chi Strike:
    Releases a Chi attack to the enemy which reduces an enemy's TP. (Works like Feather Tickle for example)

Chi Shield:
    Gather Chi energy to create a shield which absorbs a certain amount of physical and magical damage. (works like a Stoneskin)

Chi Wave (I like that name):
    Expel your Chi energy to allies, reducing the TP gained by enemies when striking them.
    (this would act like a party buff that enhances the partie's subtle blow but not your own)

Crippling Blow:
    Gather you Chi energy to deliver an attack which stuns your enemy. Additional effect Knockback. (think of this like a Blue Mage's Headbutt)

Haymaker:
    Gather your Chi energy to deliver an attack which renders the target incapable of using weaponskills or job abilities. (an Amnesia effect)

Uppercut (or some other name):
    Gather your Chi energy to deliver a devastating critical blow to your enemy. (something like a critical hit enhanced by Boost charges, atk power, or strength)

Muted Blow:
    Gather your Chi energy to deliver an attack that Silences the target. (short duration Silence)

Thats all I have for those abilities. While were discussing Guard and Counterstance I have a few suggestions for those as well.

Counterstance:
    Change the "lowers defense" to "lowers evasion" It can still be a very powerful evasion down amount. (Only taking your Agility into account)

In regards to adding Guardingstance. It can share a timer, or remove Counterstance much like Saber Dance and Fan Dance operate.

Guardingstance
    Increases chance to Guard, but lowers defense.
    This "lowers defense" would be the same effect from the original Counterstance.

I would also like to see a "Perfect Guard" like we have a Perfect Counter.

Thanks for reading! (If you made it this far you're awesome). Also, on a side note, Dev Team as a Monk I would really like some Holy Knuckles. I do need to smite foes with righteous fury every once in a while.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast