Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes please. I can't for the life of me see it as game breaking even if we were allowed to merit them all. They have from nice to awesome animations, and I've long since run out of things to merit.
    (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For the life of me can't understand why SE is not willing to let us have a time sink. No two ways about it would keep people playing longer. Unless they think people will level alt char for WS and magic merits lol.
    (16)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Good lord I wish I could merit more. I really want SD / Apex Arrow / Ruin and so forth. Come on SE, let us merit more.
    (13)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-from-15-to-25

Needless to say, I agree. And liked
    (10)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It is interesting that when we ask for some sort of time sink like this, they often say we can't have it for BALANCE!! reasons but they'll gladly insert miserable time sinks that no one asks for. In a game that's pretty much based on not having to specialize they sure do like forcing us to specialize. I don't understand it. Maybe we should be using reverse psychology here.
    (9)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    yea its really depressing sitting on Ruinator, Shoha, Resolution, and not being able to get entropy
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Disagree, and not liked. You should have to specialize, that's what merits were originally about.

You can already merit them all if you don't mind them not being as good.
    (12)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Disagree, and not liked. You should have to specialize, that's what merits were originally about.

You can already merit them all if you don't mind them not being as good.
    Following that logic why doesnt SE limit the amount of jobs we take to 99? that'd even further how specialized your character is, oh we can even limit the amount of subjobs you can level too is that specialized enough for you?

Despit the snippy tone of my previous paragraph i do have a point there, we are able to level all jobs, quest all mythic relic and empyrean should you choose ect. ect. why does there need to be specialization in a game that allows you to level all classes in the first place? as it stands inventory limitations already decide how many classes you can play at 100% effectiveness.
    (18)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Following that logic why doesnt SE limit the amount of jobs we take to 99? that'd even further how specialized your character is, oh we can even limit the amount of subjobs you can level too is that specialized enough for you?
    I already addressed this when SE had announced the merit cap in the first place. The specialization argument is completely stupid, since it goes against everything that FFXI has different over other MMOs.

If people really must have a specialization argument, then why block people from meriting all of them anyways? There are people who can really do it all, they just work harder at it. Thus, if it is really an issue, then people wanting to unlock the ability to unlock more merit WS should just have to pay merits to get the ability. Thus lets say you spend 30 merits to unlock the ability to get 16th-20th points in the merit WS category, 60 to unlock your 21st-25th points, 90 to unlock your 26th-30th and so on. It will be insanely expensive to unlock all of them, thus countering any logical or intelligent argument against it.
    (4)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast