(3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Having a few jobs is seen as gimping themselves?
    Since when?
    anytime anyone posts about problems with a particular job, or not being able to get a group for certain content on certain jobs, the immediate response from most people is "get off your arse and level a job that's useful for that content." This basically means "you're gimp, now go ungimp yourself then come back."
    you're talking about people who have ONE job not A FEW, unless he only leveled "not wanted" jobs
    you can be usefull in every event while having only a few job
    (4)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The 3 merit ws limit is lame and just adds to players frustration with the game lately my friends are logging in less and less moving on to all the newer mmo's guess time catches up with us all. SE needs to get with the program....
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    unless he only leveled "not wanted" jobs
    The thing is, a majority of jobs are "not wanted." There are only really 2 core roles in this game: Damage and Support, and with 20 jobs, there's plenty of redundancy so it's eliminated by simply deciding the few that are"best" and only ever using those unless forced to (Tank is all but nonexistent in the game right now- Whichever job is capable of doing the most damage is usually the tank). "Not giimp unless you don't have the job we want" is effectually almost the same as "you're gimp if you haven't leveled every job."

Eventually, someone's going to want that one job you haven't picked, and you'll have to "gimp" your way though a fight without it. (I don't agree with this and it is not necessary to form the 100% perfect maximally optimal party setup for every fight and not doing so doesn't mean you're "gimp," but it is a commonly subscribed-to mentality) You could arguably level 3/4ths of all jobs and still be "gimp" by your definition.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-08-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This : "We're not limiting you to 3 WS guys. We're giving you choices! "... Just sounds retarded.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You don't get it, do you: If you can get all of them, then there's no decisionmaking involved: You just get all of them. If there is a limit, you have to make a choice. SImple, isn't it?

Is the current limit too low? Yes.

Should the limit be removed entirely? No.
    (3)

The thing is SE has nothing to lose if the limit was increased or completely removed because the only ones who would complain are the people who like to 'force' others to play the game the way they see it. (like the people who keep asking to up aby entry cap, or make a pre-aby server, etc.) Trying to force choices on a crowd who frowns upon the motion is poor business.
    (6)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure Alhanelem is arguing for the sake of debate and likes to play devil's advocate. But I'm gonna go back to my original argument that, sans job specific merits, SE has raised the cap on all other merit categories already. Would you like to argue how it's game breaking to have 5% critical hit rate now? Or maybe 12 STR? Should have kept HP/MP merits at 8, I mean you don't want people to attempt to survive VW AoEs now do you?

If SE doesn't want to raise the 15 merit cap then I'd suggest lowering the cap from 5 to 3 while still maintaining 100% modifier at 3/3. The percentages per merit would have to change of course but that would just make the base level WS suck less. That way the cap is still 15 merits but we get to cap 5 WS instead of 3, still quite limited but better than it is.
    (5)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alhanelem is arguing for the sake of debate and likes to play devil's advocate. But I'm gonna go back to my original argument that, sans job specific merits, SE has raised the cap on all other merit categories already. Would you like to argue how it's game breaking to have 5% critical hit rate now? Or maybe 12 STR? Should have kept HP/MP merits at 8, I mean you don't want people to attempt to survive VW AoEs now do you?

If SE doesn't want to raise the 15 merit cap then I'd suggest lowering the cap from 5 to 3 while still maintaining 100% modifier at 3/3. The percentages per merit would have to change of course but that would just make the base level WS suck less. That way the cap is still 15 merits but we get to cap 5 WS instead of 3, still quite limited but better than it is.
    Totally agreed with all of this post.
    (2)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You don't get it, do you: If you can get all of them, then there's no decisionmaking involved: You just get all of them. If there is a limit, you have to make a choice. SImple, isn't it?

Is the current limit too low? Yes.

Should the limit be removed entirely? No.
    Make all WSs equally worth and i will agree with you. As it is right now. Realmrazer , just to name an example, is nearly completely useless. The only 2 Jobs that use club at all are BLU and WHM. Hexastrike is worth more than Realmrazer and any other job that can use a club has much much better choices. Or do you see a WAR or PLD running around with clubs other than to proc a weakness?
    (1)

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast