Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

In-game Music replays.

When the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion was added to FFXI, one of the features was a place to replay music from all over Vana'diel. It was the Hostel in Aht Urhgan Whitegate.

I like to go there from time to time to replay some of my favorite tunes from the game.

However, the lists of available music has not been update in spite of all the new music that has been added to FFXI in Wings of the Goddess, the 3 add-on scenarios from 2009, and Abyssea.

A lot of this music can also be played by returning to the appropriate location and replaying the cutscenes that took place in that area.

But some of them are just too much trouble to go to just for a music/cutscene replay. For example, I would like to be able to replay the music that was used in the final battlefield of A Shantotto's Ascension. But since that battlefield is Sacraficial Chamber, I can't do it very easily since the appropriate target to replay the Cutscenes around that battle is inside the zone, and entry to that zone requires use of the unlit lantern... rancor flame... etc. More trouble than it is worth. I would still like to be able to play that music (or the cutscenes) without the hassle of entering Sacraficial Chamber.

The Hostel seems like it would be a good place to be able to do that. But I guess SE hasn't bothered to update it since I guess not many people use the Hostel.

It is still something I would like to see happen. I would hope it wouldn't take much to just add options to play newer music in there.

Thank you.
    (3)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I just did a check on the Test Server to see if something has been done with this.

I did find one thing that I could call progress, but it's still not real accessable just for sake of replaying music. The music item I named in the original post is available as Fanfare #8 from the Legion Libretto. But of course, this is only usable upon paying for and entering the Legion area. I will likely use that music from the final battle of A Shantotto's Ascension (Fanfare #8) if I ever do Legion on the production server I am on (Siren) once the feature has been moved into production. The only problem with that is I don't see myself doing Legion much. The people I play with are having a hard enough time with some of the Voidwatch NM's, and I keep hearing that Legion is significantly more challenging. So there doesn't seem much of a chance to do it.

I would still like to see an update to the NPC Oshi Shomahl inside Kokba Hostel at position L-10 in Aht Urhgan Whitegate to include that tune and several others intruduced to the game with content starting with Wings of the Goddess and later (and maybe even a few tunes added late in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion too).

Since the Kokba Hostel seems to be very under utilized (it never seems to be busy), I won't hold my breath for a change. But I can still hope. It may be better to ask for some other implementation of a service like this, although I don't have any good suggestions on where it should be.
    (0)