Hybrid View

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

How does Leveling work now?

So how does leveling work now? or rather where does everyone go for exp? I logged in and went and leveled up to 13 than decided I would go check out how active the Valkurm Dunes were. When I got there I got the surprise of my life and there were only a few 99 players there. Shocked at the sight I decided to find out what is up.

Can someone please explain to me.
    (1)

gusen mines , and or the prison under sandy till 30 , pay for or have friends get you into any abyssea leach till 95, if this is your first toon book burn till 50 level cap then 55 cap etc so your not blowing gil leeching in abyssea , it about 75 and you can get into an abyssea party as a none leech.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    book burn in gusgen mines from 15 to 50?
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Solo to 30, abyssea burn to 99, rinse and repeat up to 20 times per character.
    It is far, far, far, far, far more easier to skill up after the fact then taking the time to skill as you lvl. Which you will still gain some of.
    As for gusgen mines. keep in mind that your syncee becomes useless around 27 and will have to be replaced frequently.
    (1)

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Solo to 30, abyssea burn to 99, rinse and repeat up to 20 times per character.
    It is far, far, far, far, far more easier to skill up after the fact then taking the time to skill as you lvl. Which you will still gain some of.
    As for gusgen mines. keep in mind that your syncee becomes useless around 27 and will have to be replaced frequently.
    yeah not too worried i want my 30 only for my advanced classes. than i plan on getting dragoon up.
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    At 13 head to gusgen mines til 30. If you got the Gil 100k/ hour the you can leech in abyssea til 75 or so then it's abyssea parties till 99. If not you will have to go to the crawlers nest for parties if there's anyone, the sewer under sandy of just plain solo till you can reach abyssea.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I suggest taking whm up for the 75 Maat fight, as you can stand there and laugh your way through it.
    (1)

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I suggest taking whm up for the 75 Maat fight, as you can stand there and laugh your way through it.
    The game is already Laughably easy why would i wanna make it even easier?
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Decide how you wanna take your poison, fast leveling and pay later, or slower leveling on your own or duo. You should be able to solo to lvl 30 using FoV + GoV on starting areas and the usual leveling areas (Buburimu, Valkrum, Tahrongi, etc). Around 28-29 you can even solo in Qufim to 33-35. And skip Gusgen Mines altogether if you rather go the slow way. Gusgen will get you to 27-30s very fast - it gives you a taste of what to come.

Around 30s - go to Crawler Nest and repeat the GoV book burn till 60s (synch is up to 57). If you are still not about to tear your hair out, you can mix it up with FoV on other areas, either solo or duo if you need to skill up. Around 60s, people go to Bostanieux - near North Sandy inside the castle dungeon. It's what normally done. However you can have friends or make a group and do Boyahda Tree as well for an awesome old school party to 70s. It is best you go there around 65 and ask your lvl 99 friend who needs to skill up or unlocking weapon skill trial to duo with you. Or just go with 6 other lvl 60-70s and hack it old school.

Then you hit the La Theine abysea worm party, or frog, and enjoy speed level to 99. After that you may have to go back to the tree to skill ups. The game is now about weapon and gear grinding, so your goal is to get to 99 ASAP so you can take the magian trials and go at it. When you are done with weapons (empyrean weapon or other elementals) and your abyssea AF3+1, +2 gears - it's time to join the Voidwatch shouts. Or level multi jobs, for abyssea, for void watch, for neo nyzul, etc... Welcome to the grind, for gears and weapons

By the way, these are the most bang for your bucks jobs, you should level them, could be useful. WHM, BLM, SCH, SMN, BST, WAR, MNK, NIN, THF, DNC, SAM, BLU. Most are good for abyssea seal farming, others are excellent for neo nyzul, some for neo dynamis farm, and then void watch.
    (6)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 05-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    wow... so i did the grinding today and got tired after an hour or so... hitting 25 that fast was crazy.. honestly i didnt mind the speed of the leveling due to having fun with the party.

edit: when i say tired i mean sleepy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Iakothm; 05-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast