Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    All Rapier class weapons deal Piercing type if i recall. Though one big thing you're all forgetting about "Different Damage Type Weapons" is that the effect only works on Melee attacks, and not Weaponskills, So your Weaponskills would still take the nerf bat.

As far as Club Goes, a Solid C~C+ would be fun, But I'd sooner enjoy a better damage, higher level club. Right now I'm(was) Using Raphael's Rod, Sad D:40 is the best THF Can do for club...

Regardless, Theres a Blunt Damage Polearm, Piercing/Slashing H2H, Piercing Swords... ANd i think a Blunt-Damage Great Katana... There's a lot of those weapons with unique damage types for their class. Would be nice to have a Blunt Dagger, but i fear it unlikely, and still would be ultimately pretty derp due to WS not being effected by the Damage type change...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Eireann View Post
    You don't have to be condescending Daniel,
    He does, he's an idiot.

On the suggestion of a blunt dagger however, those weapons don't deal the 'abnormal' damage type during weaponskills, so SE's great vision of being a hate control master is still out of the window if you can't deal (much/any) damage to a mob that's weak to 1 specific damage type.

Personally I don't see that the low skill level makes much of a difference. I can proc Earth Crusher in abyssea as THF/WAR even without aggressor up, no acc atmas, just dex from cruor buffs and RR (~50% accuracy from eyeballing it), so outside of abyssea hitting stuff with a D skill weapon really shouldn't be an issue, unless the Crystal Dragon or any Legion mobs are highly resistant to piercing.

Edit: Seems Karby posted a very similar post while I was typing this one.
    (2)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 05-03-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    He does, he's an idiot.
    Pot, Black springs to mind.
    (0)

Character
    Eireann
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    I like the idea of having club be a B- or C+ level on Thf. It keeps with the character of the thief. Think of black jacks, small easily concealed weapons, like daggers. You could even restrict the types of clubs a thf can equip (like the restriction on type of daggers usable by Dnc). I'd love to whack mobs with a shillelagh!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. There a lots of thieves and muggers alike that find you in a dark alley and hit you over the head with a billy club or black jack and steal your stuff. I thought THF and Club would compliment each other, just as much as daggers are suited for them. I'd just like a few more options to play with!
    (0)

Player
    Or ask your lazy WHMs to Banish III it or WAR to use Tomahawk. I remember THFs doing absurdly high SATA True Strikes at 75 on bones in KRT.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Or ask your lazy WHMs to Banish III it or WAR to use Tomahawk. I remember THFs doing absurdly high SATA True Strikes at 75 on bones in KRT.
    Yep, and this was before Deae Gratia was even released.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2